JR is 50/50 gametime decision

Discussion in 'Oregon Ducks' started by Targus, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Targus

Targus Suspended

Keeping you safe. If I tell you more, you would b
    Crappy deal for a true warrior.

Rodgers came out for the walk-through at Reser - and the weather was pretty nice, by the way - with his left leg and ankle heavily wrapped. He did some running around, nothing very strenuous, and made a few exploratory cuts.

Rodgers injured his ankle trying to execute a trick play against the Huskies last week. It was supposed to be a throw-back pass to QB Sean Mannion, but Mannion was well-covered, J Rod had to eat the ball, and he rolled his ankle.

Rodgers told Riley at halftime of the UW game he would definitely play against the Ducks at Autzen, but reality suggests it might be a difficult proposition.

"That's the only thing it truly is, a game-time decision,'' said Riley. "He jogged a little bit yesterday and didn't feel great. He said it felt a little better today.'

Meanwhile, Riley said MLB Rueben Robinson (concussion symptoms) is definitely out for Saturday.

I told Riley about Oregon coach Chip Kelly's quote this week, where Kelly said Riley, "might be the classiest coach in college football.''

How's that for trash talk? No wonder Canzano is complaining that there's no bulletin-board material to work with this year.

No Seigler quotes. No Cliff Harris quotes.

We get, "Mike Riley might be the classiest coach in college football.''

Riley grinned, picking up on my theme.

"How am I supposed to respond to that?'' he said in mock anger.

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2011/11/oregon_state_civil_war_walk-th.html