Kidd Sees Toronto, Not Boston, as Atlantic Division Favorite

Discussion in 'Brooklyn Nets' started by NJNetz, Sep 8, 2007.

1. GrandKenyon6

GrandKenyon6 Member

The Knicks will be dreadful just like they are every year.

2. Legacy

Legacy Beast

Boston is overrated like hell already. There will be too much pressure on Rajon Rando to get KG, Pierce, and Allen all their looks and points. Even with their hunger and desire, I doubt they go that far this year. I really think that we could give them a run for their money and possibly even Toronto could too. Plus it's not like Boston has a deep bench with Eddie House and James Posey only.

3. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GrandKenyon6)</div><div class='quotemain'>The Knicks will be dreadful just like they are every year.</div>

</p>

Are you not reading my posts? they could be a lot better because of how they improved their roster. They could go at the 8th or 7th spot if they can keep teams like the Bucks, Bobcats, 76ers down while playing above .500 basketball all year.</p>

4. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Curry and Randolph . . . where's the D?</p>

Both blackholes on offense, a horrible big man combo. Result? The Knicks are not making the playoffs. </p>

5. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    double post

</p>

6. Master Shake

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JCB)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Curry and Randolph . . . where's the D?</p>

Both blackholes on offense, a horrible big man combo. Result? The Knicks are not making the playoffs. </p></div>

</p>

Defense, is a problem, but both can motivate each other to play defense and get better. Randolph can hit that jumper sometimes and Curry can be dominate when he asserts himself.</p>

Horrible big man combo? No that bad. They have mental problems mostly and just need a shot in the back to get them going. I'm saying that if they can get going, it can be dangerous...in more ways then one.</p>

7. cpawfan

cpawfan Monsters do exist

Kidd is a horrible GM and has generally been a pretty poor analyst as well.</p>

8. ghoti

ghoti A PhD in Horribleness

The Sixers, Pacers and Bucks are in the 20-30 win category.</p>

The Knicks might be able to finish better than one or more of these teams, but things have to break right.</p>

9. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Master Shake)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think 4 teams will really be fighting for that division. Don't count out the Knicks, they could be the "Dark Horse" of the Eastern Conference. With a front court of Curry-Randolph you could have one of the best rebounding duo's in the East. Along with Crawford, Balkman, Marbury and Robinson. With some rookies like Chandler, they could surprise a lot of people. The 76ers aren't really gunna be competing because they are way to young and with to many rookies in the line-up.</div>

</p>

Curry sucks at rebounding, but Randolph is a pretty good rebounder. put him alongside david lee instead, and you've got a great rebounding duo. that'd probably be the 3rd best in the east, next to oneal-haslem and oneal-foster.</p>

half the knicks roster doesn't even play defense, and only 1 or 2 of those guys are real winners. i think they're gonna have more trouble than some people think.</p>

and boston...eh. depends on injuries to their big 3, and how everyone meshes. </p>

on the other hand, boston had a great season last year, while the nets struggled with injuries.</p>

so i'd say Jason Kidd was pretty right with his assessment. Toronto's on top of this division. </p>

10. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

Knicks are going to finish above the Pacers, Sixers, and Bucks. I just don't think they can screw it up that bad, and become a 20-win team again. If you think about it, they are a very talented team, so if they play together, they could be deadly in the Atlantic Division. I still have much faith in my Nets, though.

11. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kidd)</div><div class='quotemain'>Knicks are going to finish above the Pacers, Sixers, and Bucks. I just don't think they can screw it up that bad, and become a 20-win team again. If you think about it, they are a very talented team, so if they play together, they could be deadly in the Atlantic Division. I still have much faith in my Nets, though.</div>

i'm not so sure about better than the bucks...all depends on how mo+redd+simmons+mason goes. if they're good, the bucks are good. if not, the bucks are shit.</p>

but ya, knicks are more than a 20-win team. but far from a 40-win team.</p>

12. lukewarmplay

lukewarmplay Hired Goons

The Knicks are worse than the Bucks. Milwaukee should be sniffing the playoffs at the very least, while the Knicks are on schedule to begin imploding by January, and then completely fall apart towards the end of the season.

13. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>all depends on how mo+redd+simmons+mason goes.</div></p>

I'm predicating the Knicks to be the better team this season. Assuming both teams play on a high level, Knicks still seem to have that advantage over the Bucks, imo.</p>

</p>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>but far from a 40-win team.</div></p>

Not necessarily, you're really underrating them. Yes, they have a lot to prove, but winning at least 40-games shouldn't be a huge problem, with their roster. Like I said before, they have a lot of talented players, but they need to play as a whole. A consistent one. That will lead to wins.</p>

14. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kidd)</div><div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>all depends on how mo+redd+simmons+mason goes.</div></p>

I'm predicating the Knicks to be the better team this season. Assuming both teams play on a high level, Knicks still seem to have that advantage over the Bucks, imo.</p>

</p>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>but far from a 40-win team.</div></p>

Not necessarily, you're really underrating them. Yes, they have a lot to prove, but winning at least 40-games shouldn't be a huge problem, with their roster. Like I said before, they have a lot of talented players, but they need to play as a whole. A consistent one. That will lead to wins.</p></div>

</p>

and i don't think that will happen...which is why i say they couldn't win 40 games. maybe 30.</p>

playing as a team is good with players like jamal crawford(IMO he throws the best alleys) and david lee on the team, but with other players like starbury, nate, curry(sometimes), and randolph, i don't see all that great teamwork going on on-court.</p>

and their defense sucks. just my opinion, tho.</p>

15. Real

Real Dumb and Dumbest

Toronto are the favorites. They are a contender in the East. With Chris Bosh, Andrea Bargnani, Anthony Parker, T.J. Ford, Jose Calderon,Garbajosa, and the additions of Delfino and Kapono, combine that with the fact they are no longer playoff virgins, they are dangerous.</p>

Boston is at this point a great regular season without the neccesary depth to win the NBA Championship. If I'm an opposing team the only players I'm scared of off the bench are James Posey, Eddie House, and Tony Allen. Suspect at PG and C as well, but if Rondo can have a big year it will be a tremendous boost for this team. This is a team that depending on the matchups could definetly come out of the East.</p>

I just want to see this Net team play 82 games without a major injury. If Jamaal Magloire can play well and Nenad Krstic can return successfully, then the Nets could be on paper a contender in the Atlantic and the East.</p>

16. Master Shake

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Real)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Toronto are the favorites.</div></p>

Well, I mean, they should be. They have so much depth and great chemistry. They are easily a 50 win team, and are in contention for an ECF title. </p>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Boston is at this point a great regular season without the necessary depth to win the NBA Championship.</div></p>

Well, during the season, depth is a problem. With KG, Pierce and Allen playing almost 43 minutes per, by the playoffs, they will be fatigued. However, with Posey, House running the 8 man rotation, they can still win. Look at Cleveland, they didn't have a deep bench in the playoffs, but will shall see.</p>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I just want to see this Net team play 82 games without a major injury. If Jamaal Magloire can play well and Nenad Krstic can return successfully, then the Nets could be on paper a contender in the Atlantic and the East.</div> </p>

The Nets can always be a contender, but their inside game is slowly improving. With Magloire, Boone and my one of my favorite upcoming young players Sean Williams. I think that the Nets PF future is with Williams, and he should be able to help the Nets a lot.</p>

17. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

I really have no idea how the division will end up. The one thing the Raptors (and the Nets kind of as well) have in their favour though, is continuity. Last year, they had their renovation over the offseason and it took a 2-3 months for all the players to mesh and the team to start playing well together. I expect Boston and New York to go through a similar phase early on, while Toronto and New Jersey build on last year's postseason success and the chemistry they've already built together.

18. Kidd Karma

Kidd Karma Member

Interesting bit from Kidd. Probably looking at Toronto's 1-9 vs boston's 1-9, plus the need for chemistry. Rondo's a 2nd year point, that's probably where kidd is looking at to devour.

19. Real

Real Dumb and Dumbest

[quote name='Master Shake'][quote name='Real']

</p>

Well, during the season, depth is a problem. With KG, Pierce and Allen playing almost 43 minutes per, by the playoffs, they will be fatigued. However, with Posey, House running the 8 man rotation, they can still win. Look at Cleveland, they didn't have a deep bench in the playoffs, but will shall see.</p>

</p>

The Nets can always be a contender, but their inside game is slowly improving. With Magloire, Boone and my one of my favorite upcoming young players Sean Williams. I think that the Nets PF future is with Williams, and he should be able to help the Nets a lot.</p>

[/QUOTE] </p>

Boston can come out of the East now depending on the matchups. I don't think they can beat the top teams in the West in a seven-game series.</p>

And I don't expect much from Sean Williams this year.</p>

</p>

20. Premier

Premier Member

Garnett, Pierce, and Allen will not play more than 38 minutes per game during the regular season. I expect the Celtics to win the Atlantic and finish with the third seed, only to step it up in the playoffs. I'm fairly sure that they have a great shot at making it to the ECFs, but it's foolish to say anything for certain. I think the problems with their depth is rather overrated, as they won't use a second unit in which none of the three main players are on the bench, save for the last twenty seconds of the first three quarters.