Kings Offseason Central

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by stkf, May 11, 2005.

1. sactomofo

sactomofo BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GiantMidget:</div><div class="quote_post">^Give all his minutes to Mo Evans.Please draft Charlie Villanueva.</div>
    word

or best case senario

sign and trade mobley for someone who can play defense on the perimeter.

maybe crazy ol ron ron

2. Zhone

Zhone JBB JustBBall Member

Hm, well Villanueva is unlikely to drop that low; he's considered a midrounder and has had a few nice workouts so far. It's possible, though. If you guys don't get him, what are you after? Shape's article pointed out a few possibilities, do you guys agree with them? Personally, I would go after a big man as well, perhaps Wayne Simien will be available at that point. Turiaf is very likely to be available, but is very raw. Frye is a good choice as one of the guys with real size in this draft, but he's supposedly going earlier. Hm.. not many choices for a big man, unfortunately.

If you're looking for a perimeter defender, I think the Kings could probably swing Trenton Hassell of the Wolves. The Wolves are looking to shake up, and while Hassell has a reasonable contract, if they can get someone good in return I don't think they're that attached to him.

Otherwise, you're going to have to reach for someone in the draft. A lot of defensive-minded players in the 2nd round, actually; you could find a gem.

3. stkf

stkf BBW Member

or if the Kings could try and get a 2nd rounder(early) to draft Turiaf or something else.

But i basically agree with Shape

4. GiantMidget

GiantMidget JBB JustBBall Member

Need to unload Corliss Williamson.Need to add Steven Hunter.Am I too high on Hunter?Ever since I saw him play in that game at cleveland Ive thought "this guy is/can be a monster".He was seriously dunking and blocking everything.Dude was foaming from the mouth.Nice size and athleticism,which is what the Kings are looking for.

5. stkf

stkf BBW Member

i like him, lets try to get him

6. Gametime?

Gametime? JBB JustBBall Member

man the Kings forum needs to be more active...where you at Kings fans?