JustBBall 2006 Mock Draft v1.0

Discussion in 'JBB Mock Draft 2005 - 2007' started by Shapecity, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

Somebody will pick the Western Virginia hero. Pittsnoggle 4 life. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

From the little bit I know from college basketball and international players, this looks like a solid mock draft. For some reason, I got this feeling Splitter and Aleksandrov will pull out...again. [​IMG]

3. lessthanjake

lessthanjake JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Somebody will pick the Western Virginia hero. Pittsnoggle 4 life. </div>

no doubt. he'll improve his stock this year. besides, how many 7 footers can shoot like he can?

anyway... where's the love for taiquan dean? 50!? i'd say more around late 1st round early 2nd round

4. HASAN33

HASAN33 JBB JustBBall Member

Before it is all said and done some of those lower picks in the first round and high second rounders will move up. Remember people basketball season doesnt start for another four months, anything can change. I do believe that the Paul davis selction is just about right. Im not a fan of his because he reminds me of Eric Montross. He doesnt step up when needed. As a big man he should demand the ball in the post esp when the person guarding him is much smaller. I think he is going to be a role player in the league. I hear people compare Davis to Brad Miller but Miller had a much better all around game at Purdue and he has shown that in the league. I believe that Josh Boone will go higher because he will probably be a more offensive threat this year. Once his true measurements come out, he will measure out to be much longer than his 6-10 height (wingspan speaking). Boone is similar to Okafor but without the offensive moves. His defense is outstanding. I also believe that Steve Smith and Eric Williams will move into the 1st round when it is all said and done. Smith was under the radar of NBA scouts all year. However with his showing in Chicago, the scouts will be out in force to catch him. Eric Williams if he can get into better shape and get a better jumper, will be this years Ike Diogu. Trust me on this one. Williams knows now what he has to do to be a better ball player. He learned a lot from the NBA workouts.If Jason maxiel can go in the 1st round then Williams can go first round.

5. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

I've never heard of the guy whoz supposed to be #1 from Italy can someone tell me about him.

6. j0se

j0se JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting playmaker31:</div><div class="quote_post">I've never heard of the guy whoz supposed to be #1 from Italy can someone tell me about him.</div>

The only guys playing in Europe I trust in this draft are Splitter, Sergio Rodriguez and Rudy Fernandez...the rest are all question marks, big ones

7. Terminator-X

Terminator-X JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting j0se:</div><div class="quote_post">The only guys playing in Europe I trust in this draft are Splitter, Sergio Rodriguez and Rudy Fernandez...the rest are all question marks, big ones</div>

andrea bargnani is a monster,he is not the quickest center in the world but has a big bruising body and a very deft shooting touch, i dont see him as being a superstar in the nba but definitly a contributor for a few years

8. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

9. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I?m a very big Allan Ray fan so this may be bias, but don?t you think he is ranked a bit low. I mean he averaged sixteen points in Villanova last season during their regular season. That is impressive considering the depth they hold in their backcourt. With Kyle Lowry who really stepped up big in the tournament putting up fifteen against UNC, and Mike Nardi as well neither as talented as Ray, but both averaged around nine points a game. Toss in Randy Foye, and that?s a lot of guards who can put the ball in the basket. I really feel like Ray is a late first rounder early second rounder. Hopefully, he can improve his stock this season.

10. Shapecity

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Best Kept Secret:</div><div class="quote_post">I?m a very big Allan Ray fan so this may be bias, but don?t you think he is ranked a bit low. I mean he averaged sixteen points in Villanova last season during their regular season. That is impressive considering the depth they hold in their backcourt. With Kyle Lowry who really stepped up big in the tournament putting up fifteen against UNC, and Mike Nardi as well neither as talented as Ray, but both averaged around nine points a game. Toss in Randy Foye, and that?s a lot of guards who can put the ball in the basket. I really feel like Ray is a late first rounder early second rounder. Hopefully, he can improve his stock this season.</div>
    Last year's draft was not kind to 'tweeners' and the best example was Salim Stoudamire. He dropped into the second round of the draft, and Salim is a much better college player and pro-prospect than Allan Ray. This was the main argument for having him low. If he can prove he's capable of handling the basketball and running a team, then his stock should improve.

Further proof of Allan Ray being ranked low are the numbers he's putting up in the U21 tournament.

FG% - 27.8
    PPG - 4.0
    RPG - 1.3
    APG - 1.5

He's been getting equal minutes to the rest of his teammates, so playing time is not an excuse for his poor numbers. Below is a link to the stats for the first four games the team has played.

U21 Tournament Stats

11. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">Last year's draft was not kind to 'tweeners' and the best example was Salim Stoudamire. He dropped into the second round of the draft, and Salim is a much better college player and pro-prospect than Allan Ray. This was the main argument for having him low. If he can prove he's capable of handling the basketball and running a team, then his stock should improve.

Further proof of Allan Ray being ranked low are the numbers he's putting up in the U21 tournament.

FG% - 27.8
    PPG - 4.0
    RPG - 1.3
    APG - 1.5

He's been getting equal minutes to the rest of his teammates, so playing time is not an excuse for his poor numbers. Below is a link to the stats for the first four games the team has played.

U21 Tournament Stats</div>

The fact that Salim Stoudamire was a "tweener" wasn't the sole reason he was a second round pick, if you remember correctly his attitude played a huge role in that. As for Allen Ray, I do not think NBA coaches and general managers put too much stock in the U21 tournament games. Plus it's so far away from the NBA draft the memory of Ray's poor performance will be such a blur to NBA GM's. The NCAA season and tournament means so much more to your draft stock then U21 tournament games. This year Ray will prove that he can put the ball on the floor, thus he will improve his draft stock.

12. MiamiBalla12

MiamiBalla12 JBB Light-Skinned Assassin

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">Anyone think Canada's own, Heny Bekkering should be included in our next mock update?

Check out these highlights</div>

Thats guys got amazing hops. especially for a white boy.

13. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting miamiballa12:</div><div class="quote_post">Thats guys got amazing hops. especially for a white boy.</div>

Highest hops for a hite dude since Brent Barry or the Birdman lol, how are his ther skills? VC would destroy him in a contest tho [​IMG]

14. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting playmaker31:</div><div class="quote_post">Highest hops for a hite dude since Brent Barry or the Birdman lol, how are his ther skills? VC would destroy him in a contest tho [​IMG]</div>

You don't know how rediculous that sounds, and I'm offended. How would you react to me saying Ray Allen is a good shooter for a black dude or that Emeka Okafor is an intelligent man for a black dude?

If you'd get out from behind the computer screen, you might realize that many white players are better dunkers than many black players. There are just more black people in the NBA and playing basketball in general, so you see more black dunkers. However, if I walked into any random gym tonight, I guarantee you I'd find a few white guys that can dunk with the best of them.

Besides, that kid has very little NBA potential. There is a big difference between having the stuff to make the And 1 mixtape tour and having the stuff to make the NBA. That's all I'm going to say.

15. Shapecity

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting C.K.:</div><div class="quote_post">The fact that Salim Stoudamire was a "tweener" wasn't the sole reason he was a second round pick, if you remember correctly his attitude played a huge role in that. As for Allen Ray, I do not think NBA coaches and general managers put too much stock in the U21 tournament games. Plus it's so far away from the NBA draft the memory of Ray's poor performance will be such a blur to NBA GM's. The NCAA season and tournament means so much more to your draft stock then U21 tournament games. This year Ray will prove that he can put the ball on the floor, thus he will improve his draft stock.</div>
    Most scouts are willing to overlook attitude in favor of talent. I agree it did effect Stoudemire, but his height was a much bigger deterrent for him slipping into the second round.

Let's look at another example of a player with the 'right attitude,' Chuck Hayes. He's undersized and it cost him in the draft. He has talent, he is team player etc., but he doesn't measure up. Another name, Mike Wilkinson.

Of course U21 won't have a huge effect once draft day comes around, but for now that's the most current game players have participated in to get a gage on them, and we will make adjustments accordingly.

16. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">Most scouts are willing to overlook attitude in favor of talent. I agree it did effect Stoudemire, but his height was a much bigger deterrent for him slipping into the second round.

Let's look at another example of a player with the 'right attitude,' Chuck Hayes. He's undersized and it cost him in the draft. He has talent, he is team player etc., but he doesn't measure up. Another name, Mike Wilkinson.

Of course U21 won't have a huge effect once draft day comes around, but for now that's the most current game players have participated in to get a gage on them, and we will make adjustments accordingly.</div>

Chuck Hayes also got accused of having raped a women weeks prior to the draft, which really turned a lot of teams off. Mike Wilkinson isn't the type of player that NBA coaches and GM's thought would translate effectively to the NBA. Plus you bring up two forwards, who would be looking up at mis-matches all day in the NBA with some forwards that are seven feet tall, that would be giving up five-six inches everytime they went out on the floor.

On the other hand, with a guard in Allen Ray, there are players that play the two that are near his size or smaller. Take Ben Gordon, David Wesley, and Allen Iverson, all are under sized for the two guard spot and are playing it effectively.

17. MiamiBalla12

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Voodoo Child:</div><div class="quote_post">You don't know how rediculous that sounds, and I'm offended. How would you react to me saying Ray Allen is a good shooter for a black dude or that Emeka Okafor is an intelligent man for a black dude?

If you'd get out from behind the computer screen, you might realize that many white players are better dunkers than many black players. There are just more black people in the NBA and playing basketball in general, so you see more black dunkers. However, if I walked into any random gym tonight, I guarantee you I'd find a few white guys that can dunk with the best of them.

Besides, that kid has very little NBA potential. There is a big difference between having the stuff to make the And 1 mixtape tour and having the stuff to make the NBA. That's all I'm going to say.</div>

But isn't it proven that blacks have a higher concentration of fast twitch muscle fibers? Which makes them better at jumping and sprinting than whites? While being black or white doesn't make a difference in shooting or inteligence.

18. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting miamiballa12:</div><div class="quote_post">But isn't it proven that blacks have a higher concentration of fast twitch muscle fibers? Which makes them better at jumping and sprinting than whites? While being black or white doesn't make a difference in shooting or inteligence.</div>

Just as there are those would argue that blacks are genetically better jumpers, there are many who would argue that whites are genetically more intelligent.

19. Shapecity

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting C.K.:</div><div class="quote_post">Chuck Hayes also got accused of having raped a women weeks prior to the draft, which really turned a lot of teams off. Mike Wilkinson isn't the type of player that NBA coaches and GM's thought would translate effectively to the NBA. Plus you bring up two forwards, who would be looking up at mis-matches all day in the NBA with some forwards that are seven feet tall, that would be giving up five-six inches everytime they went out on the floor.

On the other hand, with a guard in Allen Ray, there are players that play the two that are near his size or smaller. Take Ben Gordon, David Wesley, and Allen Iverson, all are under sized for the two guard spot and are playing it effectively.</div>
    How would Mike Wilkinson not translate into an NBA player? What he lacks in athleticism, he more than makes up for with his basketball IQ and hustle. Being undersized, means being undersized for a given position, so it doesn't matter if I use forwards or guards.

You want guards who slipped because of the 'tweener' label, Monta Ellis, Louis Williams, & Salim Stoudemire. Two high schoolers with far more upside, and potential than Allen Ray.

Allen Ray is good, but he not even close to the talent level of an Allen Iverson or Ben Gordon. David Wesley maybe, but David Wesley went undrafted.

20. MiamiBalla12

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Voodoo Child:</div><div class="quote_post">Just as there are those would argue that blacks are genetically better jumpers, there are many who would argue that whites are genetically more intelligent.</div>

How can you be offended by something like that. In all my time on message boards ive heard many say brent barry, chris anderson, and other have hops for white guys, and never have i heard someone be a offended by this. Its simply joke and IMO i think its true lol.