'Karate Kid' TV Sequel, Starring Ralph Macchio and William Zabka, a Go at YouTube Red

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by truebluefan, Aug 4, 2017.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Three decades after The Karate Kid, original stars Ralph Macchio and William Zabka are heading back to the dojo. The duo are set to reprise their roles as underdog Daniel LaRusso (Macchio) and bully Johnny Lawrence (Zabka) in a 10-episode straight-to-series follow-up called Cobra Kai for subscription service YouTube Red.

The series, set to bow in 2018, is set 30 years after the events of the 1984 All Valley Karate Tournament and revolves around a down and out Johnny who, seeking redemption, reopens the infamous Cobra Kai dojo. It reignites his rivalry with a now-successful Daniel, who has been struggling to maintain balance in his life without the guidance of his mentor, Mr. Miyagi (the late Pat Morita). The half-hour comedy follows the duo addressing demons from their past and present frustrations — through (what else?) karate.

Read more http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...hio-william-zabka-a-go-at-youtube-red-1014453

2. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

I'm on the cusp of being a millennial, I guess just between echo and millennial, and I can't figure out if this kind of stuff is driven by nostalgia and an actual want from people my age or if it is an entertainment industry so bereft of ideas that just about anything can be remade after twenty+ years. Are people really watching Full House? Is it supposed to be that we like these things ironically? Ralph Macchio is 55-years old.

3. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I feel the way you do.