Knicks Fact or Fiction.

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by Knicks Analyst, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Knicks Analyst

Knicks Analyst JBB ? Israel ?

It's been all around JBB recently- Fact or Fiction!

I figure why not have one for the Knicks?

Let's start!

Allan Houston will play in more than 60 games this year- Fact or Fiction?

2. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

Fiction- He'll come close, playing 50something games IMO.

Fact or Fiction- Stephon Marbury starts at the all-star game

3. Knicks Analyst

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ObieCent:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Fact or Fiction- Stephon Marbury starts at the all-star game</div>
    Fact. Kidd will be out, Davis is in the west. It clears the way for Marbury to start, IMO. If those two were healthy and in the East then I'd say Marbury wouldnt make the team.

Fact or Fiction-Sweetney witll get 25+ minutes of playing time.

4. jbbDavid

jbbDavid JBB JustBBall Member

Fact. And he deserves it too. Sweetney has a great future.

Fact or Fiction:The Knicks will make it past round one, and win 2 or 3 games in round 2.

5. jbbPrimetime

jbbPrimetime JBB JustBBall Member

Fiction. As much as I would love to see that happen, I cant see the Knicks finishing in the top 4 seeds, and/or beating one of those teams, and also winning 2 games in the second round.... its still a stretch in my opinion.... but I hope I am wrong [​IMG] .... I see the Knicks getting 5-7 seed, and losing 6+ games in round 1 of the NBA Playoffs.

Fact or Fiction - Jamal Crawford will start more than 15 games this year?

6. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

Fact-Houston will be injured a lot of games and he may even start over him some games.

Fact or Fiction- Knicks win over 45 games.

7. Knicks Analyst

Fact. The Knicks ar currently a 48-52 win team. Especially in our weak division.

Fact or Fiction- Kurt Thomas will be a Knick after the Deadline expires.

8. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

Fact, most dependable big man on the squad imo.

F/F SAnderson so far hasn't gotten a decent shot at showing his potential.

9. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Fiction, Shandon had enough time to show his potential starting over the injured Allan Houston during the playoffs. In 29.3 minutes his FG% was 26%, his 3p% was 29%, and only averaged 4.3 ppg.

Fact or Fiction: Isaiah Tmomas find a way to get a decent center before the trade deadline

10. Grxmites

Grxmites JBB JustBBall Member

Fact he will probably get a decent center and trade kurt thomas before the deadline.....

11. Sex Panther

Sex Panther works every time.

Ask.
    why does no one ask a question anymore after answering, it's happened like more than 2 dozen times in all of the F/F threads.

F/F: Stephon Marbury will be the best point guard in the league (in terms of statistics), last year he was ranked top 5 (in stats once again; efficieny)

12. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Fact, Steph had the most assists last season and was .3 less with Jason Kidd in apg. Now with Jason Kidd banged up and the nets lost Martin I think that Steph will be the best Point guard in the league next season.

Fact or Fiction: Stephon Marbury will be on the all NBA First team next season

13. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting mrj18:</div><div class="quote_post">Fact, Steph had the most assists last season and was .3 less with Jason Kidd in apg. Now with Jason Kidd banged up and the nets lost Martin I think that Steph will be the best Point guard in the league next season.

Fact or Fiction: Stephon Marbury will be on the all NBA First team next season</div>
    Ficition. Marbury will not be on the first team imo there are to many guards over him in the league right now players like Jason Kidd, Steve Francis (although not by much), even Sam Cassel I would put over him just for the fundamentals he shows. Then there are players like Lebron who knows what position he will play although the cavs say it will be the swing man roll.

Then there is players like Mike Bibby although not better than marbury may have a break out year and also players like Tony Parker jsut really naming the guards that could be considered. If Marbury does make the first team which I dont think he will he will have some tough compatition also there is Billups finals mvp has he ever been on a nba all first team? This may be his year maybe.

F/F Knicks will lose in the first round this year in a seven game series. (Keep in mind the hornets had a pretty good team the last couple of years, but always lose because of the matchups they faced.)

14. jbbPrimetime

jbbPrimetime JBB JustBBall Member

Fiction... I love Stephon but I still think Kidd will be selected, I know people will say no more Kenyon Martin, but Kidd isnt a great pg because of one guy who runs the court and dunks, Kidd, can make passes to any of his team mates, his rebounding edge over Marbury will probably get him over, assuming their assits are relatively similar, along with team records....

Marbury in my opinion does have a strong shot at showing why he is a top 3 pg, but I think it will be All NBA Second Team and/ or Third Team selection.... Francis should go well out East, and Baron Davis is a very strong pg irrespective of the fact that he is out West.... but let the season play out, hopefully Steph is healthy, and can improve moreso on his game, and make the All NBA Team, but I say All NBA Second Team.

Fact or Fiction: The Knicks will remain a mediocre basketball team for as long as they have cap problems filled with old talent?

15. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

FICTION The Knicks are now surrounded with talent unlike last year. This year they will probably be the 3rd seed facing the likes of possibly the Celtics, or Nets. The hornets troubles were mostly due to injury.

Fact or Fiction: Tim Thomas will finally step up his game and lose his underachiever reputation.

16. Knicks Analyst

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting mrj18:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Fact or Fiction: Tim Thomas will finally step up his game and lose his underachiever reputation.</div>
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    (You know what that means). Need I say more? Most of you know how I feel about TT, I hate him to death. He says it every year "I really wannna improve."
    TT- Do us Knicks fans a favor and shut up and do some WORK!!! DO SOMETHING!

Fact or Fiction- Ariza will get some playing time this year.

17. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

Fiction- He'll probably get around 8 mpg behind Houston, Crawford, TT, and Penny.

Fact or Fiction- Knicks make it past 1st round of playoffs

EDIT: ahh, Pure Skillz posted that, heres another:

FOF-Knicks make a blockbuster trade before the season.

18. jbbDavid

jbbDavid JBB JustBBall Member

Fact - We're getting Shareef Abdur-Rahim for Allan Houston or Kurt Thomas as posted in the other thread, I believe this will happen.

Fact or Fiction - The Knicks will eventually regret trading Frank Williams.

19. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

Fact- Maybe not when Frank Williams is in Chicago, but he'll be good elsewhere.

Fact or Fiction- Knicks get home court advantage in the playoffs.

20. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ObieCent:</div><div class="quote_post">Fact- Maybe not when Frank Williams is in Chicago, but he'll be good elsewhere.

Fact or Fiction- Knicks get home court advantage in the playoffs.</div>

Haha, Iam guessing this is a tricky way of asking will the Knicks when the Alantic divison because the three divisional winners and the runner up in the central divison race between Pistons & Pacers will be the 4 teams with home court advantage. So to anwser your question, if the Knicks are in some way able to pull off the Reef deal without giving up Kurt Thomas then Fact on the Knicks winning the divison and getting homecourt advantage. I think a front court rotation of Reef, Kurt Thomas, Vin Baker, Sweetny & Jerome Williams really puts them over the edge in the Atlantic division. If their roster stands put, then the division is wide open.

Fact or Fiction- Lenny Wilkens lasts the whole season as Knicks coach even if the Knicks dont show any improvements early, after thier off season willing & dealing.