Kings have no chance in the playoffs!

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by Lakers4ever, Apr 13, 2004.

1. cArMeLo15

cArMeLo15 JBB JustBBall Member

If anything the Kings have a better chance of advancing, then the Lakers have.

2. DajuanWagner#2

DajuanWagner#2 JBB JustBBall Member

I'm going with Minnesota... sorry! :P

3. Emo

Emo Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James X3:</div><div class="quote_post">Do you only watch Lakers games or something? Two years ago Sacramento were a newly assembled team who hadn't played many seasons together, not to mention their lack of playoff experience as a whole. Yet they made a triumphant run into the conference finals and took a team who had won back to back championships to the absolute limit. They Forced The Lakers to overtime in game seven of the conference finals, that's not taking advantage of their talent? Last year they suffered an injury, which can not be avoided I may add, to their best player yet they still forced a game 7 against Dallas, who held the best record in the entire NBA.</div>

Do you watch Kings games?? If you haven't forgotten already, and I'm sure this stays locked in your mind, the 2002 Western Conference Finals. Game 7 at Arco Arena. In the closing minutes of the game, Peja Stojakavic airballs a game at the perimeter, and your team had golden opportunities to put my team away, and you couldn't do it. CLANK CLANK AND MORE CLANKS off the rim as the Kings went on to lose in OT, and it put the Lakers back in the Finals where they swept the Nets for the 2002 title. So you tell me, how is that taking advantage of their talent? Taking advantage of their talent means defying the odds to knocking off the hated Lakers, to prove a statement by beating the Lakers that you're not taking them as the monkey on their backs anymore, AND let me add, taking advantage of their talent doesn't mean choking on fundamental free throws, and talking trash without backing it up and later on when you lose, blaming the refs for your stupidity and nonsense. So don't give me that B.S. about the Kings actually using their talent to the best of their abilities. You had the game in your F**** hands, and you coughed it up.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James X3:</div><div class="quote_post">Once again, do you only watch Lakers games? Who have they brought in since their lost in the conference finals against LA two years ago? Brad Miller and Anthony Peeler? That's it for key players I believe, and yes, they have made a difference. Peeler is the best percentage three point shooter in the league, and Brad Miller is an allstar who filled in for Chris Webber. They also led Sacramento for the longest reign on top of The Western Conference this season. Sure they struggled when Webber returned from injury and they lost their top spot, but to say they haven't made a difference is simply absurd.</div>

I'm a Laker fan. What the hell would I be doing watching Kings games?? Yeah, the Kings brought in Brad Miller and Anthony Peeler? But is Brad Miller in the starting lineup?? Isn't Miller healthy enough to lead a Kings team to victory and still not destroy any of their chemistry in the process? Because I'm sure you and other bandwagon Kings fans understand that Chris Webber is definitely messing up the Kings' chemistry. Can't elevate...can't hit jumpshots even though he'd rather stick to that gameplan rather than penetrating. You may come back with an argument that he did play extremely well in this first round series against a team that doesn't play defense in the Dallas Mavericks, but how about a team like Minnesota?? What'll happen when Garnett guards him?? You're better off having the 52 million dollar man in there rather than a crippled Chris Webber. And would you see a ton of Anthony Peeler if Bobby Jackson didn't get injured for this postseason? [​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James X3:</div><div class="quote_post">Why is that? Because the games were close? I recall the series went 4-1, no one in their right mind would consider that close. If we were to judge all series by your theory, than I guess The Lakers barely beat Sacramento two years ago. I mean it did take a final second shot by Robert Horry, and a game 7 overtime to close Sacramento out, did it not? Please, stop stroking your Kobe bobble head while typing on your keyboard, and instead think with a clear mind that's free of your Lakers bias. Close is a Game 7 overtime, not a 4-1 series victory.</div>

Mising the point. Yes you won the series 4-1, but look at how close the scores were. Game 1, Game 4, and Game 5??? Very fortunate to even be moving on in this series, no question.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James X3:</div><div class="quote_post">Your "Lakers" aren't the measuring stick in the NBA, If I recall they are no longer the champions. Sacramento deserves respect because their overall record in the past two seasons is tops in the entire NBA, bar none. Because through injuries, they still show heart and determination. Because they're always a contender, regardless of the circumstances. Defeating "Your Lakers" has nothing to do with earning respect in this league, plain and simple.</div>

Ok I guess that's why people would rather watch the Lakers in the NBA Finals rather than the San Antonio Spurs?? Remember how dismal the Finals ratings were from a year ago?? Sac doesn't deserve respect because they haven't won anything, and I'll still come back to it. You may have division titles under your belt, you may have had the best record in the league for how long now, but where is the jewelry? Isn't that the #1 goal??

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James X3:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't live in Sacramento, so I can't raise a banner in my home arena. The situation here is your complete disrespect for an elite team in the NBA, a team who has proven time and time again for the past three seasons that their a top contender. It's also about your individual Lakers bias that allows you to be completely blind of anyone else's accomplishments or contendership.</div>

Of course I'm going to disrespect the Kings. They're our rival. The Kings, an elite team?? Yeah, go ahead and keep brainwashing yourself with that ridiculous logic. [​IMG] Oh yeah, if I were so "biased" I guess I wouldn't be having this Laker moderator job now, would I?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James X3:</div><div class="quote_post">"No respect until they defeat The Lakers" is just the kind of remark that takes away all credibility from your arguments. The Lakers aren't the champions, nor are they the measuring stick for success. Your views are obscured by your Lakers bias, it's abundantly obvious to anyone reading your posts. It's unfortunate too, but if you want to live in Laker-Land and pretend everyone else is just simply inferior than go ahead. However, be warned, that comes back to bite you as San Antonio proved true last season. I'm sure you were just as heart broken as teary eyed Derek Fisher...</div>

How about this then so-called King fan. No respect until they actually hoist that trophy and show off their jewelry?? Wait a minute....you haven't done that since the old Rochester days. Ahh, yes please keep calling me biased. I love the haters, I love the criticism. [​IMG]

Again, you can beat this like a dead horse all you want, but it all comes back to the fact the Los Angeles Lakers have three rings and fourteen as a franchise and the Kings don't.

4. cula

cula JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Laker_Fever_834:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Of course I'm going to disrespect the Kings. They're our rival. The Kings, an elite team?? Yeah, go ahead and keep brainwashing yourself with that ridiculous logic. [​IMG] Oh yeah, if I were so "biased" I guess I wouldn't be having this Laker moderator job now, would I?
    </div>

is it just me or are you digging yourself a bit of a hole here? if you disrespect any non-laker team, therefore clearly not having an objective view towards ideas posted on the forum, how can we expect to be treated fairly on the lakers forum if you are the moderator?

5. Emo

Emo Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting cula:</div><div class="quote_post">is it just me or are you digging yourself a bit of a hole here? if you disrespect any non-laker team, therefore clearly not having an objective view towards ideas posted on the forum, how can we expect to be treated fairly on the lakers forum if you are the moderator?</div>

This is Kings/Lakers trashtalk back and forth. Of course neither of us isn't going to agree with each other's statements. That's why it's called a rivalry. We can't stand one another's team or it's fans. I judge my team fairly well at the Lakers forum. A lot of members that aren't Laker fans accuse me of being biased towards my team, and a lot of the accusations come driectly from Kings fans, but if you people actually come in and look at the work I do that involves my team, you'd really think twice before these people make ridiculous comments.

6. Xyla

Xyla JBB JustBBall Member

Shut down by the purse designer Christie?? You actually think that's gonna happen again?? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

You really wanna bring in outside businesses into the forum? Alright, well:

Shaq- Kazaam?! Shaq-fu?! Steel... talk about crap
    Kobe- Oh wait he LOST all of his sponserships....

7. LoZo

LoZo JBB JustBBall Member

It's odd, everyone says the Kings are all talk. I don't see them talking. They don't have anything to show, you Laker fans are right. When people say they are soft, they don't whine, there's only one king that whines, and his name is Chris Webber. That aside, I don't think it's fair to call the kings all talk when they have been flying under the radar of the Laker dominated national sports programs. I mean everyday we hear a new story about someone getting angry at practice or someone switching shampoos with Rick Fox. I mean come on, as Laker fan Woody Paige so often says on Around the Horn, "You guys are so far in the forest you can't even see the trees". Every single laker has had drama at one point or another this season, last season, the seasons before, that's what makes them a story. That's why the media hates the spurs, no stories, they just play. Call the kings what you want, but I think they have out grown the cry baby role. They are too tested for that. Did you hear them crying last year when they lost to the mavs in 7 games. 7, that's 5 and a half without the old chris webber. you think the lakers could have gone 7 games without shaq, their most important player. Perhaps, but the kings showed that they had heart, they showed that in 2002, last year, and they are showing it still. They won't go down without a fight, you call them queens, I don't care. They put up a fight when every other team was bowing out to the lakers. You all seem to forget that game 7 was an OT victory, it's not like you dominated us. You squeaked by, you got the W and congrats you should be proud. But don't go around talking like we didn't take you to your limit. Because we know that you took us to ours, and we respect you for it, it made us a better team, it made me a better fan.

8. Emo

Emo Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting LoZo:</div><div class="quote_post">It's odd, everyone says the Kings are all talk. I don't see them talking. They don't have anything to show, you Laker fans are right. When people say they are soft, they don't whine, there's only one king that whines, and his name is Chris Webber.</div>

Kings don't whine?? The only whiner on that team is Chris Webber? Kings aren't trash-talkers?? What planet are you from? [​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting LoZo:</div><div class="quote_post">Call the kings what you want, but I think they have out grown the cry baby role. They are too tested for that. Did you hear them crying last year when they lost to the mavs in 7 games.</div>

Once again, you really have to think about what you write before you even come out with a ridiculous statement like this. [​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting LoZo:</div><div class="quote_post">Perhaps, but the kings showed that they had heart, they showed that in 2002, last year, and they are showing it still. They won't go down without a fight, you call them queens, I don't care. They put up a fight when every other team was bowing out to the lakers. You all seem to forget that game 7 was an OT victory, it's not like you dominated us.</div>

Maybe the Kings have "heart" but they always find ways to do what they do best. Choke the game away in the closing minutes, and find excuses to why they lost instead of pointing fingers at themselves. Hmmm....we all seem to forget Game 7 was an OT victory? It wasn't like we dominated you guys? Well if some of your dellusional Kings fans are going to say you dominated Dallas even though most of the games went down to the wire, then I guess it's safe to say we dominated you guys too. I love you Kings fans. Please keep entertaining me. [​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting LoZo:</div><div class="quote_post">You squeaked by, you got the W and congrats you should be proud. But don't go around talking like we didn't take you to your limit. Because we know that you took us to ours, and we respect you for it, it made us a better team, it made me a better fan.</div>

Call it what you want...point is, we did the little things a championship team is supposed to do. We blocked out the 17,000 high decibel screams at Arco, we ignored the hideous sounding cowbells, and we played 53 minutes total to scrape out the win. It may not have been pretty, but it earned us a trip to the 2002 NBA Finals where eventually we won our third ring. I'm going to keep saying this, and you Kings fans can jaw at me all you want, but it comes down to this. The Lakers have 3 rings,(2000, 2001, and 2002) 14 as a franchise, and the Sacramento Kings have zero. BTW, do you want to count the Rochester Royals as the Kings' championship??

9. kingsguy26

kingsguy26 JBB JustBBall Member

Kings 1-0 over the T-Wolves and the Lakers down 1-0 to the Spurs. It may not be much of a lead or a deficit but it certainly proves a point. For those whose been runnin' their mouths about the Kings being the "Queens" and the Lakers being great champions and having 14 championships...yada, yada...what now? The Kings won on the road against the top seed in the West while the Lakers lost to a team which changed half its roster. All I can say is if their are "Quuens" in the NBA Playoffs, they're the LAKERS. Kobe has a QUEEN in Colorado, Malone and Payton gave out QUEENLY performances in Game 1 vs. the Spurs (I think 14 pts. combined?), and Shaq is the QUEEN motormouth!!! Hahahahahahaha!!!

10. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting kingsguy26:</div><div class="quote_post">Kings 1-0 over the T-Wolves and the Lakers down 1-0 to the Spurs. It may not be much of a lead or a deficit but it certainly proves a point. For those whose been runnin' their mouths about the Kings being the "Queens" and the Lakers being great champions and having 14 championships...yada, yada...what now? The Kings won on the road against the top seed in the West while the Lakers lost to a team which changed half its roster. All I can say is if their are "Quuens" in the NBA Playoffs, they're the LAKERS. Kobe has a QUEEN in Colorado, Malone and Payton gave out QUEENLY performances in Game 1 vs. the Spurs (I think 14 pts. combined?), and Shaq is the QUEEN motormouth!!! Hahahahahahaha!!!</div>
    The Lakers have a completely new roster from last season, too. It doesn't even matter, the core players are still on both teams. The Spurs played a better game and they are the best team in the NBA right now. They haven't lost in 15 straight games.

The reason the Kings have been winning is their commitment to defense. Doug Christie has been the catalyst for the Kings on defense, and they feed off his energy. He puts a lot of pressure on his man and forces a lot of turnovers, leading to easy fastbreak points.

I expect the series to be tied 1-1 after game two in both series.

The origin of the "Queens" came from their whining after they defeated themselves against the Lakers. Webber, Bibby, Vlade, and Adleman all cried about their loss instead of congratulating the Lakers and moving on with it.

11. kingsguy26

kingsguy26 JBB JustBBall Member

I guess the Lakers lost again. Too bad... they're in a deep hole right now, one which is hard to get out of, especially against the Spurs. The Kings, meanwhile are in a good position right now. They virtually negated the T-Wolves homecourt advantage with their Game 1 win. Even if Minnesota wins Game 2, the Kings still have a chance to go up 3-1 after the next 2 games at Arco. Man, I hope the Kings go all the way to the Finals.

The Lakers should just disband after they get swept by the Spurs. Yeah, that's a good idea. Phil should just retire and do a John Kerry, like he's been planning to, Kobe should find a new team, one wherein he'll be the TOP DOG, Payton should go with him and Malone should just quit trying to win a championship. I mean, Stockton got over it, and isn't 55 years of playing basketball enough? Oh, and as for the rest of team, they'll be reduced to a second rate team with an overweight man in the middle who plays basketball just because he's bigger than everybody else. Finally, the Clippers and the Warriors won't be the ones fighting for the title, WORST in California.

12. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

It was a tough loss, and you're right, the Lakers just might disband after the season is over. Losing in the second round is only going to be more of a reason for Kobe Bryant to leave and form his own legacy, or he might end up in jail. Payton & Malone have shown their age, and can't produce consistently at All Star levels in big games. Phil Jackson has appeared to have lost his edge, and I don't see the Lakers bringing him back if they continue to have a disappointing playoffs. The key to the Lakers future is going to fall on Shaq. Will he make a commitment to get in shape and regain his hunger to win another title? If he continues to insist on contract demands, being the man, and making threats to the owners, then it might be time to part ways with the Big Fella and reload the Lakers. The Laker body language was a bad sign tonight. They look defeated already and I wouldn't be surprised if they quit like they did last year. The "I don't care" attitude seems to be contagious amongst the Laker players, and it starts with the Big Fella.

It's still not over, but the Lakers have to play from behind once again. They've done it all season and some how managed to find a way to scratch and claw for a victory. However, the Spurs have denied them in two straight games. Next game is a must win.

13. MR_SAC_KING

MR_SAC_KING JBB JustBBall Member

Maybe it will Be the Kings Year...Maybe not(hopefully it will be)

But i'm impressed with the Kings season anyways

Either way the West will take the crown...i just don't see any East Coast teams doing it!!

14. Bez Koske

Bez Koske JBB JustBBall Member

^^Indiana has homecourt when they go to the Finals.

15. 30 standing ver

30 standing ver JBB JustBBall Member

The Kings do have an advantage over the Twolves. But it's still a ? how far will they go this season. Can't quite get a take on how this how good this team really is right now.

16. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

Lakers fans have nothing to talk trash about, espically when a 22 year old is dominating a veteran hall of famer.But so far the Kings at least contained an MVP.

17. MR_SAC_KING

MR_SAC_KING JBB JustBBall Member

I Don't care what anyone say's about the Kings,

As long as we continue to play the way we have been,it's all good

The Kings are still in it for now,so I Consider that to be a blessing,where other teams haven't EVEN Made it in the playoffs!!