Politics January 6th

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by SlyPokerDog, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

So you want a serious answer? Its a long one…

The serious answer is almost all taxations should be modified to meet todays usage of goods that we can now track much more detailed than we used to.
    Blanket taxes exist for some things deemed used by all. Such as roads, the frequency of emergency assistance required, parks and recreation, etc.
    When in reality i might visit the park down the street 15 times a year and my neighbor doesn't even know it exists. Should they pay in as much as i?
    Thats the fundamental question that resides around many topics of budget spending and how to pay for it.
    Id rather pay more into it so that my neighbor doesn't have to and they have money to spend on what they want without my aid.
    Taxation is nothing more than a pooling of imdividual funds to help pay for the needs of all in a community. That worked great when communities were smaller and can unify on most decisions. However the problem is, there is never a unified decision on how to spend it anymore. Capital hill gridlock. So much of it gets wasted in needless beaucrracy expenditures. Then you have the potential for corruption.
    This is the core of many conservatives beliefs… That it would be better off left in the individuals hands to spend how they deem best for themselves. This means trusting people to make the right choice. This means some things will cost much more. But then other things will no longer cost anything if not used.

We can track mileage of drivers. We track grocery spending habits, etc.
    If were gonna have a big brother, id prefer it to be the type that lets people do their own thing and then charges them for it accordingly. Not someone taking my money and spending it on what they think is best for me.
    This is the foundation of the reason why i was a republican for so long and it has nothing to do with wanting to hold any race or sect of people back. It has nothing to do with bigotry, racism or magat syndrome or mysoginistic desires.

Im actually glad i typed this out.
    Its actually turned the light bulb on as to why ive been the way ive been around here….

the last few years have been political hell for any conservative around here.
    So im sorry i didn't really answer your question but i don't think it really matters….

With todays two party big business sellout government we have, i do not think my opinion of how to spend money, being a conservative republican one, is so evil…

but conservatives are all too often made out to be evil without aNy real concept of why many are a conservative…

There aRe sleazy slimy, selfish hateful people in all sects, races, religions, communities, political parties, etc.
    So many people have bought into this false correlation of being a conservative means supporting racism, etc.
    And this bullshit correlation has been eating at me for a while. Because i know exactly why i have my conservative views and it has nothing to do with holding anyone back or thinking one person deserves more or less than another.

Basically im just tired of the conservative vilification so acceptable aRound here…

end rant, sorry so long and ill take my self imposed break now.

2. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

How many times did you use the military last year?

riverman and RR7 like this.
  3. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

I'm not sure most conservatives would agree with the government tracking your every move so that they could tax you on everything you do.

I'm not sure most Republicans would agree that people in red states/rural areas should start paying their fair share instead of being subsidized by the blue states/cities.

I'm not sure there was ever a time when everyone agreed about spending decisions. People have had differing opinions for as long as recorded history.

barfo

RickyJoe, RR7 and Phatguysrule like this.
  4. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    I think he’s getting a bid for an all-out attack on this board.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  5. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

We've tried all of that. We've tried compartmentalized taxation and spending since at least the 80s. We've tried making sure people on drugs don't receive government funds, etc...

It always ALWAYS costs significantly more for the beurocracy to track and manage and the public good is diminished significantly.

That is a big reason our government is so dysfunctional (aside from the corrupt bribing and insider trading).

I get that conservatives want that to be possible. It's just not possible to have that level of control without being run as an authoritarian or dictatorship style government.

That's not at all what we want or need.

6. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Rudy the ghoul is unhappy he isn't invited onto Fox "News" any more and blames ... Jews.
    Also his ass is being sued by the two election workers in Georgia MAGA cult claims "stole" that states election. Both women have had to leave homes and jobs and change appearance due to nonstop death threats.

stampedehero and Lanny like this.
  7. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

8. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Strange how people seem to remember the Trump years arguments and forget 8 previous years of Obama and Clinton bashing from the conservative camp......a lot of S2 members were actively involved in that but man the skin gets thin when you bash the current GOP authoritarian movement and then they act like that's headed for democracy....that staging a coup is the way to MAGA......yeah..I think the critics have damned good reason to hold the GOP accountable right now....plenty of "conservatives" don't belong to the GOP and many have recently left...then you have ..John McCain, Mitt Romney, Liz Cheney, George Bush....all denounced the last administrations attacks on decency and the constitution.....there's no comparison between the previous administrations conduct and the GOP conduct when holding power. Not a tough call to see who's hurting the country in my view and I'm an independent. The Trump era ran for office by vilifying any competition and lying about people who were actually good at their jobs....it has been a horrific chapter in American history and it's going to take a long time to fix...be a conservative all you want but be honest about holding your own party of choice accountable.....the guy would have been impeached and had a replacement if republicans were honest about witness tampering and dishonest presidential practices

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  9. Shaboid

Shaboid Well-Known Member

10. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    Today I saw a "Fuck Biden" flag under the American flag. That is sad!!! I want more Fuck Trump and his filth instead.

11. stampedehero

He is a failure. He is not worth a pro bono case.

Lanny, riverman and ehizzy3 like this.
  12. noknobs

noknobs Well-Known Member

Based on the content of Hannity's texts with Trump that were just released, I'm wondering if someone can explain to me how it's different from when Chris Cuomo got fired from CNN due to how he aided his brother the governor?

13. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Well, Governor Cuomo was a turd but he was not trying to overthrow the Constitution.

14. stampedehero

benito-trump-mussolini-jpg (1).jpg After instigating the riot Trump had a chance to play dress up in his oval office..

15. stampedehero

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  16. stampedehero

17. stampedehero

18. stampedehero

I feel the same way. I wouldn't place a decal or flag regarding Fuck Trump but others should just because idiots harbor resentment for Joe Biden..

Lanny, SlyPokerDog, riverman and 2 others like this.
  19. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

if i could like this a million times i would. Never before have i read a post that details my exact thoughts.
    So sick of the bothsider ridicule bullshit. Its both sides going berserk…anyone who pushes back on that is clearly blind…

People need to get control of themselves. Stop thinking being an asshole is cool and others need to stop propping that behavior up as acceptable.
    There are assholes everywhere. But to let some go and not the others is just compounding the problem. Not solving it…

Stop treating each other so poorly. Humanity has never been lower…..

Chris Craig and Tyrant of Ants like this.
  20. Road Ratt

Road Ratt King of my own little world

“American Insurrection” How Far-Right Extremists Moved from Fringe to Mainstream After Jan. 6 Attack.