KG- Wolves Must 'Get It Done"

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by mike18946, Aug 5, 2003.

1. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

KG- Wolves must 'get it done"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/story?id=1590662

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> Minnesota's Kevin Garnett, in his first public comments since last month's Latrell Sprewell trade, told ESPN.com that he is impressed by the acquisitions of Sprewell and Sam Cassell and optimistic about the Timberwolves' prospects with their deepest team ever.

"I only really know (Sprewell) through the All-Star Game, but I'm definitely excited to have him," Garnett said. "With him and Sam, we really had an aggressive offseason and now it's up to us as an organization to get it done. I'm really excited because there's not too many people who have been with the Timberwolves as long as I have."

Garnett, though, stopped short of saying he intends to sign a contract extension before or during the season.

"I don't know at this point," Garnett said. "I still have a year to go and a lot of other things to think about."

As for his future with Team USA, Garnett remains open to the possibility of joining the national team for next summer's Olympics in Greece. A mainstay with Team USA in previous competitions, Garnett opted to bypass next month's Olympic qualifying tournament in Puerto Rico.

"I haven't ruled anything out," Garnett said. "I'm not going to commit to it right now, but if I'm needed things could happen." </div>

2. slamduncan21

slamduncan21 JBB JustBBall Member

i really hope he joins the olympic team. THEN we can say we've got our best out there competing

3. BucksFan-InPain

BucksFan-InPain JBB JustBBall Member

He really needs to be on the team, how are we putting our best team down there if we have the mailman??

4. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

If he went on the team they should take off Nick Colison.

5. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

kg, kobe, and shaq need to be on this team for it to be the best. and duncan, but i think he's already on it.

6. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Yep..Tim Duncan is already on the team..

7. jbbSkip

jbbSkip JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">HOW COULD YOU TRADE MY BOY RAY?!?</div>

haha hilarious

8. twolvefan11

twolvefan11 JBB Banned Member

USA would destroy all the competition if he joins, the scores would be like 173-24 every game.

9. t-mac

t-mac JBB JustBBall Member

he would b a great addition to the team but i dont think it will make much of a difference to how much the usa win games by, all the players the us have sent will dominate on the international level, the inclusion of collison brings back memories of wen lattener was in dream team 1! mayb kg could replace him