King's Ranking in the West.

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by kb8gw32003, Sep 2, 2003.

1. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

Spurs, Kings, Mavs, Timberwolves, Lakers

Lakers - Only because there are too many questions right now with this Kobe case and I want to see Shaq on the court just to see what kind of shape he is in..if all is good, the Lakers will move past the Wolves, but I still don't see them caring about the regular season games too much, this team just needs to stay healthy for the playoffs so they can win it all.

2. Stockton

Stockton JBB

At the end of the regular season,

1. Spurs-They lost David Robinson and Stephen Jackson but added depth and still have Tim Duncan.
    2. Mavericks- A loaded team that does well in the regular season,all season, playoffs are different though.
    3. Lakers- Will start finding their game towards the end of the regualr season, but could end up anywhere.
    4. Timberwolves- Could get anywhere but it is a completely different team and basically are in the same scenario as LA.
    5. Kings- Still competitive but just falling behind the rest, key members of the team are aging and team is likely to get injuries.

3. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

Come on man. There no way that the Mavs will get a the 2nd seed. Last year was truly a fluke. And as we've seen, they slow down near the end of the year (maybe it was strategy), and the Spurs managed to pass them.

Mavs might not even have homecourt this year.

4. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

The Mavs are a great regular season team, they beat who they are supposed to beat nearly every night, like never losing to the East teams. Homecourt is a lock for the Mavs.

5. kingsbibbycwebb

kingsbibbycwebb JBB JustBBall Member

I ranked the top 5 like this:
    1. spurs-they are # 1 until they are knocked off
    2./3.kings/lakers- first I have to see how the lakers play as a team and how Miller, bibby,and peja play with out webber
    4.T-wolves- they improved there roster enough to get past the 1st round of the playoffs (but it depends who they play) but i dont see them beating the spurs, lakers or my kings
    5. Mavs- for one reason THEY TRADED NICK VAN EXEL!!!!
    Aslong as thekingsget Cwebb at 100% and he hashis supporting cast the laker, spurs, mavs, and T-wolves better watch out!!!!!!!

6. nkwu

nkwu JBB shoehead

My Take is

Spurs
    Lakers
    Kings/TWolves
    Kings/TWolves
    Mavs

I'm not sure about the LAkeshow because of Kobe...And I have yet to see them play as a team. Can all of them "gel" as a team

T-Wolves have the(and i quote) " Sick 6". Like the Lakers, I have to see them play. Do they have chemistry?

The Kings are still a good team. Age is a problem but not yet. As Long as Webber is healthy I believe they can be the team they "were".

I cannot see the Mavs being a 3rd seed or higher. The traded NVE(even though it turns out hes injured). They didn'tr lose much and aren't that changed. During Regular Season they will be who they are, one of the best, but IMO there are teams that can beat them if they are doing their thing right.