KG MVP???

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by dashthemavfan13, Feb 28, 2003.

1. dashthemavfan13

dashthemavfan13 JBB JustBBall Member

Is KG the MVP??? He has been playing awfully good, and getting the Wolves into a good position in the playoffs. But I gotta admit, I hate WALLY! BEAT US WITH HIS GAME WINNING SHOT! [​IMG]

2. VinsanityMK

VinsanityMK JBB JustBBall Member

He's got a great chance to be MVP!

3. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

Just like the NBA championship, it's up for grabs to anybody

4. dee still ballin

dee still ballin JBB JustBBall Member

yup MVP honors is up for anyone.. and yes dash... I agree. Wally hurt us with that shot

5. dtruth

dtruth JBB JustBBall Member

Even though I like Kobe, I think Garnett is gonna win MVP, he's been carrying that team all season.

6. Omnipotent

Omnipotent JBB JustBBall Member

KG and Duncan seem to be the players most deserving of the MVP award. But its not as simple as that. The selectors of the awards seem to factor in how far into the playoffs they believe the MVP candidate can take their team - this despite the fact that the MVP award is a regular season award. This said ... Tim Duncan and Kobe Bryant are slightly ahead of KG and T-Mac right NOW. LA and San Antonio will make the playoffs and are expected to contend for the Championship, while the timberwolves and Magic are expected to be out in the first round.

Of course this can all change in the final 20 or so games as the playoff seeds start to come into shape and KG and T-Mac show that they may have what it takes to push their teams deeper than the first round

7. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

kg should win it

8. pacers#1

pacers#1 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Omnipotent":</div><div class="quote_post">KG and Duncan seem to be the players most deserving of the MVP award. But its not as simple as that. The selectors of the awards seem to factor in how far into the playoffs they believe the MVP candidate can take their team - this despite the fact that the MVP award is a regular season award. This said ... Tim Duncan and Kobe Bryant are slightly ahead of KG and T-Mac right NOW. LA and San Antonio will make the playoffs and are expected to contend for the Championship, while the timberwolves and Magic are expected to be out in the first round.

Of course this can all change in the final 20 or so games as the playoff seeds start to come into shape and KG and T-Mac show that they may have what it takes to push their teams deeper than the first round</div>
    the only reason the lakers n the spurs will make it further in2 the playoffs is bcuz they hav better supportin cast than both orlando n minny

9. Alley-oop

Alley-oop JBB JustBBall Member

Yes KG should be the MVP. He is leading his team without any quality role players except for Rasho who just got injured and Wally. He got his fifth triple-double last night.

10. Ash

Ash JBB JustBBall Member

kevin garnett so deserves the mvp. and all y'all shut up about wally beating your dallas mavericks with 1 shot just because down there in dallas there aint nobody who can make nothin like that. wally szczerbiak is hot and kg deserves the mvp. aight?!

11. TheNBAForum

TheNBAForum JBB JustBBall Member

Sadly Enough, KG did not get the MVP.

Had we made it past the first round, he would have recieved the award for sure. But without getting out of the 1st round, the wolves wont get anywhere.

Wally isnt doing us a good service. He stinks in the playoffs. Horribly. He need's to step it up big time.

12. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

Re:

Although I think its ignored . . . MVP has nothing to due with Playoffs (Finals MVP is basicly Playoffs MVP) . . . KG SHOULD have gotten it

team leader in . . . ppg, rpg, asp, spg, rpg

if someone could find a player that did that and also lead the L in trip-dubs, dub-dubs and was the 4th seed in the playoffs . . . lemme know

[​IMG]

13. TheNBAForum

TheNBAForum JBB JustBBall Member

I agree with everything you said purehoops, sadly they do look at postseason. Not to mention he was All Star game MVP right?

14. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

TD led his team to first in the west, and KG should be leading his team in everything, who else can beat him in any stats?

15. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "thefranchise3":</div><div class="quote_post">KG should be leading his team in everything, who else can beat him in any stats?</div>

Should, where in the rule book does it say KG hasta 100% lead his team in everything . . . but your just proving my point that he is the most valuable player because he is leading in at cats and without him the TWolves would be in lottery land . . .

16. jbbFranchise

If your a great player (which KG is) and you have a crap team, isnt it normal to lead your team in everything?

17. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

yes, and thats what awards are for . . .

18. jbbFranchise

but when you look at a 60-22 record, its hard to turn down if your one of the choosers. I'm not saying KG didnt deserve it, im just saying that Tim did deserve it as much as KG.

19. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

I never said Duncan wasnt deserving . . . he was 2nd on my list (and if Kobe got it over either one of these 2 it would have been a travisty) . . . I felt Duncan fell short because he stats were inferior (by a bit) and he had much more help to get to that 1st slot (no fault at his own) . . . KG carried, flat our carried the team to the 4th spot (no offense to T-Hud)

if you remember Barkley said the Rockets and would take the 8th spot over the T'Wolves . . . KG is a warrior and plays his heart out . . . He deserves an award . . .

20. aib

aib JBB JustBBall Member

TIM got it...
    Kg is awsome though...