Trade Josh Hart traded to the Knicks

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by B-Roy, Feb 8, 2023.

1. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

I'm just happy he's in a place where's he thriving. He's a good dude.

It doesn't all have to be doom and gloom.

2. Samuel

Samuel James “Hollywood” Robinson

Idk, maybe I don’t value 2nds as much as you do. Thybulle will probably fetch a second at some point—I think how someone feels about hart is related to whether or not you think he’d resign on an overpay. There’d been whiffs that he wanted to play on the east coast before he was moved.

it’s also related to how you feel about CJ. I’m of the opinion that he didn’t have a ton of market value and the value he fetched wasn’t bad.

ill admit that jury is out on a lot of this stuff. We’ve yet to see Kris Murray make a single 3 and we don’t know what Jerami Grant and Tisse will return.

3. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

I agree with you in pushing back that it was the best Portland could get back as well. It does seem like a reasonable value, but probably not the best.

I also don't put any weight on who we ended up drafting at 23 in the value of the trade. Not saying that you are.

4. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

This is where I fall on the situation.

If I were to blame Cronin, I would say that it got to the point where our backs were against he wall and the choice with Hart was to trade him for minimal value or lose him for nothing.

kjironman1 and Phatguysrule like this.
  5. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Joe Cronin has made a couple moves that were player friendly. Seems like even the lillard trade was about trying to get him to a place he could at least contend for a championship. Jrue being sent to the Celtics seemed like a great move for the Player. Can't say Nurk and Eubanks had any problems with moving to Phoenix. I think Hart going to NY was exactly what he wanted.

Wizard Mentor and Phatguysrule like this.
  6. Whyachi

Whyachi Well-Known Member

Eubanks was a F/A, i guess we can file Drew in the "not picked up" contracts like the assistant coaches

7. Whyachi

it's not so much Cronin's trades were player friendly, it's almost as if his trades made other teams better. This strategy worked to perfection. Almost every single team in the NBA improved, while Portland has distinct advantages in the ping pong tournament.

8. SharpesTriumph

SharpesTriumph Well-Known Member

This justification doesn't make sense to me, as Cronin's "back against the wall" was his own doing by acquiring the very same player months prior.

That makes the CJ trade all the dumber if the main piece we acquired never was likely to be a part of long term plans.

That's why all these GM moves over Cronin's tenure wreak of a franchise with no long term direction nor consistent goals. Literally looks like a team throwing darts at a board to decide what to do.

9. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

You don't get a chance to talk to a player like that before you make that trade. Otherwise every player would just say "No, I don't want a trade".

You have to make those deals in the hopes that your team and your city can sell the player on staying.

10. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

You might want to reread my post. You say you don't understand my justification and agree with my justification in the same sentence.

11. Whyachi

if this year's batch of rookies can flourish with last year's all-rookie squad, we could be talking multiple Remix championships.

Oh, the real Blazers? Heck with it, let's lose for better ping pong percentages.

12. SharpesTriumph

SharpesTriumph Well-Known Member

Hart with a crazy putback of his own 3. So is that just him and Wemby that've done it?

Whyachi likes this.
  13. Whyachi