Exclusive Jody Allen NEEDS to sell this team ASAP!

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Fairly-Hard, Feb 11, 2023.

1. Fairly-Hard

Fairly-Hard Former Member Gone New!

I don't start many threads but this absolutely needs to be on the front page!
    I'm scrolling through Twitter and the blazers have taken a huge hit on the national level. It's really bad. People are actually saying this is the worst run team in the entire NBA. How can that possibly be only a couple years removed from having one of the very best owners in all of sports having some of the very best years in all of sports?

https://ripcityproject.com/2014/01/24/paul-allen-best-year-owner-sports/

This is a common theme

And this:

How about this?

Bottom line this can't happen:

At what point do we say enough is enough? When you have "The Athletic" posting stories breaking down the entire organization people start to take notice. The overall feeling just is not there anymore. I have not had these kinds of feelings about this organization since "The Letter" written by Jim Mackey and Ron Tonkin back in 2002.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...ing-mad/91259630-bd38-4d0b-a880-b012d9b13936/
    Time to clean house and it starts with Jody Allen.

2. Fairly-Hard

This is not the kind of thing you want your team to be involved with.

stampedehero and SharpesTriumph like this.
  3. SharpesTriumph

SharpesTriumph Well-Known Member

Have we dropped below the Kings and Wolves as the worst run organization in the west?

It's super depressing as a Blazers fan to have this ownership and management. Even if Sharpe becomes MVP, Ant an all-star, and we draft 2 more stars this summer I seriously question if this organization could turn that into a contender.

Not sure what we can do to help? Boycott games until Jody sells? Or if that fan support drops do they explore moving the team.

I was more positive about this franchise when we had Juan Dixon starting and Ha Sung Jin on the roster. Mind boggling that we feel this way with a prime dedicated star in Lillard on the roster.

stampedehero and Phatguysrule like this.
  4. Blazinaway

Blazinaway Well-Known Member

Maybe, just maybe, this will be enough to push her to sell, one can hope

5. Fairly-Hard

Absolutely! There is no question in my mind. If you listened at all to some of the talks going on right now? This is a very bad look for the Blazers. Players don't want to be here at all.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  6. Fairly-Hard

They need to sell. That is the first step.
    Not sure the best course of action but Silver needs to get involved. Glad we at least have a Senator that is talking about it.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  7. Fairly-Hard

I forgot to add this one.

Yes i understand there is a paywall.

8. Fairly-Hard

Mods
    There is another thread about the organizational culture falling apart that this thread could be merged with if that suits you.
    I think that is also in line with what I'm trying to say.
    If you feel this should stay as is that works.

9. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

And yet GPII signed in PDX just a few months back.

Do you really think he wasn't communicating with his GS buddies about how he was doing physically? Or that their management hadn't noticed he's had 3 dunks total in 15 games and hasn't looked anything close to the same? Or his comments to the press that he wasn't right and was just going to have to "thug it out" the rest of the season? Unless this core injury isn't expected to get better in the offseason I expect they won't rescind the trade because even compromised he'll help them more then Wiseman this year and they've still got championship aspirations.

STOMP

SlyPokerDog, HailBlazers and maxiep like this.
  10. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

my sense is that among Blazer fans the vast majority have wanted the team sold since Paul Allen died. PA, for the most part, kept the worst instincts of the Vulcans at bay. Jody doesn't and is probably 90% Vulcan herself. Seattle sucks....in all things

personally, I wasn't impressed with PA's vision either, the last few years he had the team

11. wizenheimer

ok...I think you're going way overboard on that angle and taking the one-sided story coming from Payton and out of the Bay as gospel. I'm going to need to see a lot more details about this before I accept it as fact

RR7, Phatguysrule, BassPlaya and 2 others like this.
  12. theprunetang

theprunetang Shaedon "Deadly Nightshade" Sharpe is HIM

GPII is a bitchbaby. Not concerned at all. Good riddance.

13. Fairly-Hard

Heck he even played against them the night before. Absolutely I think some of the stench is on Payton no question.

I still feel this organization has taken a hit and that along with a number of other issues has them trending in the wrong direction. Worst in the NBA? I don't know but it sure wasn't long ago they were nowhere in that conversation.

Natebishop3 likes this.
  14. Fairly-Hard

It's not just the Payton issue. That might be the straw that breaks them but there are plenty of straws.

15. Fairly-Hard

Trying to tie this to just the Payton issue is not what this thread is about.
    It's about overall management and the way things are being handled. Gary Payton can kick rocks for all I'm concerned. His career will be very short lived. Glad he is gone at this point.

16. wizenheimer

like I already said in this thread....I've wanted the Blazers sold since even before PA died

Phatguysrule and Fairly-Hard like this.
  17. Fairly-Hard

We agree. Now who and how? Jody says she has no plans on selling. My thoughts are she is running the franchise into the ground. What can be done?

18. Cugel

Cugel The epitome of mediocrity

Canvas Repairman
    dame sounds delighted dont he? what say all the "just wait for joe" members?

I am 100 % ok with Dame asking out. Not because he is not great but because all this org. has done is take a steaming pile of shit on him year after year.
    #dame_ask_out

19. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    If there's a problem in this organization, in my mind it isn't Ms. Allen as much as it is Bert Kolde. Being Paul Allen's BFF has gotten him far in life, but overall his involvement has hurt the Blazers. We need a strong President/CEO/COO of this organization to overhaul it from stem to stern. The essence of strategy is making limiting decisions. Since last year's fire sale, it does not feel like we have a strategy.

My thoughts on Chauncey are that he's still finding his feet as a head coach (much different than an assistant) and that he doesn't have the personnel he wants, nor can this team play the way he wants to play. The identity of this team is offensive-minded, and he's always been a grinding, defensive guy. Having Dame as the leader of the team means he'll never get that identity.

As for Joe Cronin, I think he's pretty decent at recognizing talent, he just doesn't have dealmaking ability. Granted, he's been put into a tough spot, as the bottom line comes first, but I still scratch my head at some of the trades/acquisitions he has made.

Things are clearly not good right now, but there's no reason to hit the panic button. Be careful what you wish for when it comes to ownership. There are more bad owners out there than truly good ones.

Fairly-Hard and Phatguysrule like this.
  20. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    What’s got to be disappointing for Lillard is that he sat back and watched as other teams in the west were aggressive about acquiring as much talent as they could and putting a contender together. While we didn’t improve the roster at all. Tinkered enough to say we did something.

I’m sure this is getting real old to him. They talk the talk. In the back of his mind he knows this offseason will be no different.

BigGameDamian likes this.