Trade Jimmy Butler Trade Rumors: Updated June 19

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by truebluefan, Jun 16, 2017.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I dont remember

2. rosenthall

rosenthall Well-Known Member

So......I think I'm fine with this trade.

Before his injury LaVine was probably one of the 10 best players on a rookie contract. I think Dunn was more highly regarded by the teams doing the trade than the fans.
    I have doubts about Markannen as a prospect, but getting a high lotto pick in this draft is very valuable.

I can easily imagine this being the best trade that was out there, and Jimmy's value was never going to be higher than tonight.

bulls_with_booz likes this.
  3. bulls_with_booz

bulls_with_booz We're Selfish

I think seeing how DMC was traded for an ounce of weed and a grown man named Buddy sobered my expectations when it came to Butler's trade value.

4. truebluefan

So true. And I get it. Most Bulls fans wished we had gotten a better deal, myself included. And they want the FO fired yesterday.

I am fine with the trade. It is about cap space, youth, and next few drafts

Edit kind of wished Bulls could have kept #16. Patton can shoot.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  5. truebluefan

6. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    WOW. Bulls should have been willing to make trades all along.

Or show loyalty to players who'd be here their entire careers.

Jimmy reunited with Thibs.

7. bullsger

bullsger Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Somehow fine with the trade. Very sad to give away pick 16 also. Very good trade for Timberwolves. Not sure what Bulls see in Dunn. Hope that LaVine stays healty and won't be Rose 2.0

8. such sweet thunder

such sweet thunder Member Staff Member Moderator

I've been stewing about this . . . not a fan at all.

I think if you look just at the deal, the Bulls got a decent return. Paxson landed three prospects who may turn into something. Teams that trade a superstar always seem to get hosed, and I wonder if other GMs are concerned about the wear and tear Jimmy has encountered in his short career. I don't think it's a coincidence that the team that put up the winning offer is the same team that disregards there being a correlation between minutes and career length.

In broader context, though, the trade stinks to high heaven. The Bulls have a ton of cap space on the horizon and Jimmy is the type of superstar who likes to recruit. That's the silver bullet. The strongest path to wining was to fire Paxson, fire Hoiberg, announce that the Bulls are turning over a new leaf and start chasing a star. The franchise would be a great destination for free agents if it'd done that.

I can't get over the fact that Paxson sold the second round pick. You're going into rebuilding process and the first thing you do cash in, giving away a chance at young talent. It's just gross. Nevermore the fact that selling a pick doesn't seem to ever make sense financially. Draft and stash and then you have a potential player you can bring over down the road on a reasonable contract. The Spurs would never sell a pick; neither would Golden State. The Bulls used to skewer teams that would sell picks. Now it's the team cutting corners.

9. truebluefan

SST I kind of thought they would do this. Money is always an issue with the owners. Always. They were not willing to pay Jimmy 200 to 250 mill for five years. They wouldn't. Based on the way they pay players around him, they would never get team that will compete with the Cavs or GS. So we will save Jerry money. By the way, the 3.5 mill they saved by selling Bell, a player that will be a good rim protector in the league, they played a WS player 3.7 mill today. Coincidence? HMMM.

I want the FO gone as well, but see what stance they took. Coach, FO, over Jimmy.

What is done is done. Now do we trust the FO to tank the right way?