Kings vs. Sonics Playoff Round 1 Thread

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by stkf, Apr 21, 2005.

1. cula

cula JBB JustBBall Member

good first half by the kings and a nice finish to the half with bibby's three. pedja is having a solid game so far lets hope he keeps up the shooting.

2. PejaForThree

PejaForThree JBB JustBBall Member

Pedja doing weeeeeeeeeeel. Bit angry we stuffed up the 17pt lead

3. GiantMidget

GiantMidget JBB JustBBall Member

Wow.Way to cough it up in a playoff game.Before the series i thought injury would be too big of a problem and would keep them from advancing.The kings just plain dont deserve to advance in the playoffs with the way they played this game.Oh well,still the only california team to be in the playoffs.

4. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Not over yet.

5. Bez Koske

Bez Koske JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting sactomofo:</div><div class="quote_post">The Kings are not in this series just to compete. They are in it to win it. If Brad Miller can stay healthy and play like he can, he should be able to bring some serious size and grit to the Kings down low. Miller is able to clog up the middle and stretch out the defense with his mid range game. If the Kings can win game 4 at home, I truly believe that they can win this series. They would have enough momentum to steal game 5 and win it in 6.

But I guess that we'll have to wait and see how it plays out.</div>
    Bla bla bla bla bla. I used to be like you. I used to be blinded for years. For 4 consecutive years, I've been blinded. The Kings suck so much and yet we as kings fans have no clue. They let Ray Allen put off a game that has everybody asking themselves, "Jordan Who?" This is why the Kings will never win anything until the roster is 100% different and the coach is different. You know your basketball team sucks when you have 3 all-star players in the lineup, yet two bench players are saying they have the most heart. I was watching the Sonics murder the Kings and I couldn't even be mad at them.

6. sactomofo

sactomofo BBW Member

Blinded? How did the Kings suck so much yet still made it further than most teams in the regular season and in the playoffs. I said all along that the Webber trade was a poor one and last night proved it. Brian Skinner didn't even get off the bench. Did you even read what I said? How was that blind? If the Kings had won last night they would have had an excellent chance of winning the series. All that they would have needed was a split in Seattle and a home win. That was very possible. But then they went out there and played a horrible second half and let Ray Allen do whatever he wanted. The Webber trade was supposed to bring grit and toughness to the team yet no one even laid a finger on Allen. I listened to Rex Chapman say all night "someone has to knock Ray Allen down" and for 4 quarters I kept thinking one of the gritty players will. But they didn't. And that is why I agree with your point. The Kings need to totally revamp their franchise. And it starts with Adleman. Everyone could see that the Kings needed to commit a hard foul on Allen, but he never called for one. He needs to go. Peja proved once again that he is unable to come through in the clutch. He had a great first half with 21 points but totally disappeared in the second half. It is very clear that the Kings will not make it back to the next level with their current team. They have no defenders and their front court is too small. The Mobley trade helped the Kings on offence (where we didn't need any help anyway) but it took away thier best one on one defender. And that was the difference in the series. Do you think that Doug Christie would have let Ray Allen do what he did last night? Sure, Allen would have gotten his points like any superstar but Christie would have done a whole lot more on defence and actually challenge Allen. Bibby should stay. Miller should stay. But for the rest of the team, major changes need to be made. And if you are going to change your allegience based on one game then the Kings do not need a fan like you. True fans stick with their team through the thick and the thin. We will see who the true fans are as some thin days will soon be returning to Sacramento.

7. xkrazykevx

xkrazykevx JBB JustBBall Member

Yes rick needs to go.....did u see him not double team ray on the post? ray on mobley one on one? i'll take that any day....

8. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Mobley trade helped the Kings on offence (where we didn't need any help anyway) but it took away thier best one on one defender. And that was the difference in the series. Do you think that Doug Christie would have let Ray Allen do what he did last night?</div>

Homie please, Christie couldn't have stopped Ray last night. He was hitting shots over everybody, even your center.

The Kings organization is constantly being asked if the window for a championship has closed, yet you are scared to admit that it has. You have gone through so many players, it's ridiculous you cant get to the finals.

This year you have no excuses, everyone's healthy. Yet now you are complaining about the fact that bad trades were made? Sad. Maybe you guys just need to admit that the Kings CANNOT GET IT DONE when it counts, EVER. You don't even dominate the regular season anymore, you couldn't even clench homecourt.

The Kings need to do the same that that the Pistons did with Carlisle, let your coach go. Just like Dumars said, there was only so far that Rick could take them, and the same thing applies with the QUEENS and Adleman.

I'll stick a fork in Sacratomato (as Seattle's T-man refers to them) because you're done.

9. GiantMidget

^The hate in your blood runs deep.And no the team is not healthy.Miller wears a brace on the leg that he broke that was supposed to keep him out until the second round.I think he had below average numbers in every game of this series.On top of that,Seattle is just a good team that stepped up and is playing really well.Anyhow,the Kings havent missed the playoffs in a while.Can you say the same for your team?Moreover unless youre a Spurs or maybe a
    Phoenix fan your favorite team isnt coming out of the west either.Keep your hate out of here next time lady.

10. GiantMidget

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">We will see who the true fans are as some thin days will soon be returning to Sacramento.</div>Half of that is true.I dont think we'll be seeing any thin days until Petrie's contract is up,which is 4 years away.

11. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GiantMidget:</div><div class="quote_post">^The hate in your blood runs deep.And no the team is not healthy.Miller wears a brace on the leg that he broke that was supposed to keep him out until the second round.I think he had below average numbers in every game of this series.On top of that,Seattle is just a good team that stepped up and is playing really well.Anyhow,the Kings havent missed the playoffs in a while.Can you say the same for your team?Moreover unless youre a Spurs or maybe a
    Phoenix fan your favorite team isnt coming out of the west either.Keep your hate out of here next time lady.</div>

Boy please......the Sonics have both Shard and Vlad who have just recently returned from injuries, but we aren't making excuses. Besides, Brad Miller had a helluva shooting night yesterday, so it doesn't seem like his "injury" is affecting him much.

Unlike your Queens, when we have injuries our other players step it up. I could care less about how many times you have made the playoffs, because you always end up getting owned. Everything having to do with your team is idiotic, they are trying to build around Peja for crying out loud!

If you think that I am hating, you are wrong, I am simply telling the truth. I realize that it hurts, but I'm not going to be kind when it comes to a team like this.

Have fun watching us while we're still playing in the second round Sacramento fans. Unless it hurts too much, in which case you can go play with a cow bell [​IMG]

12. stkf

stkf BBW Member

im so mad about last nights game... but look

49 DAYS!!

#23!!!!!

i cant want

13. sactomofo

sactomofo BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Jurassic:</div><div class="quote_post">Boy please......the Sonics have both Shard and Vlad who have just recently returned from injuries, but we aren't making excuses. Besides, Brad Miller had a helluva shooting night yesterday, so it doesn't seem like his "injury" is affecting him much.

Unlike your Queens, when we have injuries our other players step it up. I could care less about how many times you have made the playoffs, because you always end up getting owned. Everything having to do with your team is idiotic, they are trying to build around Peja for crying out loud!

If you think that I am hating, you are wrong, I am simply telling the truth. I realize that it hurts, but I'm not going to be kind when it comes to a team like this.

Have fun watching us while we're still playing in the second round Sacramento fans. Unless it hurts too much, in which case you can go play with a cow bell [​IMG]</div>

How many years in a row have the sonics made the playoffs?

Have fun next year when Ray Allen bolts for more money.

14. GiantMidget

Jurassic,the fact that you have to make more than one post about how "idiotic" the kings are in the same thread shows that you are a true hater.Dont let your hate for the Kings take over your life.There are things out there for you...you can be happy again.I sense another hate post from Jurassic coming.Kings>your life.

15. PejaForThree

Jurrassic come on. 1. We had plenty of injuries coming into the playoffs. Bibby, Miller, Peja, Skinner

2. Sure you can blame Peja for only putting up 6pts in the 2nd half but you have to realise our team only pu up somethign like 36 in the 2nd half. Hence no one did nothing therefore you can't singlehandidly blame the loss on him.

3. Ray Allen. We didn't let Ray Allen shoot like that, sure sometimes we could have defended better. Sometimes we defended him like a glove and he was till hitting shots. it was simply his night. I doubt even Doug Christie could have done all that much to stop him tonight.

But Hey sure you will probably beat us in this series and well done to you. I still wouldn't run my mouth at a team that has made the playoffs for somethign like 6 consecutive years.

16. sactomofo

sactomofo BBW Member

7 years [​IMG]

17. PejaForThree

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting sactomofo:</div><div class="quote_post">7 years [​IMG]</div>

Well there we go even more of a reason for you not to run your mouth Jurrassic.

18. GiantMidget

Didnt get to see the whole first half.Wheres Mobley?Havent seen Jackson play either.As hard of a time as Brad miller has had this season establishing himself in the post to get rebounds against seattle hes now a non factor in rebounding with his leg.Anybody know why Skinner cant get any PT?Seattle must have double digit scoring on second chance shots...and its only halftime.

19. j_a_d_e

j_a_d_e JBB JustBBall Member

not looking good for Seattle...I thnk the Kings aint done yet...Gotta extend this series a lil more...

20. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

Well now what do you have to say?

The Kings fall apart again! Peja pulled a major choke job in the fourth, and we out rebounded you 42 to 25, haha.

I would like to thank Brad Miller for the careless fouls and turnover late to help us win the game. We couldn't have done it without you. I would also like to thank Rick Adleman. Now we know what happens when you spend time complaining and sending video complaints to the league. Oh well, I'm sure Reggie Evans has a tissue for him.

It's funny, Chris Webber choked tonight too. Once a King always a King, choking in big games. 4-16 shooting! Are you guys still happy that you met Seattle in the first round? If the teams were really evenly matched you should have been able to win more than one game in the series.

The Kings are gone fishing. Owned.