KC Johnson Overfocusing on McBuckets

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by _GB, Oct 9, 2015.

1. _GB

_GB Bulls Fan Staff Member Moderator

...but whatever, it's the preseason.

http://fw.to/UiYdAUf

2. transplant

transplant Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Overfocusing? Have all of KC's preseason articles focused on McDermott?

McDermott is a question mark for this team. If he can be a genuine contributor, that would be very big. His development (or lack of same) is a legitimate topic.

I can't fault KC for this one.

3. such sweet thunder

such sweet thunder Member Staff Member Moderator

You guys see the Minnesota game? McDermott looked unstoppable for much of it. He's been killing it this preseason. I'm firmly a believer again.

4. such sweet thunder

such sweet thunder Member Staff Member Moderator

I think this preseason is as interesting as any other I can remember. To me, it looks like the Bulls have set up a new championship window. The team is no longer an ungainly mash up of players who are either too old or too young and kind of a mismatch for its coach.

I feel like this team is now about Bobby Portis, Niko Mirotic, Doug McDermott and Jimmy Butler. Instead of clinging to a championship window that has closed, they're probably two years away from it really fully opening. That's three players who are perfect for Fred Hoiberg's coaching style, and one in Butler who is good enough that he can play for anybody.

5. rosenthall

rosenthall Well-Known Member

I am shocked at how good Bobby Portis has been. It remains to be seen if he can still be effective after teams have scouted him, but his motor, instincts and touch look legit.

I wonder if there's a bit of a new guard/old guard thing in the locker room. Gasol, Rose, and maybe Noah/Taj seem like awkward fits for Hoiball, and I wouldn't be surprised if their role on the team is less emphasized compared to the Thibs years. Might be hard to devise a scheme that's best for both groups.

6. _GB

_GB Bulls Fan Staff Member Moderator

All hail Gar! All hail Gar!