Politics Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing, now with New allegations!

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by MarAzul, Sep 4, 2018.

?

Will Kavanaugh be confirmed?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Burn it all down

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Propagandist

Propagandist Well-Known Member

You're talking about your black dad, right? Can a post be called an insensitive asshole?

2. Gronk Brady

Gronk Brady Well-Known Member

It’s ironic for you venting about having to deal with assumed guilt with no evidence but you are adamant that Kavanaugh is guilty without any evidence or corroboration

MARIS61 likes this.
  3. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Good for him

MARIS61 likes this.
  4. Gronk Brady

How is it insensitive... show me the laws in place holding specific groups of people back because of their race... I’m waiting... I don’t understand what he wants... to eliminate freedom of thought and speech?? You will never be able to control what every single person in the world thinks... everyone has their own life experiences and the freedom to believe what they want

MARIS61 likes this.
  5. Propagandist

You are a walking stereotype. And the stereotype you embody just happens to be an unkind one. Be your way, bravo, but I know you aren't wearing blinders.

dviss1 likes this.
  6. Gronk Brady

People like you are the reason minority groups struggle to come up... you keep them thinking they are a victim and waiting for someone else to come save the day instead of believing they can do anything and busting their ass with hard work to get there...

MARIS61 likes this.
  7. Propagandist

This is literally what racists say. Be honest with yourself, why don't ya, and make your way over to 4chan.

dviss1 and calvin natt like this.
  8. Gronk Brady

SlyPokerDog is a pathetic excuse of a human being...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2018
  9. Propagandist

It's like talking to a child. So, blacks were slaves for HUNDREDS of years. And now for the last hundred have been fighting for equal rights. My mother grew up in the south, she's in her 60s, and remembers Jim Crow Laws. Blacks were kept from jobs and neighborhoods and killed and discriminated against. Jim Crow Laws ended in like 1965. There have been thousands and thousands of instances of racist behavior towards blacks since then: churches bombed, lynchings, murders, groups like the KKK, skinheads, etc, etc, etc. And you're telling me that all it takes is some elbow grease? It's bullshit. This country is built on racism, is racist. Look at our goddamn Commander in Chief!

The programs you mention do bring ire, and there are probably some that take advantage of the system, but what they are up against is an avalanche of discrimination. So, sure if you think that okay. Helping people hurts them. I get it.

But what's RACIST, and I've already alluded to it, is to blame the people. Like you fucking know better. "All the blacks have to do is not take handouts and work hard." Is that an accurate paraphrase of your position? That supremist fucking take? How is that not racist? It's white man bullshit. You goddamn know exactly what you actually think and it's disingenuous to act otherwise.

dviss1 likes this.
  10. Gronk Brady

I think you are the real racist because you want them to think someone is holding them back, to think they should get fee handouts... I on the other hand realize its 2018 and the opportunity is there if you want it... there will always be individuals that are racist like you, but please show me laws on the books holding people back... like I said, my father came here as in immigrant with no money and not speaking the language and made it with hard work and a no excuse attitude... so tell me how it’s harder than that on African Americans in the year 2018

MARIS61 likes this.
  11. Propagandist

Good job for your dad. Was it in a slave ship? Stfu about your dad. That's not what we're talking about. Besides, he is one man. There are plenty of extremely successful minorities in America; it doesn't mean anything to talk about a single individual.

You didn't address much of what I said above. You asked for it, I gave it and you just say the same shit.

Answer me the question I posed above, please. I will rephrase: is it your position that black Americans have the exact same opportunities as white Americans and see no disadvantage due to skin color? And that if they would only forgo "handouts" and work harder many would see the success of say your father?

dviss1 likes this.
  12. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

You see, this is the part I have a problem with understanding. What is it that you, @dviss1 , want? And what relationship are you holding back on right now that will get better if I do whatever it is that you want me to do to "acknowledge" it? Like, if I say "you're right, dviss, it must suck to be a black man in America, holy cow am I glad I'm white"; all of the rioting and looting after trials will stop? If I say "Yes, I'm privileged", people in South Chicago become middle-class normal working Joes with a stable family and educated children? Flint gets their clean water back? Baltimore becomes drug-free and West Baltimore can go back to being integrated again? People at Harvard won't have "Black-only" graduations? People like Candace Owens and Allen West and Michelle Malkin will stop being called Uncle Toms and worse? Ben Carson and Tim Scott, (who now is a leader at the church I went to in 2001 and a Senator from SC) refute a lot of what you say. What part of race relations are you withholding that will get better if I and other white people do whatever it is that you want us to do, and what is it about people who haven't succumbed to it that draw hate and ire rather than hope?

MARIS61 and Gronk Brady like this.
  13. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Just got home from Vegas and I'm too tired to deal with all the personal insults.

I will clean them up tomorrow.

Until I do, the thread is closed.

dviss1 likes this.
  14. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

This wasn't directed at me, but to keep it on track I'll give you my answer. No, black Americans don't have the exact same opportunities. Because black Americans are often congregated (segregated?) into enclaves that are run poorly (almost exclusively by Democrats), and therefore they are economically oppressed. The same way that WV coal mining layoffs are economically oppressed. The same way that immigrant berry picker is economically oppressed. Put a different way, if I as a 41y/o white man moved to West Baltimore, and Freddie Gray's younger brother moved to my house and took my job in Tampa, do you think that he would lose all of my opportunities and that I would be forced to sell drugs on the corner? Or is it that the economic oppression leads to other societal failings that keep someone down, regardless of their skin color?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.