Keon Clark Traded To Jazz!!

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by mike18946, Aug 5, 2003.

1. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

yea might be a block fest... but where is the scoring coming from... Jizz... I mean Jazz still look like the worst team in the midwest to me... (probably finish over the nuggets tho)...

2. twolvefan11

twolvefan11 JBB Banned Member

I think the Nuggets will do pretty well this year, but still miss the playoffs. The Jazz have improved, but still the cellar dweller in the Midwest.

3. t-mac

t-mac JBB JustBBall Member

yeh it will be between the nuggets and the jazz, the jazz still have a solid team even without malone and stockton but its obvious they will struggle

4. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

You see?

Luxury tax does matter. That was why Keon was traded with 2 2nd rounders for one 2nd rounder.

Keon was slated at $5 million this season. Sacramento was in the luxury tax area, and still are. This move saved them $10 million. Was it worth 2 2nd rounders to save $10 million? You bet. Keon isn't worth keeping if his salary needs to be doubled.

Utah knows this and took full advantage.....not that they had much choice.

Utah still only has $26 million in committed salaries as of now. They still have to add $6 million(each team needs to head into the season with a minimum of $32 million per CBA rules).

Utah reduced what they needed to add, from $11 million to $6 million.

Both teams needed this trade. Utah took advantage of Sacramento's wanting to dump cap.....

5. gmanspack

gmanspack JBB JustBBall Member

But Clarks salary probably would have put the Maloof bros over the tax

6. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

This is a fantastic move for Utah. In essence they just got Keon Clark and a second rounder for nothing. Keon gives them some athleticism and size that they needed. With Malone in LA, look for Keon to come in and get alot of minutes right off the bat. Sacremento made this move trying to clear up some cap room however their bench isnt all that great now especially in their front line. There is no more Clark, Pollard, or Turkoglu. Unless they sign someone their front line is in dissaray. Utah isnt going to be as bad this year as I orginally thought. Clark and AK47 will sure be a good tandem to watch together on defense. Block City!!!

Both teams got what they wanted here. The Jazz got Clark,a good athletic PF to replace Malone, while still staying considerably under the cap and they picked up two second rounders in the process. Sacramento got rid of some cap so they wont hit the luxury tax this year and they managed to get a second rounder. Overall, this was a good move by both teams but Utah came out of this like a bandit.

7. Vintage

Actually, Sacramento is still in the luxury tax. They will be anywhere from 5 to 7 million dollars over the limit.

Meaning they stand to lose anywhere from $20 to $27 million(double the amount they are over......and the fact they wont receive money back from the league).

Keeping Clark would have made that figure jump into the $30 million- $37 million area.

Dump cap? Yes. But Sacramento still has to pay the luxury tax.

8. superman637332

superman637332 JBB JustBBall Member

hmm well the kings are quite the stupid team nice job jazz

9. Vintage

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting superman637332:</div><div class="quote_post">hmm well the kings are quite the stupid team nice job jazz</div>

No..........the Kings have smart ownership/management.

10. magicfrankie

magicfrankie JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting superman637332:</div><div class="quote_post">hmm well the kings are quite the stupid team nice job jazz</div>

Please read the posts in the thread before you post, there might be some handy stuff in there....

11. AZ1

AZ1 JBB JustBBall Member

haha [​IMG]

12. Raindrops

Raindrops JBB JustBBall Member

I feel that if given the chance to start, Keon could really blossom this season and lead the L in blocks. If Glen Grunwald was not such a nut he would still be playing for the raps [​IMG]

13. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

horrible move, i cant believe theyd want jim jackson over keon? the last thing they need is another shooter, big men are a commodity in the nba, they would have been way further ahead to dump funderburke and kept keon, stupid move imo

14. BallerAK47

BallerAK47 JBB JustBBall Member

Keon wouldn't lead teh league in blocks, because he wouldn't even have the most on his team.

15. t-mac

t-mac JBB JustBBall Member

i guess they kings had to do what they had to do, the kings have enough big men neways but it would hurt to have keon incase of injury. i think both teams got what they needed and wanted

16. gmanspack

gmanspack JBB JustBBall Member

They actually dont have many big men, they traded Hedo, got Brad Miller who I think is overrated and CWebb is gonna start the year hurt