Kawhi wants out of SA

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Binx, Jun 15, 2018.

1. riverman

riverman Writing Team

This is your choice....but I personally believe the Spurs in this situation...

oldmangrouch likes this.
  2. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Link? I've heard people speculate that, but I've never seen it reported that he's actually said that.

It seems to me that all the negative opinions about Kawhi are based solely on people's speculations about his motivations, when all his actual actions are completely understandable and defensible.

3. riverman

riverman Writing Team

google search....Stephen A Smith started this story I believe...it's all over the nba rumor feed...and for what it's worth...I'm not going to debate it...just thought it was interesting to point out...this story is all over sports news..don't know why you wouldn't have read about it.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...d-might-sit-out-next-season-if-hes-not-traded
    here's one of them.....

4. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I heard people speculate it too....sort of what NBA rumor mills are...I'm not a prosecuting attorney here. Just noting these things in passing. There must be a dozen editorials about this....I get a sense that posting here I need a disclaimer for you or should use "alleged" to preface stories in conversation I skim over coffee.....topics of controversy in the nba are sort of what the offseason is about. If you don't see some "diva" in the Kawhi saga...that's all good...I do see it

5. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Yeah but River, to be fair, that's the point. That's all we have is word of mouth, so when you say "he has said", vs "some speculate that he might"... those are two completely different things and I could see how they would be perceived completely different.

6. riverman

riverman Writing Team

oh fuck here we go again......never mind folks....it's getting tough around here to chat about the off season without a law library to cut and paste...I didn't start this thread....let's make this simple....I don't trust Kawhi as a guy to rely on to be a team player now.....

oldmangrouch, TBpup and Orion Bailey like this.
  7. PtldPlatypus

Precisely. I know what Stephen A Smith has said. He has no credibility. I don't know what Kawhi has said. So I'm certainly not going to impugn Kawhi's character based on the word of a talking head who has no character.

TBpup and Orion Bailey like this.
  8. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Sorry man. :) NO hard feelings, but I see @PtldPlatypus's point.

PtldPlatypus likes this.
  9. riverman

riverman Writing Team

then like his post

Orion Bailey likes this.
  10. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

There is no way Kawhi will sit out another year if he's healthy. To speculate as much is lunacy. He has done plenty of damage to his own character/career/whatever already. Given that he's due for a 150-200 mil contract in 2019, sitting out for a season will cut deep into his pocket.

RR7, Eastoff and Orion Bailey like this.
  11. riverman

riverman Writing Team

link? you know this guy beyond his loud tv persona or is he just fair game to impugn when it comes to character? a lot of writers have been speculating....mostly from the Lakers homesite from what I've seen...you could be correct...my gut says Kawhi has impugned his own character in this story

12. PtldPlatypus

My comment is based solely on his history of making spurrious and indefensible claims on air. Having been demonstrably unreliable in his opinonalism in the past, I see no reason to put any stock in it in the present.

TBpup likes this.
  13. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

@PtldPlatypus didn't question anything but the validity of your claim in your post.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2018
    PtldPlatypus likes this.
  14. riverman

riverman Writing Team

fair enough but along those lines...allow forum members to banter about these stories without the burden of links, graphs, charts or proof...y'know...like all the other stuff we talk about here...agents leak stories all the time...they are fair game for discussion ...and I am on record for believing you don't refuse to play if cleared by your team's medical staff AND get a paycheck. My original point...you can call me a Blazer fan who criticizes Kawhi Leonard...I'll own it.

Hoopguru likes this.
  15. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I don't know much about the guy really...other than he has some Al Sharpton in his delivery....Charles Barkley does the same thing as do other colorful personalities on air...the Kawhi story has been unfolding for a year.....Stephen A Smith isn't it's originator

16. PtldPlatypus

But he is the originator of the claim that he'd sit out this next year if not traded to LA, which is the only thing I've challenged this entire time.

17. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I don't know this to be true...he's the loudest probably...as I said...agents leak this stuff...like Lonzo Balls knee surgery..I don't discount the possibity that he's right or has a channel to someone who knows..Kawhi is not going to water down his brand by talking about it ...this I do know

18. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
    riverman likes this.
  19. riverman

riverman Writing Team

first....I didn't make a claim...I posted an opinion about claims made..second..PtldPlatypus questioned lots of things...the validity of an editorial that I didn't write....but you want to make it about me? or do you have an opinion about Kawhi want out of SA....the topic of this thread.? Again...come into a thread...would be good to talk about the OP and not make it about a forum members comments. It's why I've tried to just stop engaging your posts concerning me for the most part....adds nothing to the topic in my view

20. Eastoff

Eastoff But it was a beginning.

My understanding is that it KLeonard tried to sit ito this season and he's healthy, he won't be a free agent. He still has a year in his contract that he didn't fulfill.

RR7 and riverman like this.