JustBBall 2006 Mock Draft v1.0

Discussion in 'JBB Mock Draft 2005 - 2007' started by Shapecity, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting miamiballa12:</div><div class="quote_post">How can you be offended by something like that. In all my time on message boards ive heard many say brent barry, chris anderson, and other have hops for white guys, and never have i heard someone be a offended by this. Its simply joke and IMO i think its true lol.</div>

To be honest, I've let it slide for a long time, but I have a lot of friends who are just as disturbed by it as I am. It's like the "white stiff" label Bogut got. Imagine if I called Channing Frye a "black stiff". There are double standards, and even though it's a joke, it's still wrong.

It's really not that big of a deal, but I had to say something.

2. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

Hey what is Mike Gansey, isn't he gonna be a senior this year? If so I think he can be a mid-2nd round pick, I like the way he plays.

3. urbannomad23

urbannomad23 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">Anyone think Canada's own, Heny Bekkering should be included in our next mock update?

Check out these highlights</div>
    yes he should be! the boy from taber, Alberta! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    this guy is great and plays for washington i believe. dude is a multisport athlete and should be considered for late 2ndround.

4. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Voodoo Child:</div><div class="quote_post">Just as there are those would argue that blacks are genetically better jumpers, there are many who would argue that whites are genetically more intelligent.</div>

As it relates to athletics blacks with WEST African roots do dominate sprints,and do well in jumping. EAST Africans dominate distance running with Ethiopia and Kenya able to take on the rest of the planet at distaces over 5000m. No WEST african has had much sucess in distances-no East African won a sprint in a major meet. Different gene pools.

It would be reckless to suggest whites are genetically more intelligent. One can claim whites are culturally more academic than blacks,a bit less culturally academic than asians. One can check SAT's or Scholarships to Stanford on that,just as one can look at the Olympics and other sports on the Athletic end.

I asked my Kenyan friend awhile back if she was a marathon runner,she smiled and said ,no that's another tribe. One tribe? in One small country? And producing half the worlds top marathon runners on a low budget? That's some genes. [​IMG]

5. dance2trance

dance2trance JBB JustBBall Member

aaron bruce

AARON BRUCE - Baylor

Key Stats - 04-05
    GP MIN/G PTS/G REB/G AST/G FG %
    28 34.8 18.2 2.6 3.8 47.1

? 2005 Freshman All-America (Basketball Times 1st team) (Rivals 2nd team) (CollegeInsider.com)
    ? 2005 All-Big 12 (AP 3rd team) (K.C. Star 3rd team) (Lawrence Journal-World 3rd team)
    ? 2005 Big 12 Freshman of the Year (K.C. Star) (San Antonio Express-News)
    ? 2005 Big 12 Co-Diaper Dandy of the Year (ESPN.com, Dick Vitale)
    ? 2005 All-District 7 (USBWA)
    ? 2005 All-Big 12, honorable mention (coaches)
    ? 2005 Big 12 All-Freshman team (AP)
    ? Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll, fall 2004
    ? Nation's leading freshman scorer (2004-2005)
    ? Co-Big 12 Rookie of the Week (Dec. 27, 2005)

what do people think about him????

6. Drake Remoray

Drake Remoray JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting urbannomad23:</div><div class="quote_post">yes he should be! the boy from taber, Alberta! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    this guy is great and plays for washington i believe. dude is a multisport athlete and should be considered for late 2ndround.</div>

I live in Edmonton, Alberta and have seen Henry Bekkering play. As a high school play he isn't much better than the top local talent up here. I would say Jermaine Bucknor who plays for the Richmond Spiders is actually a better all around player (If I was to say who is among the top players currently in the NCAA out of Alberta).

And I wouldn't trust Hooplife.ca for info about Canadian Basketball at High school and other levels as I find, personally, that they are extremely biased.

Anyway in short, I don't think he should be added to the updated Mock Draft. Not with much better talent available.

7. baggio

baggio JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Terminator-X:</div><div class="quote_post">andrea bargnani is a monster,he is not the quickest center in the world but has a big bruising body and a very deft shooting touch, i dont see him as being a superstar in the nba but definitly a contributor for a few years</div>

Bargnani is not a monster.. he's a fantastic prospect.
    He's stronger than all the european players that NBA has choosen in last 3 years. His comparison with Nowitzki is correct.. but maybe is stronger than german 20years old in defense..
    In last year he didn't play musch for phisically problems, but in italian playoff played very well and dominated large part of semifinals series lost by his team against Milano

8. Italia81

Italia81 JBB JustBBall Member

Hello! I'm italian. Do you think that Rudy Gay goes in 2006 draft or not?
    What do you think about him. Will be an NBA star?

9. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Italia81:</div><div class="quote_post">Hello! I'm italian. Do you think that Rudy Gay goes in 2006 draft or not?
    What do you think about him. Will be an NBA star?</div>
    Read post #1.

10. Italia81

Italia81 JBB JustBBall Member

But are you sure that Gay will be in 2006 draft?

11. baggio

baggio JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Italia81:</div><div class="quote_post">But are you sure that Gay will be in 2006 draft?</div>

Yes.. all people are sure of that.
    For me he'll be n.1 pick.. The only one who can remove him from first position is "IL MAGO"

12. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Italia81:</div><div class="quote_post">But are you sure that Gay will be in 2006 draft?</div>
    There isn't much reason for Gay to stay with UConn past this season. He's going to be a top three pick, and most mock drafts have him going number one overall. After this year UConn will also lose Josh Boone and possibly AJ Price and Marcus Williams for their legal problems. With those players departing, Rudy Gay won't want to stick around to play alongside the younger players. He would have nothing to gain from it.

13. APowell1990

APowell1990 JBB JustBBall Member

Dean?

Tauquan Dean is at 50 while Palacios is in the middle of the first round. I think Dean will have a breakout year and at least be a first rounder. I think Palacios might stay at Louisville. I don't see a first round spot open for Juan really. I think Dee Brown will be higher up as well. More shots should help Dee. I also think Pittsnogle and Batista will have breakout years. Batista will now be the big man for Gonzaga. Pittsnogle was great in the NCAA last year, and I think he will have a solid year.

14. a13x

a13x JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">Anyone think Canada's own, Heny Bekkering should be included in our next mock update?

Check out these highlights</div>
    Is this guy a serious threat to get drafted? I saw that clip a while back and was quite impressed .. I've never actually seen him play a game though.. Last i heard his preformance in college was quite underwhelming (compared to that clip at least).

15. Drake Remoray

Drake Remoray JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting a13x:</div><div class="quote_post">Is this guy a serious threat to get drafted? I saw that clip a while back and was quite impressed .. I've never actually seen him play a game though.. Last i heard his preformance in college was quite underwhelming (compared to that clip at least).</div>

I SERIOUSLY doubt it. I've seen him play, (he came from a High School just south of me), I don't believe he is that good. He plays at Eastern Washington University right now I think. His sister though, has a better chance of making the WNBA than him making the NBA. She was on the news a few days ago because she recieved a full scholarship to Gonzaga.

16. UnLeAsHeD

UnLeAsHeD JBB JustBBall Member

found this usefull link...

http://nbadraft.net/2006positional.asp

Also a question...with the NBA not only being a sports league but also a multi billion doller industry in term of marketing and sutch...Do you think Rudy Gay jerseys will be a big seller?

17. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

This mock hasn't been updated lately. With the season near done,L Aldridge,A Morrison,Tyrus Thomas,J Noah are a solid top 4. Scouts who get to Italy can decide where Bargnani fits in,but with a guy who needs skills,muscle,experiance to be a PF or C,it's a leap to take him higher than those mentioned. Gay is also a guy where you'd be reading between the lines. Seriously,I saw U Conn fairly often and Marcus Williams or Denham Brown tended to be the core,with Boone and Gay always useful but never dominant.

Half the fans see Sheldon Williams as a Center who's too much like a PF,the other half see him as a PF who's too like a C. With Sheldon very high profile for years,compared to the seldom seen Euros,he's an All America CENTER who gets nitpicked who may get mocked even beyond #10,behind a few guys he's dominate with ease. Technically,he's very sound. Thats why he has big time results on the boards,on D,as an efficient inside scorer. The best thing for Sheldon is he absolutely won't be a bust. Worst case,hes a solid if not outstanding player.

Otherwise,a crazy draft. Rondo,Gibson,Diaz might have seemed like top half of rd 1 point G's but each had a real mixed season and now can go anywhere.
    Patrick O' Bryant and Hilton Armstrong need to add beef to become solid NBA centers,have flashes of potential but also have a lot to learn. Paul Davis has little flash at all,yet is a guy somewhere between Mihm and Doleac,has some beef,good basic fundamentals,just no star quality. Remember,however,that Steven Hunter,Mark Blount and ZaZa Patchouly are starters and so Davis can find a role. How about Glenn Davis? 6-8 310 but strangely mobile,he's a possible center,though tall is "in" WIDE can also be an asset if a guy has game.

There's a variety of SF/SG types who range from mid lottery to early rd 2,and it's no sure thing who really ranks. Brandon Roy has shown a well balanced package on a regular basis,and seems a lotto lock now,while Hassan Adams,Mike Gansey,Denham Brown have also displayed plenty,yet are seen often as borderline round 1.

18. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

One thing I find is that, coming off March Madness, a lot of mocks rate college players a bit too high.

19. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting REREM:</div><div class="quote_post">This mock hasn't been updated lately. With the season near done,L Aldridge,A Morrison,Tyrus Thomas,J Noah are a solid top 4. Scouts who get to Italy can decide where Bargnani fits in,but with a guy who needs skills,muscle,experiance to be a PF or C,it's a leap to take him higher than those mentioned. Gay is also a guy where you'd be reading between the lines. Seriously,I saw U Conn fairly often and Marcus Williams or Denham Brown tended to be the core,with Boone and Gay always useful but never dominant.

Half the fans see Sheldon Williams as a Center who's too much like a PF,the other half see him as a PF who's too like a C. With Sheldon very high profile for years,compared to the seldom seen Euros,he's an All America CENTER who gets nitpicked who may get mocked even beyond #10,behind a few guys he's dominate with ease. Technically,he's very sound. Thats why he has big time results on the boards,on D,as an efficient inside scorer. The best thing for Sheldon is he absolutely won't be a bust. Worst case,hes a solid if not outstanding player.

Otherwise,a crazy draft. Rondo,Gibson,Diaz might have seemed like top half of rd 1 point G's but each had a real mixed season and now can go anywhere.
    Patrick O' Bryant and Hilton Armstrong need to add beef to become solid NBA centers,have flashes of potential but also have a lot to learn. Paul Davis has little flash at all,yet is a guy somewhere between Mihm and Doleac,has some beef,good basic fundamentals,just no star quality. Remember,however,that Steven Hunter,Mark Blount and ZaZa Patchouly are starters and so Davis can find a role. How about Glenn Davis? 6-8 310 but strangely mobile,he's a possible center,though tall is "in" WIDE can also be an asset if a guy has game.

There's a variety of SF/SG types who range from mid lottery to early rd 2,and it's no sure thing who really ranks. Brandon Roy has shown a well balanced package on a regular basis,and seems a lotto lock now,while Hassan Adams,Mike Gansey,Denham Brown have also displayed plenty,yet are seen often as borderline round 1.</div>

We've been too busy to completely update lately, but we've been working on the next addition. The main holdup is that we'll be writting a little bit to support our picks in the next addition. It's also sort of the off-season for mocks, at least for a site that isn't completely devoted to the draft. Draft talk usually starts to heat up once the season is over, so that kind of led us to putting it on the backburner a bit while we've dealt with other issues on the site. Expect a new mock to come soon though. We're keeping up with it. [​IMG]

Agreed 99% on your assessment though; on Shelden, Rondo, Diaz, P. Davis, and Armstrong especially, and also on Gay and Gibson, two players who we had much lower in this mock than most others at the time who had Gay #1 and Gibson in the top five or just outside of it. I'm looking forward to really going more in depth with you when our mock comes out... your critiquing and input is really helpful. [​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">One thing I find is that, coming off March Madness, a lot of mocks rate college players a bit too high.</div>

I agree to an extent. There are examples of this, yet there are a lot of exceptions.

Still, you have to wonder how high a player like Taj Gray's stock would be if Oklahoma had a great outing, or if Noah would even be on the radar as a top ten pick right now if Florida had been upset in the first round.

20. Chamilitary

Chamilitary BBW Member

Ya, this draft will be good