JD Time

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by panzerporter, May 18, 2019.

1. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Aho offer sheeted for 8m by Montreal is actually a worthwhile move for only a 1st 2nd and 3rd, though Carolina will match it.

2. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

I would be surprised if they can afford to keep Kreider at 7 mill or more per for 6 or 7 years, but I am also surprised they were able to get Panarin to sign, so who knows.

3. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

Gotta disagree about Hank 71, he's been among the bottom third of NHL goalies statistically since his payday. I agree the defense hasn't been stellar but Hank was outplayed by Talbot, Raanta and Georgiev who also had the same defense in front of them. Unfortunately for the Rangers his contract year came during the Cup run. Hank should do the right thing and retire, his 37 year old ass is not going to catch Marty.

4. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

I'm not ruling out the organization at the deadline telling him to either accept a trade or star being scratched. It would be sad to see him go out like that but it's a possibility.

5. Rangers94

Rangers94 Well-Known Member

I’d rule that out completely. This franchise would never scratch him if he’s healthy. Move him to backup? Yes. Healthy scratch him? Never gonna happen. And he’s not waving his NTC. He’ll be here for the entirety of his contract, we’ll just have to suck it up and hope he retires. Thankfully it’s only this season and next.

6. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Gorton and JD have no history with Hank in his good years. They will do what is best for the team. Zucc was a huge fan favorite. Gorton didn't care.