John Nash said no to this

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Rod, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

This was the Nets final deal:

"Goodwin said the Blazers turned down a proposed trade from New Jersey that would have sent shooting guard Kerry Kittles, shooting guard Lucious Harris, power forward Aaron Williams and a first-round pick(Clippers) to Portland for Abdur-Rahim. "

What do you Think?

- I think Nash made a huge mistake on this one cuz this could have solved all his problems,+ the draft pick is awesom cuz Q may be leaving the Clips so the pick could have been a top 10 pick...

BTW: what do you think about Mash for SAR?

2. bbwTwinTowers

bbwTwinTowers BBW Member

That would of been a great trade for the Blazers. I wonder why he said no, it is the CLIPPERS 1st round pick.

3. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I say it was a good move saying no. The blazers are stacked at the 2 guard and small forward position why would they need two more. Aron Williams is a solid big man, but nothing compared to rahem. Also rahems contract ends next year while all the players involved in that deal that would have been going to the blazers have multy year contracts. Whem shareefs contract ends it will be huge for w/e team that has him at the time because it is a max deal.

I would say that nash saw that and thats why he said no not really sure though about the 1st round pick is it lottery protected or are those only the ones they got from the clippers? If they are lottery protected I see why he said no. Another big thing that may have been a reason he said no is because the sixers are now also showing intrest in raheem and they are willing to offer up robinson a guy who's contract is also up next year and a few players to fill the deal to make the contracts match.

Another reason may be because he is waiting to see if he has any chance of resigning miles or if the wolves will match the offer to hassel. There for he will know what he needs for the team next year in terms of players for positions then mabye he may trade raheem because if miles gets a deal that they cant match they will be short a swing man.

4. Loyalty4Life

Loyalty4Life Active Member

If Hassell hadn't have signed, I would have done this deal for sure.

5. KBC

KBC JBB JustBBall Member

I agree with Pure Skillz, we have too many players at the 2 and 3 already. Williams was the only one that could've helped us, along with the first round draft picks.

6. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

Well,Shareef is just getting more & more angery and don't wanna train with the Blazers and John Nash seems to sleep in the office,no trades,rumors
    nothing...

7. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

The dumbest moves by John Nash was not pulling off the Nets deal, and signing Hassell to a six year contract. He's messed up this summer. If he made a few signings, and pulled off the Nets team, they would be in a better Finicial situation and have a better overall roster to contend.

PG: Damon Stoudemire/Sebestian Telfair/Dan Dickau
    SG: Derek Anderson/Kerry Kittles/Qyntel Woods
    SF: Darius Miles/Ruben Patterson/Travis Outlaw
    PF: Zach Randolph/Dale Davis
    C: Theo Ratliff/Vladimir Stepania

That roster with the two Euro players, playing in Euro or on the IR, is better than the current roster they have now, or what its shaping out to look like.

8. PippenIsMVP4evr

PippenIsMVP4evr JBB JustBBall Member

reef is 100 times better then kittles and they could get someone better then kerry kittles for shareef kittles is overrated anyways and he wouldnt of started anyways so wuts the point in that trade and qyntel woods is playing awesome and he needs to get some playing time!