Politics Jan 14 Dem Debate

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by barfo, Jan 14, 2020.

1. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla Well-Known Member

I am not against free college, but I really don't think it would solve much. Even now, college graduates can't find good jobs in their fields. How is that going to get better with more people going to college? This is the main topic where I think Yang has the better answers. We need to stop having people's education and jobs be the only measure of their worth. Automation is not stopping, it's ramping up.

2. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

lol...no, actually, your opinion of my opinion means dick.

3. jonnyboy

jonnyboy Well-Known Member

Good one.

4. donkiez

donkiez Well-Known Member

I completely agree. Free college or education availability by itself is only part of the puzzle. Yang is the best candidate on the board by far. I am working in high tech manufacturing and i am watching it become automated before my eyes. It's crazy, awesome and scary all at the same time. We now hire people with more education than i have for much more basic jobs and way less money, and they are entering the job with double or triple the debt of people from my generation. Eventually we won't even need them. Education availability extends beyond just getting a job though, smarter people make better decisions in general and contribute to society in a diverse way which directly or indirectly is beneficial to everyone.

SlyPokerDog and VanillaGorilla like this.
  5. oldfisherman

oldfisherman Unicorn Wrangler

First, enjoyed everyones debate about the debate.

WTF!
    Bernie tucks tail and runs away. He feels entitled to everything, and accountable to no one.

Bernie kind of reminds me of Mr Magoo. But that would be insulting a cartoon character.

Hope Warren kicks Bernies ass out of the race.

6. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Im even less impressed with her now.

Lanny likes this.
  7. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Me too. And she used to be high on my list.

8. jonnyboy

Meh. He chose not to feed the troll. Good on him. Warren’s little stunt appears to be backfiring. Seems every time she tries to bring up something about her past to get ahead she falls flat on her face. Native heritage, fired for being pregnant, kids going to public school and now the Bernie thing. It all turned out to be bullshit. I think she will be gone soon.

9. yankeesince59

Warren overplayed her hand...big time.

10. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

I'm not sure about some of these takes about the Warren/Bernie fisticuffs. I don't see how it came out badly for her.

barfo

11. yankeesince59

Don't care for Bernie's policies and don't care for Warren's policies either, mostly because they are both just way too far left, but, I simply think she was out of line by confronting Sanders on stage about their silly little feud about something that happened years ago and should not be an issue. IMO, it was the wrong place and the wrong time to make her point and I think it makes her come off as petty.
    Again, I don't agree with her hammering Bernie over and over concerning something that really should not be an issue, just as it should not be an issue for Bernie to bring up "Pocahontas" if he were to do so.

But unfortunately, and I think you'll agree, that sometimes an individual's only avenue to make themselves look good, is to try to make someone else look bad.

12. barfo

Wasn't she reacting to what Bernie had said just a few minutes prior, not from Dec 2018?

Yes, that's what both of them tried to do. I think it was a draw.

barfo

13. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

agree 100%.
    CNN baited Bernie into it I thought and its obvious they have their preference.
    They never came out and asked EW if he indeed said it rather they asked her what her feelings were assuming he did, directly after he denied it.

donkiez likes this.
  14. donkiez

donkiez Well-Known Member

For what it's worth i don't think it affected Warrens overall standing much. At this point the dems are pretty solidly divided between moderates and progressives and there's not much either side can do to sway the others voters. Which leaves Bernie and Warren both competing for the same voters. Both have zealot like followings but would still prefer the other over a moderate. I feel like Warren and Sanders would still be better off being buddies for now everyone seemed to love them when they teamed up against Biden, but i think with Warren slipping some she got desperate and took a swing for the fences.

Hoopguru likes this.
  15. yankeesince59

Not entirely sure but we know that this all stemmed from something that occurred years ago...but if she felt that strongly about it I think she should have confronted him then and there, not after the debate was over...yeah, it still may have portrayed her as "petty" but at the same time it may have given her the appearance, wrongfully or not, as being strong and more assertive and not willing to take any crap.

Just my 2 cents.

Hoopguru likes this.
  16. yankeesince59

Yeah, it does seem that CNN is a bit biased towards Warren.

Hoopguru likes this.
  17. yankeesince59

That's just it, she doesn't really have much of a standing at this point...and I agree that she may be desperate and figures she has nothing else to lose by "going postal"...lol.

18. jonnyboy

The fact that she’s apparently been holding this in her back pocket all this time while we’ve all seen her shaking hands and hugging Bernie in the meantime just makes her seem disingenuous. She’s just made it obvious that she’s only playing a game. It’s not a good look.

Hoopguru and donkiez like this.
  19. barfo

She's in the top four, it's not like she's an also-ran. It is the case that Bernie's supporters are more committed to him than hers are to her, however. She's a lot of people's second choice, but needs more firm first-choices.

I think from her point of view she was trying to show that she wasn't going to be pushed around by Bernie. He hit her, so she hit back harder.

It seems neither campaign was damaged, but we may find out only later that 12 staffers had to be evacuated due to concussive injuries.

If I had to bet today on who wins Iowa, I'd bet on Biden. But it could be any of the top 4, including Bernie and Warren.

barfo

20. barfo

Same goes for Bernie, who after all threw the first punch. Guess what, they both want to win.

barfo