Kenyon Martin punches Nene

Discussion in 'Denver Nuggets' started by samoan-maverick, Oct 3, 2004.

1. samoan-maverick

samoan-maverick JBB JustBBall Member

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Battling for the 4 spot and supposedly the witnesses said the heated battle errupted when K-mart spun on Nene and punched him above his eye.

Thoughts?

(scroll down to see the paragraph, with K-Marts picture)

2. Jumpman

Jumpman And Your Nominees Are...

Wow, stitches? K-Mart will be in huge trouble. This is the type of ting I expect Artest to do, lol, j/k.

3. twool913

twool913 JBB JustBBall Member

Hopefully its just a rumor and not true. If it is, then Martin is worthless in my opinion, you don't punch a teammate i don't care who you are. I would never want him on my team if this is true.

4. jbb94ftOfTherapy

jbb94ftOfTherapy JBB JustBBall Member

well <font color="Red">edit </font> on me. damn i hope this is just a rumor like dpballers said. If its not just a rumor then lets sure hope Nene and K-mart can work it out. damn first day too.

5. WorkingOut247

WorkingOut247 JBB JustBBall Member

whats up with all these forwards and punches,

6. S.Livingston14

S.Livingston14 JBB JustBBall Member

This better not ruin the Nuggets season, I had high expectations for them. And hopefully they don't suspend them both, or there in deep trouble.

7. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

Not believing anything till I hear it from the Nuggets organization.

8. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

So K-Mart punching dude in the eye during practice makes him wothless then I guess so is KG, so is MJ, so is Jerry Stackhouse, man you cats got to get realistic, In the heat of the moment these type of things happen. There has been an under tone war of words between these two all offseason. Nene is trying to battle to keep his starting spot. And K-Mart is trying to establish himself as the teams enforcer. This is simple basketball testarone(misspelled) at its highest pick. Iam sure K-Mart will get a team fine. And it will be left at that, if the story is true.

9. twool913

twool913 JBB JustBBall Member

Ok, i'll take back the worthless comment. BUT that is still way inappropriate. So what if they're "in the heat of the moment"? If it was like that then every playoff game somebody would throw a punch. They're teammates now and shouldn't be stupid stuff like that.

I also won't believe much unless there's any solid news on it.

10. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

What the phuck is Kmart thinking?

11. magicfrankie

magicfrankie JBB JustBBall Member

Come on people, don't overreact! I mean, it's just a punch, it's not like he slept with his wife or something....

I have my own theory about this:
    as weird as it may sound, I think it's good for team chemistry, if the coaches do their job properly and get the players on the same page. It was pretty obvious there was going to be tension on the team, Nene was the starting power forward with a lot of people expecting a lot from him, and in comes K-Mart, who ofcourse claims his spot. In practice they start getting physical, until one of them explodes. Don't you think the coaches saw this coming? Ofcourse they did, and they let it happen. Now they are going to talk about it, and let the players come together. If it works, they will become great teammates.

12. LebronJames456

LebronJames456 JBB JustBBall Member

You cant just go around punching people on your team. Youre supposed to work as a team. I Think they should trade NeNe or K-Mart now because they cannot work together. I would now make the trade NeNe for Joe Johnson. It would benifit both teams. Phoenix need a center and Denver need a shooting guard.

13. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

Didn`t Kevin Garnett punch one of the rookie on the Wolves lol?

14. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Turns out there was no punch up, just two guys going hard at each other in practise.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Vandeweghe downplayed a report in Sunday's New York Post that Martin punched Nene, last season's starter at power forward, during a workout last week. "There's no issue," Vandeweghe said. "They're getting along great."

Those close to the situation said it was a physical workout and it was not a sucker punch. The Post reported Nene needed stitches above an eye, but Nene's translator, Joe Santos, said that's not accurate.

"He just has a little redness above his left eye," Santos said.

Training camp battles figure to be intense with Denver's big men. The acquisition of Martin probably means either Nene or Marcus Camby will go to the bench.

</div>

Link

15. magicfrankie

magicfrankie JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting LebronJames456:</div><div class="quote_post">You cant just go around punching people on your team. Youre supposed to work as a team. I Think they should trade NeNe or K-Mart now because they cannot work together. I would now make the trade NeNe for Joe Johnson. It would benifit both teams. Phoenix need a center and Denver need a shooting guard.</div>

That would not be a smart trade for Denver, they need Nene much more than they need a shooting guard like JJ.
    Camby will be their starting center, but he's injury prone, so it's always good to have a solid backup for him.
    And, trading Nene would mess up their 4-5 rotation of Camby, K-Mart, Nene and Elson, which is one of the strong features of this team.

Like I said, this is not a major incident, and will most certainly help the team in the future.

16. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting magicfrankie:</div><div class="quote_post">it's not like he slept with his wife or something....</div>

^^ [​IMG] Where do people come up with this stuff?

It IS a big deal. I have a feeling that somewhere down the line, after Dever wins three rings and then fails twice, we'll hear about Kmart being traded to Miami because he and Nene couldn't work sh!t out.

17. jbb94ftOfTherapy

jbb94ftOfTherapy JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bobcats:</div><div class="quote_post">Not believing anything till I hear it from the Nuggets organization.</div>
    It's true. If you read the denver post theres a clip from kiki saying that its true and theyve worked there problems out. thank god.
    Link

18. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

Good find AllNet,its crazy how rumors like these are formed.I am sure Kenyon and Nene are getting along fine,and its good to have physical battles with your teamates,it helps them be physocally prepared come game time.

19. samoan-maverick

samoan-maverick JBB JustBBall Member

I dont know if this will be all sweet and sour candy cuz, ego's are bigger than ever for players. I know I'm taking the easy way out of it but, back to the Kobe and Shaq feud they were fighting over the leader of the team and points. K-mart and Nene are fighting over one position. ONE STARTING POSITION. This may not be good for Kiki.

20. mjkanfly

mjkanfly JBB JustBBall Member

K Mart

Yah I think one should go are they need to sit down and have a talk because if they are fighting its just taking down the team and they need to get up [​IMG]