Keyon Dooling Picks Up Option With Magic

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by knicksfan3, Jun 20, 2007.

1. knicksfan3

knicksfan3 Nets Season Ticket Holder - Section 225

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Keyon Dooling Picks Up Option With MagicOrlando Sentinel - 06/20 - 2:10 AM ESTEarlier this week, Magic guard Keyon Dooling picked up the option on his original three-year contract, bypassing the chance to become a free agent next month. Dooling will be making an estimated $3.5 million.As much as anyone, Dooling was excited about the hiring of Van Gundy, who coached him during the one season (2004-05) he played in Miami."I learned more from one year with Stan than I did in my first four years in the league,"' said Dooling, who started his career with the Los Angeles Clippers . "He'll be a great asset to the team. [His hiring] only made me more excited about coming back."Dooling averaged 7.9 points and 1.9 assists for the Magic last season, his second in Orlando since coming from Miami.</div>A good guy to have off the bench and 3.5 mil won't break the bank.

2. Courtvision

Courtvision BBW Member

He's a solid guy to come off the bench and give them quality minutes.Nothing more, nothing less.

3. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

I wouldn't have minded to see Dooling take off, he's decent but undersized at the two, and likes to dribble to much when he plays the point. Ariza, Bogans and Redick could have easily taken up the shooting guard spot without him, so I really don't see the reason of keeping Dooling around, but whatever the Magic want to do.

4. Amare320

Amare320 BBW Banned

He's quite a offensive spark aswell as a above average defender, they can use that.

5. magicfan14

magicfan14 BBW Member

I think that Dooling is a great bench player and with time might be able to become a good starter. If hes not with Orlando for much longer I still hope he has success and becomes a awesome player. I don't really think he will start for Orlando anytime soon though.