January Transfers

Discussion in 'Liverpool FC' started by CelticKing, Nov 22, 2007.

1. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

<span class="titolo">American Owners To Discuss January Transfers With Benitez</span></p>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'></p>

<span class="sommario">Liverpool owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks revealed that talks have been scheduled with Rafa Benitez in December, with squad improvement top of the agenda.</span></p>

The American duo have allowed Reds boss Rafael Benitez to spend their cash lavishly in the summer, with Fernando Torres, Ryan Babel, Lucas Leiva and Yossi Benayoun all arriving for just under &pound;50million.</p>

The investment was made with clear intentions for Liverpool to close the cap on Chelsea and Manchester United and chase domestic league success.</p>

But there have been reports that Benitez is unhappy with the delay in finalising a permanent deal for on-loan midfielder Javier Mascherano.</p>

Gillett and Hicks have now released a statement in an attempt to put the focus on the club's upcoming fixtures, starting with the weekend's game against Newcastle United.</p>

"We made a significant investment in the playing squad during the summer and desperately want this team to succeed," read the co-chairmen's statement on the club's official website.</p>

"There are some very important games coming up in the next couple of weeks and all of us need to focus on winning those games and getting the best out of the players we already have at the club.</p>

"We will leave any talk of buying or selling players until we come across to Liverpool in December and sit down with the manager then."</p>

The December date has been widely translated to mean the Spaniard shall be handing a list to Hicks and Gillett of his main transfer targets for the January transfer window.</p>

</div></p>

2. man_u_barmy_army

man_u_barmy_army DYC Legend +Young Prodigy

<font face="Arial" size="2">home they can get all this business sorted out</font></p>

3. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Yeah me too, they will only get better with all the talent they have.</p>

4. man_u_barmy_army

man_u_barmy_army DYC Legend +Young Prodigy

<font face="Arial" size="2">yea need to imporve on the people themselves</font></p>

5. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

Whoaa. What happened to a new better liverpool with the &pound;50-&pound;60mill he pent in the summer. Heh. Looks like Benitez can't sign Potentially good players. Lucas anyone lol.</p>

6. Art_gunner4life

Art_gunner4life DYC Arsenal Fan

Now he's having a tantrum because he's not going to have enough funds this january?...what a baby. Huge factor will be if they dont qualify in the CL group. If I were a pool supporter I would suggest they sack his @ss, afterall the massive spending he's done since being manager there.He should shut it and and try and win the league with his expenisve signings. I'm willing to bet that teams likes derby,sunderland,wigan, would be extremely happy to have a squad like pool's, but rafa is never happy, he's constantly in need of more players and not just any player, hyped ones. Im rather surprised the boardmembers have not giving him the boot afternot beingable to come close to winning a leaguesince being in charge, the only reason why he's still there is because he's done great in Europe and I must say, they've had quite the luck to make it so often to the finals, despite not playing the best football in europe. I really dontunderstand why he's not satisfied, he gots gerrard,alonso,babel,carra,yossi,torres,reina, which are aguably more than OK players. His rotation system has failed, he has babel benched and not playing him regularlyas a striker on the wing, to me he has potential to be the next henry if exploited well, the kid is awesome, I'd go asfar as to say that if torres and babelsperformances were to peak at their carreers, babels would be best. My guess why they are not wanting to spend is because of the new stadium and because they ratethe squad good enough to mount achallenge without having to signanyoneelse.</p>

7. Art_gunner4life

Art_gunner4life DYC Arsenal Fan

http://goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=490672</p>

</p>

lol, according to this article the pool owners are pretty fed up of rafa's spending attitude, and they want to see results before they start writing out more blankchecks..., is rafa goin to take the advice or throw another fit and walk out on liverpool?</p>