Politics January 6th

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by SlyPokerDog, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Road Ratt

Road Ratt King of my own little world

Even Fox News Thought January 6th Went Too Far.

ehizzy3 and SlyPokerDog like this.
  2. Road Ratt

Mark Meadows Held in Contempt of Congress as Jan. 6 Probe Expands. How Long Can Trump Hold Out?

3. Shaboid

Shaboid Well-Known Member

Question is, can he hold out until mid-terms. I think his only hope is for the GOP to win a majority and ease up the investigation. Sadly, it's looking like that is gonna happen.

Road Ratt likes this.
  4. donkiez

donkiez Well-Known Member

calvin natt likes this.
  5. jonnyboy

jonnyboy Well-Known Member

Wasn’t it all over social media that people were going to the capitol on Jan. 6? It wasn’t exactly inside information, we were literally talking about it on here on the 5th. To suddenly suggest that every Republican who mentioned it before hand (most condemning it) is some kind of insider who was part of a plot to overthrow the government is just conspiracy nonsense. The people who got out of hand at the capitol that day are the ones liable, nobody else forced them to go. No person in power told them to go force their way into the capitol (no, Trump didn’t). This liberal elite hard-on for Trump has to stop sometime. He’s gone, you got your potato in office, time move on and quit LITERALLY giving Trump the same publicity that got him elected n the first place. How bad do you guys really want him in your day to day lives?

MARIS61 likes this.
  6. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Considering that I started this thread on Dec 27th by posting a Trump tweet announcing the rally then yes, it was all over social media.

riverman likes this.
  7. jonnyboy

And what did he say? To break into the Capitol building?

8. donkiez

For someone who seems to love conspiracy theories I am surprised that you don't see how someone of power could decide to use an angry mob for their own means, then not admit it and try to cover it up. Maybe it's all bullshit but that's what investigations are for, so let them investigate and give them all the information to do so. Only guilty people want to seal white house records.

Lanny and calvin natt like this.
  9. jonnyboy

Oh don’t get me wrong it’s great, love a good conspiracy theory, lots of fun. Investigate away. The way people talk on here though you’d think the investigation was already over and all their crazy suspicions were proven correct. People are already high-fiving and slapping ass not realizing the game isn’t over and they aren’t winning.

donkiez likes this.
  10. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

People on here actually already said it's obvious what happened to everyone, there is evidence of it happening, and they are disappointed that they know it will not result in serious punishment.

They know they aren't winning, they are just amazed that such a fucked up event could happen in the US and go unpunished.

11. donkiez

The evidence is pretty damning but I doubt if any of them will be held accountable for anything and will probably get to try again. More reason for despair than high fives, imo.

12. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

Zero high fiving actually the opposite.

13. jonnyboy

I noticed you chose not to address the ass slapping.

14. Road Ratt

If the democrats would simply grow a heart and do something for the people, they might stand a chance in the mid terms. But as things are now, they are literally shooting themselves in the foot (looking like a party that can't get things done). Their broken promises will bring us a republican majority, and they should already know this. But, I don't think the democrats care anymore than the republicans do. So, sadly, it will most likely happen.

15. Phatguysrule

Don't ask, don't tell...

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  16. riverman

riverman Writing Team

he said you better fight like hell or you'll lose your country...he said Mike Pence should not conduct a peaceful transfer of power and he threatened governors in battleground states to fabricate votes for himself....He also said he'd march to the Capitol with them and then went and gloated watching it on tv........yeah...we all saw this shit go down and it hardly gave any libs erections...quite the opposite...although you enjoy a good lib jab when you can throw one in...it's your own fantasy fueled idea that Trump is not part of that insurrection because....you need libs to be wrong about Jan6...pretty sad really but Trump fueled the insurrection and still fucking is fueling insurrection from the cheap seats....he's a piece of shit...no empathy from my camp...Liz Cheney is hardly a lib....and she's the biggest Trump finger pointer on the commission...

17. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

There is not one single political issue on which I agree with Liz Cheney but she decided to be a patriot and put Constitution first, even when she disagreed with results of election. It is telling that this is so exceptional in Republican party.

18. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

19. jonnyboy

Did the “Our country’s election has been interfered with!” crowd from 2016 also make a power point? What about the “How dare you question a free and fair election!” crowd?

Both those ideas got recycled as well.

20. Phatguysrule

Our country's elections certainly got messed with, and it's beyond time that we addressed those issues.

I'm not sure what you're talking about regarding not questioning elections. We should always check and review our processes. That's part of the broader point above...

ehizzy3 and Chris Craig like this.