JustBBall 2007 Mock Draft v1.0

Discussion in 'JBB Mock Draft 2005 - 2007' started by Shapecity, Jul 13, 2005.

1. MrBigShot_23

MrBigShot_23 BBW Member

basically Michigans whole starting lineup is in there woot!!

2. hellofox

hellofox JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting bender:</div><div class="quote_post">Yi Jianlian stopped growing about two years ago. He's 20 now. He won't be the next Yao or anything.</div>

i can teld you a news that yi jianlian's height is 214cm now,and 2 years ago,he was 211 cm

i'm a fans of guangdong tiger which is yi's team.so i know about it.[​IMG]

3. bbwchingy0007

bbwchingy0007 BBW Member

Just waiting for an Englishman to enter a draft...

4. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting chingy0007:</div><div class="quote_post">Just waiting for an Englishman to enter a draft...</div>
    Eric Boateng should make the league, he's from St. Andrews H.S. in London, England and will be a freshman at Duke this year.

Also Richard Midgely from Cal Berkley has a slight chance, he's also from England.

5. gocelts34

gocelts34 BBW Member

You guys don't think that McRboerts will make the jump after freshman year?

6. Shapecity

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting gocelts34:</div><div class="quote_post">You guys don't think that McRboerts will make the jump after freshman year?</div>

It's possible, but he might stick around depending on his role with the team and how Duke does this season. He might want the opportunity to have the team built around him as a sophmore.

7. ItsShowtyme24

ItsShowtyme24 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting gocelts34:</div><div class="quote_post">You guys don't think that McRboerts will make the jump after freshman year?</div>

I think he can but i dont think he should.I think he should stick around for a while like 2 years to mature a little more.

8. IamTheCat

IamTheCat JBB JustBBall Member

how bout this

In terms of the top 10 picks, I have to agree for the most part with one exception is at the #3 spot Yi Jianlian. I would replace him with Payter Whitt, a 6''10 PF from Jarvis Collegiate. His stats for his senior season was a stellar 34.5ppg 13reb 8.5ast 2.2spg 3bpg fg 48.6%, 3pt 45.5% and his ft 91.4%. In addition, he can also play the 1 and the 3 pretty effectively. He is often compared to Garnett but with a better shot. He is currently a freshman playing with Ryerson averaging 37/10/8. Some speculate that he will declare for the 2006 draft however that might change.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post"><div align="center">JBB 2007 Mock Draft</div>

<u>Round 1</u>

1) - Greg Oden - Ohio State
    2) - Josh McRoberts - Duke
    3) - Yi Jianlian - China
    4) - Thaddeus Young - High School
    5) - Kevin Durant - Texas
    6) - Julian Wright - Kansas
    7) - Shannon Brown - Michigan State
    8) - Tim Ohlbrecht - Germany
    9) - Spencer Hawes - High School
    10) - Daniel Gibson - Texas
    11) - Darius Washington, Jr. - Memphis
    12) - Malik Hairston - Oregon
    13) - C.J. Giles - Kansas
    14) - Roman Gumenyuk - Ukraine
    15) - Rajon Rondo - Kentucky
    16) - Daequan Cook - Ohio State
    17) - Paul Harris - High School
    18) - Al Horford - Florida
    19) - Derrick Caracter - High School
    20) - Leon Powe - California Berkeley
    21) - Mustafa Shakur - Arizona
    22) - Magnum Rolle - LSU
    23) - Marcus Williams - UCONN
    24) - Damjan Rudez - Croatia
    25) - Paul Millsap - Louisiana Tech
    26) - J.R. Giddens - New Mexico
    27) - Marco Belinelli - Italy
    28) - Shagari Alleyne - Kentucky
    29) - Courtney Sims - Michigan
    30) - Shawne Williams - Memphis

<u>Round 2</u>

31) - Lester Abram - Michigan
    32) - Mike Jones - Maryland
    33) - Aaron Brooks - Oregon
    34) - Greg Brunner - Iowa
    35) - JamesOn Curry - Oklahoma State
    36) - Walter Sharpe - Mississippi State
    37) - Alando Tucker - Wisconsin
    38) - Tahirou Sani - Mali
    39) - Jared Dudley - Boston College
    40) - Rich McBride - Illinois
    41) - Dimitri Sokolov - Russia
    42) - Marshall Brown - Missouri
    43) - Damir Markota - Bosnia-Herzegovina
    44) - P.J. Tucker - Texas
    45) - Terrence Roberts - Syracuse
    46) - Lior Eliahu - Israel
    47) - Oleksiy Pecherov - Ukraine
    48) - Derek Raivio - Gonzaga
    49) - Will Blalock - Iowa State
    50) - Adam Haluska - Iowa
    51) - Sammy Mejia - DePaul
    52) - Marcus Slaughter - San Diego State
    53) - Jermareo Davidson - Alabama
    54) - Brandon Heath - San Diego State
    55) - Dion Harris - Michigan
    56) - Ikene Ibekwe - Maryland
    57) - Anthony Harris - Miami
    58) - Brent Petway - Michigan
    59) - Alexander Johnson - Florida State
    60) - Michael Thompson - North Western</div>

9. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting IamTheCat:</div><div class="quote_post">In terms of the top 10 picks, I have to agree for the most part with one exception is at the #3 spot Yi Jianlian. I would replace him with Payter Whitt, a 6''10 PF from Jarvis Collegiate. His stats for his senior season was a stellar 34.5ppg 13reb 8.5ast 2.2spg 3bpg fg 48.6%, 3pt 45.5% and his ft 91.4%. In addition, he can also play the 1 and the 3 pretty effectively. He is often compared to Garnett but with a better shot. He is currently a freshman playing with Ryerson averaging 37/10/8. Some speculate that he will declare for the 2006 draft however that might change.</div>
    Jarvis Collegiate? There's no such player. Canadian schools don't keep FG% stats down to the decimal points, and Ryerson doesn't have a Payter Whitt on the roster.

Don't use a Canadian school if you're making up a player, you should go with someone from a small town in Idaho. There are hundreds of Torontonians on JBB.

10. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

...Trip, wasn't it also true that JianLian isn't elibible until he's 22, meaning like the 2008 or 2009 draft?

11. IamTheCat

IamTheCat JBB JustBBall Member

Evan Pellerin

Evan Pellerin is the next big thing out of Jarvis
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Locke:</div><div class="quote_post">Jarvis Collegiate? There's no such player. Canadian schools don't keep FG% stats down to the decimal points, and Ryerson doesn't have a Payter Whitt on the roster.

Don't use a Canadian school if you're making up a player, you should go with someone from a small town in Idaho. There are hundreds of Torontonians on JBB.</div>

12. Trip

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting AznxBaller:</div><div class="quote_post">...Trip, wasn't it also true that JianLian isn't elibible until he's 22, meaning like the 2008 or 2009 draft?</div>
    Yes. Check out this post. It's going to cause mayhem for a lot of mock sites, because Yi is projected so high and it will be hard to reconfigure every other player's draft position then.

nbadraft.net already has him off their 2007 mock.

13. Shapecity

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting chingy0007:</div><div class="quote_post">Just waiting for an Englishman to enter a draft...</div>

Found this tidbit from an article I was reading...

Great Britain is not what you would consider a world power in the game of basketball. In fact, the nation has fielded just one Olympic men's basketball team. That was in 1948 and it didn't win a game.

But the Brits will be back in 2012. London will play host to the Games and its basketball team, which gets an automatic spot, could be led by a pair of Chicago Bulls.

Luol Deng, who considers London his hometown, is now the unofficial ambassador to English basketball. His first recruit will be his teammate Ben Gordon. Gordon was born in Jamaica and he lived for a year in London with his mother Yvonne. He didn't become a U.S. citizen until he was in high school.

"Me and Lu were talking about it the other day," Gordon said of the 2012 Olympics. "He's trying to recruit me right now. We were saying, 'If I don't make that American team...'"

Said Deng: "I'm going to try to get him. Hopefully, he'll play with me, but we'll see."

Deng, who was born in the Sudan and lived in Egypt before relocating in London, has hosted Nike basketball clinics in camps in London, Manchester and Birmingham to help jump-start a talent drive.

"I was real excited when London was awarded the Olympics," he said. "I look forward to it. Just from a basketball point of view, there are a lot of players now from England. I think that's going to be a good look for our country."

14. APowell1990

APowell1990 JBB JustBBall Member

Where is Palacios and Padgett?

15. APowell1990

Forgot Something

also where is the rest of the Kentucky backcourt. I think Crawford might go pro as well. Morris will probably leave this year, but you never know. Still it is tough to to a draft this far in advance.

16. Shapecity

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting APowell1990:</div><div class="quote_post">Where is Palacios and Padgett?</div>

Palacious is in our 2006 Mock draft. Click Here

Padgett is on the bubble, when he can stay healthy and start living up to his potential he'll make our mock.

As for Morris, the NCAA ruled he cannot play this season. We were waiting on the final word, before we decided to factor him in anywhere.

17. APowell1990

Thanks

I was looking for the 2006 one. If Padgett stays healthy he will be in the NBA. He is only a sophmore now. I don't know why I couldn't find the 2006 one?

18. Shapecity

[​IMG]

Here's a recent picture of Yi in the East Asian Games in Macau. He definitely looks like he's in his early 20's.

19. Trip

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20051105/i/r656570760.jpg?">

Here
    I can't really tell his age from his face, but the way his muscle is toned looks way too old to be just 17.

20. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

He still looks a tad skinny though. His face actually makes him look sort of old. Probably just me.