Kirilenko?

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Montaman, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Kwan1031 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">What I am saying is that if there isn't a right deal, don't make a move. AK47 may be the 'best' PF available right now. But, as I mentioned before, AK47 doesn't necessary address our rebounding, interior defense and offense problem, which our new PF should address. Therefore, even after making that deal, we will still look for PF or center who can do all those. Also, the risk of AK47 is too big, and if things goes wrong, it will greatly damage this franchise for years to come. Really, if AK47 can't address any of our weakness, why make the deal? Especially when the risk is huge? If there isn't a right deal right now, don't make that deal until we find relatively a good deal with tolerable risk. If that's the case, our best chance to get a PF may be via draft...</div>

Yes we should wait for Kevin Garnett! He solves this team's needs.

2. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Kevin Garnett, Emeka, or Jermaine O'neil or nothing! [​IMG]

But I'd settle for Charlie V, Darko, or somebody if we don't have to give up much... as in Al Harrington and Pietrus. [​IMG]

Believe it or not, I'm with REREM on the POB matter. Give him more time! The last time we jacked around with a promising center, it definitely cost us.

3. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

I just read a Kirilenko article from the Salt Lake paper and the writer really chewed up Kirilenko as a crybaby who was pouting about too little role on offense-yet giving too weak of an effort to be much help on offense. They really felt that at his contract his trade value was zero.

He was calling for AK to grow up

Note.....Pietrus had more rbds than AK in an off the bench role.

4. REREM

I'd love getting Okafor...but we'd have a better shot at Josh Smith.

KG is such a gigantic contract----yet also is a GUY WHO EXPIRES SOON-AND CAN OPT IN JUST A YEAR.

We send out $22 mill in talent....and they likely make us keep Foyle. Worse...they desperately want to stick someone with Hudson-Jaric-Madsen.
    The Wolves probably THINK we cough up Biedrins/Ellis for a Rent-a-Stud....then "toss in" J Rich-Harrington as cap fill.....so we give 60 pts of our offense/rotation and get back 20...and the 20 is soon gone so what's left is T Hudson's untradeable butt.

5. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">REREM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I'd love getting Okafor...but we'd have a better shot at Josh Smith.

KG is such a gigantic contract----yet also is a GUY WHO EXPIRES SOON-AND CAN OPT IN JUST A YEAR.

We send out $22 mill in talent....and they likely make us keep Foyle. Worse...they desperately want to stick someone with Hudson-Jaric-Madsen.
    The Wolves probably THINK we cough up Biedrins/Ellis for a Rent-a-Stud....then "toss in" J Rich-Harrington as cap fill.....so we give 60 pts of our offense/rotation and get back 20...and the 20 is soon gone so what's left is T Hudson's untradeable butt.</div>

Well perhaps the Warriors and TWolves can come up with a compromise of Ellis/Biedrins/Harrington/Foyle/Sarunas for KG and Mark Madsen. However if Phoenix is offering Amare, then the Warriors may not even have a chance. I bet Minnesota would like to get Amare, legit fillers, and draft picks for KG. Amare and Foye may become a strong young duo to build off for the future.

But I also read that it's not just a writer who called AK47 to grow up, but someone high in the Utah front office and Sloan himself. I withdraw my previous support of trading JRich or Harrington for him. AK47 may give Baron Davis some Mike Dunleavy nightmares. Since Baron loves playing with both JRich and Harrington, I don't think that deal would really please him very well.

6. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Clif25 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Well perhaps the Warriors and TWolves can come up with a compromise of Ellis/Biedrins/Harrington/Foyle/Sarunas for KG and Mark Madsen. However if Phoenix is offering Amare, then the Warriors may not even have a chance. I bet Minnesota would like to get Amare, legit fillers, and draft picks for KG. Amare and Foye may become a strong young duo to build off for the future.

But I also read that it's not just a writer who called AK47 to grow up, but someone high in the Utah front office and Sloan himself. I withdraw my previous support of trading JRich or Harrington for him. AK47 may give Baron Davis some Mike Dunleavy nightmares. Since Baron loves playing with both JRich and Harrington, I don't think that deal would really please him very well.</div>

Actually the OWNER of Utah came out and outwardly chastized AK. THe GM then came out and tried to cool it down, saying he had no plans to trade the guy. It was almost like Mark Cuban coming out and saying something off the cuff, and then the GM trying to do damage control.

7. REREM

<div class="quote_poster">Clif25 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Well perhaps the Warriors and TWolves can come up with a compromise of Ellis/Biedrins/Harrington/Foyle/Sarunas for KG and Mark Madsen. However if Phoenix is offering Amare, then the Warriors may not even have a chance. I bet Minnesota would like to get Amare, legit fillers, and draft picks for KG. Amare and Foye may become a strong young duo to build off for the future.

But I also read that it's not just a writer who called AK47 to grow up, but someone high in the Utah front office and Sloan himself. I withdraw my previous support of trading JRich or Harrington for him. AK47 may give Baron Davis some Mike Dunleavy nightmares. Since Baron loves playing with both JRich and Harrington, I don't think that deal would really please him very well.</div>

You'd lose 10+ years-each of Ellis + Biedrins for a guess at whether KG stays 1 year or two?..toss in Harrington?

Minny has ZERO shot at Amare...who's another 10 yr cornerstone. Marion-like KG is just a 1+1 short-timer so that's comparable.

8. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Is there anybody from the NBDL that could fill in as a SF/PF if we can't stand having an AK47 contract or having to give up our entire youth for KG? What about Darius Rice? Anybody know about him? I was thinking if we can't find a star forward, at least we could take a chance on a Tim Thomas type of guy that could chip in points and fill in at either forward spot.

Darius Rice comes off the bench though, I wonder if that means anything. Heh. He's probably not that good or he's got only one dimension to his game.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/20070429/COLDAK/recap.html

Sounds like won the game playing the role of a set shooter like Fisher.

9. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    There was an article stating Utah isn't shopping AK-47. I'm not sure what they're going to get from him though. What he did during the playoffs when he was showcasing or what he did during the season. I assume they expect the playoffs. If not, then they'll be putting him on the blocks.

Regardless, the guy makes too much money and has a history of injuries. Better to look elsewhere.

10. REREM

AK47 may have to change his name to Daisy Air Rifle if he's a starter yet can't match the numbers Pietrus had as a 7th man. AK has 4 more years peaking at over $17,000,000

If he's become unable to focus or get motivated or is in a funk pouting over his role....do we REALLY need that? Utah ain't shopping him because at the moment what they get is a few ugly contracts. Nobody wants some guy on the bench with a Prozac buzz making $17 mill.

11. REREM

With 3 picks and 4 relatively good free agents to potentially keep-we won't likely look at low end FA's beyond the audition type like Roberson + Barnes were.
    Nellie had confidence in Barnes and He was quite effective in the playoffs.
    The highest we can go is the MLE and we'd hope for a bit less. Barnes was a guy who came a very long way from obscurity to having a better year than many of the lotto picks

Pietrus we may re-up if only to keep him from helping some West rival from getting better. The Spurs have 3 real standouts---then what? A very explosive guy like MP-who they'd probably do a nice job of refining-could extend the Spurs dominance. MP would be a step up for Denver or Utah-even with his flaws. We could match a Spurs offer-then trade Pietrus to the Raptors mid-season. Better yet...we might clean up the handful of chronic problems and find we have a very good player.