Jason Collier dies at 28

Discussion in 'Atlanta Hawks' started by lessthanjake, Oct 15, 2005.

1. odde23

odde23 JBB Not A JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sabretooth:</div><div class="quote_post">I hate to see someone younger than myself pass.</div>

What an odd comment.

I have always followed Jasons career because we share the same last name. I thought that it would be cool if we were related. I had actually planned on getting his autograph this season and Trying to meet him. There aren't too many Colliers on this side of the ocean. This tragedy really has gotten to me this morning. We should have a memorial put on the front page.

2. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

3. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

When I read this, I couldn't believe it and right now I still can't. As lessthanjake said, it makes basketball seem so pointless. My condolenes to his family. R.I.P.

4. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

No it should make basketball seem more meaningful because you never know when your last game is going to be. If you take anything from these tragedies learn to live life to the fullest. I know it sounds cheesy, but it's true. Don't sweat the small stuff and spend time doing things that you enjoy most, like playing basketball.

5. Theo41

Theo41 BBW Member

Crazy, RIP.

6. Ma3oxuct

Ma3oxuct Nets Preview Team

This is some very bad news. My condolences to the Collier family and I hope that such a tradegy never occurs to anyone so young.

7. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

Just so sad and hard to even beleive...

RIP Jason.

8. Mr.Wade

Mr.Wade JBB The Canadian Dream

It's so hard to believe this... it happens on a day to day basis but with especially with a professional sports player, it's just mind blowing.

It's hard to think of how easily everything you love and everything can be taken away from you in a split second... everything you've worked your whole life for is gone just liek that.

When someone young and sucessful and enjoyable dies that young it's just so sad... RIP.

9. Ragmon

Ragmon JBB JustBBall Member

wow this sucks. has anyone else noticed a trend of heart problems/chest pains in professional players? i hope this has nohting to do with drugs but first curry had them, then someone else, i forgot who, and now jason collier dies from a heart attack at a young age. [​IMG]

10. blueracer

blueracer JBB JustBBall Member

Condolence to the Colliers family as well as to the Atlanta Hawks organization and players. He was such a good man. Rest in Peace.

11. HASAN33

HASAN33 JBB JustBBall Member

RIP-I never like to hear news like that

12. Squishface

Squishface JBB Ministering Fools

Now that I've read the official release from the Hawks and his family...wow that's frightening. Just all of a sudden, bam, dead. Hard to imagine something like that could happen with so little provocation. And his wife and child, man that's rough. His dad seemed very candid and lucid, like he was just in denial altogether, either that, or he has his son's penchant for understated humor and understanding. To hear Al Harrington's words on the incident (which were nearly unintelligible, for understandable reasons), as well as Tony Delk's, were particularly meaningful, as they were his closest friends on the team, and they were truly affected, near as I could tell.

Hopefully we will not need to stand for any sort of nonsense from the press having to do with demanding any more information about his death. He's gone, nothing will change that, and whether or not his family would like to release that information is strictly up to them, and that's all anyone <u>should</u> need to know.

13. dallasdude

dallasdude JBB JustBBall Member

This is terrible. RIP Collier and god bless his family.

14. Ewings2ndcousin

Ewings2ndcousin JBB JustBBall Member

Per AJC...autopsy not conclusive as of yet...shame...terrible shame.

15. 30 standing ver

30 standing ver JBB JustBBall Member

I was pretty much inshocked like everyone else. RIP Jason Collier.

16. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

RIP Jason. ** condolences to his family and friends. 28 is just too young for anyone to die.

17. clanq fu

clanq fu JBB JustBBall Member

prayers out

having a cardiac arrythmia **self and collapsing on the court when i was a HS baller, i TOTALLY feel for this situation and ** own collapse was near to the time of hank gathers' passing. ** thoughts and prayers are with the collier family and his friends. never a good thing when ANYONE passes... but always a shock when someone we think is in tremendous health passes like this....

18. bonethugz

bonethugz JBB JustBBall Member

19. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

RIP

I have to admit though, and I hate even thinking of this but do you htink that steroids could've contributed to an enlarged heart? because all of scandals going on right now. Nevertheless, Rest in Peace big man.

20. Bleed Green

Bleed Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting playmaker15:</div><div class="quote_post">RIP

I have to admit though, and I hate even thinking of this but do you htink that steroids could've contributed to an enlarged heart? because all of scandals going on right now. Nevertheless, Rest in Peace big man.</div>

The autopsy wouldve found steroids in his body. He had an enlarged heart.