Keith McLeod Injured

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Stockton, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Stockton

Stockton JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Jazz said Tuesday starting point guard Keith McLeod could miss up to two weeks due to his strained right hamstring, but McLeod hopes he's back much earlier.
    "I feel a lot better than I did (Monday)," he said Tuesday, "so I don't think it should be that long, as long as I do the things I need to do with (Jazz trainer) Gary (Briggs)."
    McLeod was hurt reaching back for an errant pass in the waning seconds of Sunday's blowout loss to Seattle.
    "I cut back the wrong way going for the ball," he said.
    With McLeod out for tonight's rematch with the Sonics, backup Raul Lopez will start at the point and veteran combo guard Howard Eisley will back him up, Jazz coach Jerry Sloan said.</div>

<div align="center">Link</div>

2. Marbire

Marbire JBB JustBBall Member

Great....

Could the Jazz have any more good luck?

3. Stockton

Stockton JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Utah Jazz activated center Jarron Collins on Wednesday and placed point guard Keith McLeod on the injured list with a strained hamstring.</div>

<div align="center">Link</div>

So about 2 games after Utah trade Arroyo McLeod goes down. A bit of good luck and no injuries would be nice once in a while [​IMG] .

4. calijazz

calijazz JBB JustBBall Member

I liked Raul coming off of the bench but I think it'll be alright...Raul has been playing well lately.

I read that AK is getting an increase in minutes tonight...he's expected to play about 10 min. per half.

5. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Karma? Trading Arroyo, is looking more and more like a bad decision by the Jazz. Jerry Sloan's system is PG friendly, and players at the position usually excel in it. John Stockton, Eisley, Moe Williams, Arroyo, McLeod, and now Lopez gets his chance. The Jazz still haven't found their rhythm and it looks more and more like they are lottery bound.

6. Da_Future_2k5

Da_Future_2k5 JBB Banned Member

the Jazz are lottery bound, team has less talent than the Hawks, if only ATL had Sloan.. ha

7. Marbire

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Da_Future_2k5:</div><div class="quote_post">the Jazz are lottery bound, team has less talent than the Hawks, if only ATL had Sloan.. ha</div>

Yeah... they beat Spurs and Suns back-to-back, and Sonics tonight. They must have no talent. Do you even know their players? Boozer? Kirilenko? Bell? Okur? Lopez? Harping? I won't say anything about the Hawks, because I don't know them very well.

You seriously need to know what you are talking about before you go around saying things like that!

They can make a run to the playoffs.

8. Da_Future_2k5

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Marbire:</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah... they beat Spurs and Suns back-to-back, and Sonics tonight.</div>

yeah they also lost back to back vs the Bulls and Hornets @ Utah when both were winless. whats your point?

if Jerry Sloan was not the coach, where would the Jazz be? well they are still in the lottery WITH him so.. [​IMG]

9. Marbire

Your thought process is a bit flawed.

Guess who gave New Orleans their 3rd win? Sacramento. Is Sacramento talentless? Only a fool would say so.

And Bulls? Lakers gave them their 2nd win. Cleveland their 3rd win...... Minnesota their 4th. Are these talentless teams? A team shows their talent by when they play their best. Then it just depends on how consistent they are. (Jazz aren't very consistent, but improving.)

My point was, that LATELY the Jazz have been playing much better. To say they are talentless is ignorant.

10. calijazz

calijazz JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Marbire:</div><div class="quote_post">Your thought process is a bit flawed.

Guess who gave New Orleans their 3rd win? Sacramento. Is Sacramento talentless? Only a fool would say so.

And Bulls? Lakers gave them their 2nd win. Cleveland their 3rd win...... Minnesota their 4th. Are these talentless teams? A team shows their talent by when they play their best. Then it just depends on how consistent they are. (Jazz aren't very consistent, but improving.)

My point was, that LATELY the Jazz have been playing much better. To say they are talentless is ignorant.</div>

Very good post. I agree.

As Magic Johnson once said, "Hard work and hustle beats talent." Even if the Hawks were more talented (which they are not), the Jazz would outhustle the Hawks on any night.

Da_Future_2k5's argument just makes me want to laugh...it's that off the mark. [​IMG]

11. Waneko

Waneko JBB JustBBall Member

Whoa, an actual debate on justbball. Better watch out for those moderators, they're gonna be upset. That is unless they agree that the Jazz have no talent of course.

12. Da_Future_2k5

hahaha^ well they have talent obviously (they are NBA players after all) but not as much as most NBA teams, thats what i meant.

see... Utah has players that fit into a system well (example: Raja Bell)

players who are NOT 1 on 1 players who can get a good shot off with their own talents, they rely more on screens and the offensive plays to get them that.. thats a well known fact. every team has players like this, but Utah seems to have an above average amount of these type of players. I am not saying every single player on the Jazz is like this, but almost.

agreed?

13. spark22

spark22 JBB JustBBall MVP

I agree on you with that, but is that really a bad thing? It really makes it where everybody knows that they need the other to succeed. Also everyone knows they are not greater than the team. Most of the time heart and hustle along with some determination and dedication will beat a team full of "talent." I would rather take that team other than the team full of so called talent.

I know what are you going to reply and say, the Jazz need a go to guy in the late game situation, while I will not disagree with you there but most of the time if you run the right plays with the right screens, etc. you will get a good enough shot for the "role player" to hit.

Anyways, how did we get on this subject, I thought it was on McLeod being injured?[​IMG]

14. Marbire

Since when does being a teamplayer, and knowing how to pass the ball, and run plays, make you "talentless" ? That's what basketball is about IMO. If you think otherwise, maybe you should recall the USA basketball team in the Olympics.

And BTW, there are people on the Jazz can create their own shots.

Anyways, guess we should get back on the Mcleod subject.

15. Mr.Wade

Mr.Wade JBB The Canadian Dream

Well the Jazz's franchise player was out for what.. 2 months?? I'd say that's a rather punishing blow to the team.

Before Andrei went down the Jazz were 1 of the top teams in the League.