Kings trade Webber for Kenny Thomas

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by Da_Future_2k5, Feb 23, 2005.

1. harbingerofdoom

harbingerofdoom JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ksc6000:</div><div class="quote_post">Without Webber Kings might be a better regular season team, but in the playoffs, I really don't think they're going anywhere w/o C-Webb.</div>
    why?

The removal of Webber from this team opens the offense up a bit more and makes them a better team defensivly. It also makes them instantly better in the fast break area.

Dont get me wrong, I loved the way that webber was playing this year... but as you all know, I have said time after time that the defense the Kings were playing was going to be their undoing. At least this way the Kings have a chance to get back on defense and move the ball up faster.

The ONLY thing the Kings are really going to have to look at for someone to pick up is the assists. Webber was probably the best big man to pass the ball. No matter what else was going on with his game, he could pass better than any big man out there and better than most 1 & 2's. This is a team that relies on the assists and they are going to have to work hard to do something that just came naturally to Webber.

They have the offense to beat teams, that has not been a question at all this year and this move at least makes an attempt to fix the other side of the ball.

2. GiantMidget

GiantMidget JBB JustBBall Member

I agree with harbinger when he says the kings are going to have to step up with their ball movement.I get the feeling though that while having a premiere passing big man is ideal for the offense,aside from getting familiar with the team, it may not take much more than someone who can throw a rock in the ocean to be effective.

3. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

What are your early thoughts of this trade now? The Kings are 2-0 since they've had their new players in the lineup. Both Williamson and Thomas have done exactly what they are supposed to do. They've been grabbing boards and shooting a high field goal %. Bibby has really picked up his game for the Kings as well. I know a lot of Kings fans were not in favor of this trade originally, but has the 2 games so far changed your mind yet or are you still not sold that the Kings are better without C-Webb?

4. GiantMidget

GiantMidget JBB JustBBall Member

I enjoy the idea of the Kings not having the slowest defensive rotating player in the league.I guess I never noticed that the kings offense was somewhat hampered by Webber having so much involvement in it.I was blinded by his passing ability.Im only somewhat concerned about how the Kings will do in the playoffs.Sac had great success without Webber during the regular season last year but we never got to see what they looked like in the playoffs.