Kings vs. Sonics Playoff Round 1 Thread

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by stkf, Apr 21, 2005.

1. GiantMidget

GiantMidget JBB JustBBall Member

I was right.Jurassic,you hate the Kings so much that instead of celebrating the sonics advancing you celebrate the Kings losing.Thats sad.I like the Sonics more than most teams in the playoffs,but they have NO shot at getting past SA.So,much like myself,your favorite team is going home too.

2. NuSpace

NuSpace JBB JustBBall Member

All in all, I still think that the Kings had the best chance against Seattle. Dallas, Houston, Spurs or Phoenix would've been more difficult match-ups for the Kings. All the other teams were completely healthy, aside from Tim Duncan's minor ankle injury, while Seattle had both Vlad and Shard hurting.

Seattle just did a great job of exploiting the King's lack of interior presence and bad defense. They kept penetrating the lane and grabbing offensive boards where as the Kings repeatedly settled for jumpshots.

And regarding C-Webb, he's been shooting poorly in practically every other game since going to Philly, so I can't see how his bad shooting in this game means he choked. Not only that, he's going against the Defensive Player of the Year Ben Wallace and his partner in crime, Rasheed Wallace.

3. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GiantMidget:</div><div class="quote_post">I was right.Jurassic,you hate the Kings so much that instead of celebrating the sonics advancing you celebrate the Kings losing.</div>

No you're wrong again. I'm not going to celebrate the Sonics advancing, because we have the potential to go farther.

Premature celebration is for guys like Tmac.

4. psheehy

psheehy Beaten down by the "MAN"

Bibby and Peja scared the hell out of me last night at the game. I couldn't even enjoy it sitting on the edge of my seat the whole game. Every lead got chipped away at, and then they couldn't get over the top once they fell behind. They get back on top and the Kings kept on scrapping. I think you guys have somethings to look forward to next year after seeing the heart it took to keep fighting and never give in. Every time Bibby or Peja caught the ball on the perimeter you could hear the crowd suck in its breath.

What is up with Brad Miller's attitude lately? He has been one of my favorite centers since he was with the Bulls, because I love how hard he plays. He used to be able to dish it out on both ends in the low post, but it seems like this year he has been griping and whining a lot. He's acting like he's turned soft, but I don't believe that. Is it just frustrations over the Webber/Peja feud followed by injury that has him acting this way? He griped every game he played against the sonics this year, was it just them or was he acting the same way against other teams?

5. GiantMidget

GiantMidget JBB JustBBall Member

Miller complains alot,its not just the Sonics.He does gripe alot especially against the Sonics though,mostly because of Fortson.He needs to just suck it up and rough up whoevers doing it to him instead of expect calls.Thats the only thing I dont like about Miller.
    I really didnt understand why Skinner hardly played in this series.With Miller obviously being far from 100% physically and Kenny Thomas only being 6'7 the Sonics exploited the hell out of Sac on the interior.I thought for sure before this series that Skinner was going to be important in minimizing the Sonics advantage around the basket and that he would see plenty of playing time.I guess Adelman didnt think so.

6. kingrex

kingrex JBB JustBBall Member

Tough loss for the Kings. As a Mavs fan, I've appreciated the play-off battles we've had against a great franchise. It seems they're doing the right thing building around Bibby and Peja.

I'm sure they will back in the play-offs after they've reloaded next season. Enjoy the rest of the playoffs.

7. Roland Hood

Roland Hood JBB JustBBall Member

How come Mo Evans was pinned to the bench except for last night? In Adelman's doghouse? Ray Allen still scored on him but he made it tough for him and is exactly the kind of defender that gives him (anyone) fits - tough, strong, physical, jumps, quick.

I won't hold the fact that he looks like Marbury against him, either.