Kings Offseason Central

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by stkf, May 11, 2005.

1. stkf

stkf BBW Member

Post your Kings Ideas, Rumors, Draft, Questions, and anything else about the Offseason here!

(Someone please Sticky This Topic)

2. GiantMidget

GiantMidget JBB JustBBall Member

I think its obvious that this teams goal is to win a championship.Anything else really isnt considered a worthy accomplishment for the Kings.With that said the Kings are going to need alot more balance in their style of play if they wish to win a championship.Looking back on all the teams that have won championships in the last 15-20 years you realize that they were all very well balanced teams.All good/great offensive and defensive teams.The year the Kings were at their best and were THE best they were very well balanced.Since then defense has gone out the window.Having 3 starters(Bibby,Peja,Miller) that are average defenders that dont possess any special athleticism makes it hard for this team to have a defensive identity. Guys like Evans,Skinner,and Jackson are the types of players the Kings need to add more of and give more playing time to.I hope Petrie realizes this this offseason and goes after striclty athletic defensively able players through drafting,trading and signing through free agency.

3. stkf

stkf BBW Member

Yes. I agree. They need to have a great offseason. Expect a good draft pick, one or two trades, and a couple signings. Also one thing that can help the Kings, is coaching change. The Phil Jackson to the Kings talk is heating up, and I love it. I think getting Phil, then adding a few players via trade/free agency, can really re-boot the Kings. They should keep Mike, Peja, and Brad, and go after a SG and a PF. Also, they need to become a deeper team.

4. KG-MVP

KG-MVP JBB JustBBall Member

Stojakovic needs to leave, he has really gone down in value the last season or two.
    And he defines a playoff choke, so thats been no good for this team.

5. GiantMidget

^If hes gone down at all its only been the past season,because in the 03-04 season he was the 2nd leading scorer in the league.I think Peja is pretty consistent in terms of production.He actually began to emerge from his shell this past playoffs,dropped 38 in the last game I believe.What needs to change on this team is 2 of the starters and unfortunately thats probably Mobley and Thomas.The other 3 starters are too vital to be traded or have their roles changed.The two dudes I mentioned changing are the only ones that possess any special athleticism along with defensive ability,but theyre both undersized.But who knows.Once Adelman or whoever figures out how the rotation should go,and IF they stay healthy(BIG if) we may find that the Kings already have all the pieces they need.All I know is Skinner and Evans will have to play more (especially Skinner,ALOT more..)if the Kings are going to have any chance at winning it.

6. GiantMidget

Actually,the Kings flat out MUST get another athletic shot blocking big man.

7. GiantMidget

Was bored earlier and had a trade idea. What does anyone think of trading Bibby to Chicago for Hinrich and Chandler?Kings lose the team leader and one of the clutchest players in the L.Kings gain some youth,athleticism,and alot of defense.I know its Bibby,but the Kings would fill a major defensive void and gain a rising star in Hinrich.Chandler and Skinner couldnt be messed with on the interior.Feedback...

8. stkf

stkf BBW Member

i doubt that would happen. it seems fair but neither team would.

9. GiantMidget

I think if the Kings kept the roster as is for next season theyd be successful(stay healthy).But i dont think theyd be able to win a championship.I think a trade needs to be made that would improve the teams defense and the only player that I think is untouchable is Brad Miller.Even Bibby can be traded for the proper 2 for 1 deal in my mind.

10. stkf

stkf BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GiantMidget:</div><div class="quote_post">I think if the Kings kept the roster as is for next season theyd be successful(stay healthy).But i dont think theyd be able to win a championship.I think a trade needs to be made that would improve the teams defense and the only player that I think is untouchable is Brad Miller.Even Bibby can be traded for the proper 2 for 1 deal in my mind.</div>
    i would like to see Kings Make a Trade. 2 for 1 for Bibby Seems Nice... maybe pick up a good SG too?

11. stkf

stkf BBW Member

personally, i think the kings should trade bibby

a good fit for sacramento would be a trade with memphis.

Kings Get: Jason Williams and James Poseyor/Stromile Swift
    Grizzlies Get: Mike Bibby and (if it is stromile) Corliss Williamson

any other ideas?

12. GiantMidget

If the Kings are unable to retain Bobby Jackson,sign Ronald Murray.

13. sactomofo

sactomofo BBW Member

why would they trade bibby back for J-Will. J-Will will take this team nowhere. The only reason that the Kings made the playoffs this year was because of Bibby and his clutch shot making. but thats just my opinion

14. GiantMidget

^No I agree.I definitely think Jwill would be a big step back .I could see trading anyone but Miller for the proper deal though.

15. stkf

stkf BBW Member

ya i understand, that would be a bad deal.. what was i thinking?

did you guys see Best Damn? What did Mobley say, i missed it!!

16. stkf

stkf BBW Member

well i was reading up on a dif forum and someone told me that he was asked 2 questions about the organization

1) Will he Opt Out of his contract ?
    his answer was probably yes, he wants to do what is right for his family, but loves sacramento. but again, will not re sign.

2) Will Phil Jackson Coach the Kings next year?
    he basically avoided the question, he sayd that he didnt hear about this stuff until last week, so he doesnt know what will happen

what do we do now with mobley gone?

17. GiantMidget

^Give all his minutes to Mo Evans.Please draft Charlie Villanueva.

18. stkf

stkf BBW Member

that would be the ****

19. GiantMidget

The Kings need one of the following players; Tyson Chandler,Charlie Villanueva,Stromile Swift,Steven Hunter.Villanueva can be drafted or Hunter can be had for cheap.Id swoop Hunter up if I were Petrie.

20. stkf

stkf BBW Member

those are great ideas.... i hope they do that