Karl Fired!!!

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by Voodoo Child, Jul 21, 2003.

1. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

I am surprised that noone had posted this yet.

LINK

2. Quyen

Quyen JBB JustBBall Member

who do you think is going to replace Karl?

3. BucksFan-InPain

BucksFan-InPain JBB JustBBall Member

I actually hope either former assistant Terry Stotts gets the job, or Sidney Moncrief. But, with the Bucks being the Bucks, I think they'll sign the guy that will command the least $$, that being Terry Porter. I like TP, but he's only got one year of experience...

4. Quyen

Quyen JBB JustBBall Member

Scary...they should give the job to someone who has more experiences though. I mean they only gave George Karl $1.7 (since the upcoming season was going to be his last) when they fired him, right? So the rest of the usage of the cap money that they were going to use with George Karl could go to the new head coach. Blegh. I hope they don't do badly as everyone supsected.

5. BucksFan-InPain

Hmmm. 1.7 mil? I actually think it's more in the range of 7 million for the buyout of his final year. Plus he had a % ownership of the Bucks that they had to buy off of him as well - he got that when he signed his last contract extension, I believe. Remember he was the highest paid professional coach, ever.

6. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

It seems Terry Porter is in line..current Kings assistant coach...still no job for rick carlisle [​IMG]

7. BucksFan-InPain

carlisle

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting allnet:</div><div class="quote_post">It seems Terry Porter is in line..current Kings assistant coach...still no job for rick carlisle [​IMG]</div>
    ...Yeah, what is up with that?? Why didn't they at least bring him in for an interview? Too much $$?? Still, talk about one of the league's best coaches totally getting shafted (what he did with that team last year was great), and then having no work right now. I'd take him as a coach in a heartbeat.