Jazz After Antonio Daniels

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Stockton, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Stockton

Stockton JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Guard Antonio Daniels still has not received an offer from the Sonics, while the Lakers, Cavaliers, Raptors and Jazz are among the teams in pursuit.</div>

<div align="center">Source </div>

2. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

Well, if we get him, I'll be happy.

3. Iguodala

Iguodala JBB JustBBall Member

That would be very good for the jazz

4. spark22

spark22 JBB JustBBall MVP

I doubt the Jazz get him, even though he would be a great pick up. I say he will probably sign with Cleveland, since he is from Ohio and who wouldn't want to play in front of their home every night. But I would be happy with Daniels.

5. Mr.Wade

Mr.Wade JBB The Canadian Dream

I don't see Daniels going to Utah.. he's either going to Miami or Cleveland.

I hope he goes to Miami he'd be a great fit there with Shaq clogging the paint. Yet, he'd also be a good fit in Cleveland, it all depends on how many years Daniels has left in his tank that are productive.

6. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Jazz still a possibility for Seattle's Daniels

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> It looks like the Jazz remain in the running for Seattle Sonics point guard Antonio Daniels, who is emerging as one of the more-popular free agents available in the NBA's 2005 summer shopping market.
    According to Saturday's Seattle Times, Daniels "said he will begin visiting NBA teams" this week and "the Los Angeles Lakers, Miami and Utah are likely destinations."
    The Jazz are seeking a veteran point guard to complement rookie point Deron Williams, the No. 3 overall selection in the June 28 NBA Draft.
    Daniels, 30, and Memphis free-agent point Earl Watson were at the top of Utah's wish list even before it drafted Williams, and it appears Daniels still is.
    But there could be plenty of competition.
    According to the Los Angeles Daily News on Saturday, "one of the teams at the top of Daniels' list of potential destinations will be the Lakers." The Daily News reported that Daniels' agent said his client "likely will make a decision about where to sign by the end of next week. He has heard from 15 teams in all, with the strongest interest coming from Cleveland, the Lakers, Miami, Utah and Toronto."</div>

<div align="center">Source </div>

It's unlikely the Jazz get Daniels, but if they did he would be a good addition for them. He may start if he was on the Jazz, his experience would help greatly and he could help out Deron Williams.