Kings vs. Sonics Playoff Round 1 Thread

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by stkf, Apr 21, 2005.

1. $Quan$

$Quan$ JBB JustBBall Member

I think the kings might win but it will be hard with out their Top center but i think they will pull it off

2. PejaForThree

PejaForThree JBB JustBBall Member

If we can leave Seattle with a win, I'll be very happy.

We only lost by six which is not a bad effort considering Bibby was poo. That won't happen again and just think about what will happen when Bibby gets going

3. Coolguy777

Coolguy777 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting PejaForThree:</div><div class="quote_post">If we can leave Seattle with a win, I'll be very happy.

We only lost by six which is not a bad effort considering Bibby was poo. That won't happen again and just think about what will happen when Bibby gets going</div>

You seem to be leaving out the horrid shooting of the Sonics..are you assuming we will shoot 20ish% from beyond the arc all series. Plus Lewis spent a lot of the game in foul trouble..another rarity.

4. GiantMidget

GiantMidget JBB JustBBall Member

The game Jerome James played was a rarity.

5. sactomofo

sactomofo BBW Member

^^^ Aparrently Not.

I have never been so ashamed to be a Kings fan in my entire life. Never. This is the worst play that I have ever seen. Down 34. 34. 34? Are you kidding me? Unreal. Peja has really stepped it up tonight with a glorious 9 points on 3 of 10 from the floor. He is Mr. Playoffs. I want Webber back. Bottom line. We are getting raped in the paint because we have no one to stop anyone. If Jerome James can hammer you, you have problems.

6. GiantMidget

Bottom line is the Sonics took care of business and protected their homecourt.Its what they were supposed to do.Vlad Rad isnt going to be making off balance fading to the left one handers from the free throw line in Sacramento.I think their homecourt has REALLY helped them so far and its going to be tough for Sac to try and steal one from them.Now its just up to the Kings to match Seattle and protect homecourt.No need to jump ship.Speaking of Vlad,whats wrong with him?Either he just got back from cancun or hes been spending way too much time with Danny Fortson.

7. Coolguy777

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GiantMidget:</div><div class="quote_post">Bottom line is the Sonics took care of business and protected their homecourt.Its what they were supposed to do.Vlad Rad isnt going to be making off balance fading to the left one handers from the free throw line in Sacramento.I think their homecourt has REALLY helped them so far and its going to be tough for Sac to try and steal one from them.Now its just up to the Kings to match Seattle and protect homecourt.No need to jump ship.Speaking of Vlad,whats wrong with him?Either he just got back from cancun or hes been spending way too much time with Danny Fortson.</div>

Vlade wont hit shots in Sacramento? I dont understand your point....we are one of the best teams in the league on the road so I dont think we will have any trouble shooting in Sacramento..unless u guys get on 1 of your runs when the building is really roaring....Arco is always so tough. They wont let Vlade wear a headband (weird teamrule) so he wears those...things lol.

8. Peja King

Peja King JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting sactomofo:</div><div class="quote_post">^^^ Aparrently Not.

I have never been so ashamed to be a Kings fan in my entire life. Never. This is the worst play that I have ever seen. Down 34. 34. 34? Are you kidding me? Unreal. Peja has really stepped it up tonight with a glorious 9 points on 3 of 10 from the floor. He is Mr. Playoffs. I want Webber back. Bottom line. We are getting raped in the paint because we have no one to stop anyone. If Jerome James can hammer you, you have problems.</div>

Well this isn't Peja's fault.. he''s not getting touches, and he's not that kind of player who always call for the ball and wants always the ball in his hands like Kobe, AI, Tmac, so his guards have to get him the ball and they aren't , yesterday Mobley and Bibby played selfishly, bibby was only trying to score not to be miserable like he was in game 1, and Mobley was being Mobley jackin up threes... Peja played excellent defense stopping Lewis and did a great job on the boards, but Bibby didn't wanna reward him by gettin him the ball.. a

as for Jerome James, i mean Adelman told he should do somethin else for a living, that basketball isn't for him, and he just wanna prove him wrong and im happy for him, Nobody can stop him except for Tag, but Tag is one damn lazy dude

The kings need to get an unselfish point guard to back-up Bibby, somebody like Jaric or Knight from Charlotte.. because Bibby and Bobby are shot first point guards

9. GiantMidget

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Vlade wont hit shots in Sacramento? I dont understand your point....</div>You dont understand because thats not what I said.

10. Bez Koske

Bez Koske JBB JustBBall Member

The Kings will not win this series. Like the Detroit-Philadelphia series, all the Kings need to do is compete.

11. j_a_d_e

j_a_d_e JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bez Koske:</div><div class="quote_post">The Kings will not win this series. Like the Detroit-Philadelphia series, all the Kings need to do is compete.</div>

Seattle-Sactown is bein compared to Philly-Detroit? whoa! I'm couldn't disagree more!I thnk other than the Bulls-Wiz,this(Sac-Seattle) is like the only "real" match up....

12. Bez Koske

Bez Koske JBB JustBBall Member

I did not mean to compare it that way. I just meant that Sactown needs to compete like the Sixers and not give up. However, the outcome is noticable. Detroit and Seattle advancing.

13. Coolguy777

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GiantMidget:</div><div class="quote_post">You dont understand because thats not what I said.</div>

Vlad Rad isnt going to be making off balance fading to the left one handers from the free throw line in Sacramento.

Thats an exact quote....

14. Coolguy777

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting j_a_d_e:</div><div class="quote_post">Seattle-Sactown is bein compared to Philly-Detroit? whoa! I'm couldn't disagree more!I thnk other than the Bulls-Wiz,this(Sac-Seattle) is like the only "real" match up....</div>

what about houston-dallas,celts-pacers, and SA and nuggets? those arent decent matchups? All series expriing closer gmaes then the Sonics-Kings.

15. cula

cula JBB JustBBall Member

nice to see the kings grab a win in the postseason and the new team. i am just wondering why adelman doesn't give skinner some more playing time, since miller is still getting back into it all.

16. GiantMidget

Im pretty pleased.Jerome James had another monster game and Peja once again shot poorly and the Kings still won by 12.

17. PejaForThree

PejaForThree JBB JustBBall Member

Pleased with todays win.
    Lol @ the guy saying he wants Webber back because we have no low post presence?Did Webber play low post ball. NEGATIVE.

18. Coolguy777

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GiantMidget:</div><div class="quote_post">Im pretty pleased.Jerome James had another monster game and Peja once again shot poorly and the Kings still won by 12.</div>

well its easy to see why Lewis and Peja are both playing so poorly....they are both former defensive players of the year arent they? [​IMG]

Really though you guys are doing an amazing job on lewis.

19. sactomofo

sactomofo BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bez Koske:</div><div class="quote_post">I did not mean to compare it that way. I just meant that Sactown needs to compete like the Sixers and not give up. However, the outcome is noticable. Detroit and Seattle advancing.</div>

The Kings are not in this series just to compete. They are in it to win it. If Brad Miller can stay healthy and play like he can, he should be able to bring some serious size and grit to the Kings down low. Miller is able to clog up the middle and stretch out the defense with his mid range game. If the Kings can win game 4 at home, I truly believe that they can win this series. They would have enough momentum to steal game 5 and win it in 6.

But I guess that we'll have to wait and see how it plays out.

20. sactomofo

sactomofo BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting PejaForThree:</div><div class="quote_post">Pleased with todays win.
    Lol @ the guy saying he wants Webber back because we have no low post presence?Did Webber play low post ball. NEGATIVE.</div>

#1 I wrote that during game 2 and it was totally clear that all the players picked up in the Webber trade were unable to do anything on defense because of their lack of size in the low blocks.

#2 Webber did not usually play post up ball but he had the ability to and would when the situation arose. The biggest problem in the first two games was that there was no one who could guard down low because of their size (which Webber had) and because the Kings were missing that one guy who would put the team on his back and at least try to gut it out. Webber always was that guy. He was always the unquestioned leader of the Kings and they are going through some growing pains in this series without that leader.

If you want an example, look at last year's series against Minny. Webber stepped up and almost got the Kings into the WCF's on one freakin leg. It's not so much his scoring that is being missed but his character right now. Peja always disappears in the playoffs and that is a fact. I'm not saying that I don't like him and I hope that he can shed that reputaion this year and take the Kings deep, but until then a fact is a fact. Look at his postseason numbers compared to his season numbers. Not even close. Don't get me wrong, we need Peja to be successful but if he wants to be treated and paid like a superstar, he needs to show up at crunch time like a superstar. Hopefully he can do it before this series is over.

And don't say that it is because he is being defended well and double teamed. Look at any big time player. Allen Iverson, Tracy McGrady, Kobe Bryant, Ray Allen, big time players make big time plays.

The good news is that Peja still has time to get that reputation. A win on sunday will go a long way.

Go Kings [​IMG]