Knicks Fact or Fiction.

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by Knicks Analyst, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Tha Knick:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Fact or Fiction: With some motivation from the Collins incident in the playoffs, will TT get some drive and finally live up to his "potential"?</div>

Fiction: Tim Thomas has look to make excuses all his career for his lack of for fillment of his potential, blaming everyone from coach Karl to former teammates. Once a player has built up excuses that usually means they are content with the level they are playing at...which means the potential for motivation is probably gone.

Plus this team is going into a different direction then TT becoming a star. This team is centered around Marbury & Crawford in the backcourt. And seeing the developement of Mike Sweetney in the future. So thats the direction this team is going for the next sum odd years.

There will be much to do about nothing ,regarding Collins/Tim Thomas, the 1st time the Nets/Knicks meet this year. But It isnt good enuff to be something to motivate Tim Thomas thru out the entire year.

Fact or Fiction: Opening month of the season the Knicks have Western conference powerhouse's Minny & San Antonio on the schelude along with other top teams like Houston, Dallas, & Indy. But they also have some teams that many have considered pushover the past few seasons but have made some improvements during the off season, The Cavs, Hawks, & Clippers. So, Fact or Fiction: The Knicks finish the opening month of November above .500.

2. Tribute to H2O

Tribute to H2O JBB JustBBall Rookie Of The Month

Fact or Fiction: Opening month of the season the Knicks have Western conference powerhouse's Minny & San Antonio on the schelude along with other top teams like Houston, Dallas, & Indy. But they also have some teams that many have considered pushover the past few seasons but have made some improvements during the off season, The Cavs, Hawks, & Clippers. So, Fact or Fiction: The Knicks finish the opening month of November above .500. [/QUOTE]

Fact: If Houston is healthy at the start and I'm pretty sure he will there are very few teams if any that the Knicks cant beat. It's true that the pushover teams have made improvements(the Cavs didnt improve,they lost Boozer)but the Knicks have improved as well and the Western powers have either stayed the same or declined with the exception of Houston. So the Knicks will finish above .500.

F/F: The Knicks make it to the Eastern Conference Finals?

3. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Fact I think we are capable if we get a low post presence. Maybe if we get Abdur-Rahim or if sweetney is a starter and if he is that good to do the job.

Fact or Fiction:The Knicks will do better than the Liberty in the playoffs.

4. jbbPrimetime

jbbPrimetime JBB JustBBall Member

Fiction..... too much teams are still better than the New York Knicks, though they should make the playoffs, I question how deep they can go, I think the Conference semi-finals is a realistic view, but who knows, how many thought Detroit were going to win it all..... so maybe the Knicks can rally, but for now, I say Fiction.

A simple one....

Fact or Fiction: The Knicks will win their season opener?

5. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

I already asked that question but it's all good. Fact, I think they can beat the T'wolves. They beat them last year at the target center w/o McDyess and that old Ward, Houston, Van Horn Thomas and Mutumbo lineup. They also played with out McDyess. In fact if I remember correctly I think Mutombo dropped 18 points and 17 rebounds. But, the T'Wolves won at MSG and Sprewell had a huge game to beat us. Every game though was close. I do think the Knicks will be hungry enough to send a message for their season opener.

Fact or fiction: The Knicks will be a championship team next season in 2006 when Crawford develops into a solid shooying guard

6. jbbPrimetime

ohh sorry.... for repeating the question

Fiction:
    The New York Knicks will be in more trouble by 2006 unless they are able to trade away old players with large contracts..... The New York Knicks are too much over the cap, and have not enough size to be close to a ring yet.... though Mike Sweetney, Stephon Marbury, and Jamal Crawford look promising.... that is still not enough, and that could take longer than another year, though we can hope.

.... the New York Knicks for the next 2-3 seasons should be a playoff team with a midway seeding, and a team that wont go further than the second round..... unless this contract situation can be cleared up....

I think a good way to compare, is Isiah to ohh lets say the Phoenix Suns.... they were struggling so they moved Stephon Marbury, huge loss.... they sucked for a year, as they aimed at the future, whilst the New York Knicks snuck into the playoffs..... but ohh how much can change in one year....
    The Phoenix Suns now have a very promising line-up despite thier C position..... and are geared towards a promising future....

Isiah wanted to win now, and he did, but the contract situation which he brought with that, is going to limit what the New York Knicks are able to do, thus leaving them a second round playoff team at best for the next few seasons in my opinion..... whilst the Phoenix Suns just need a C in the free agency, (something the Knicks will not be taking part of) and they can become a team poised to make an adequate championship run.

So I think its going to take alot more than Jamal Crawford developing for the New York Knicks to make a run at the Finals.

Fact or Fiction: The New York Knicks will do better than mentioned above. They will be more than a second round team for the next few seasons.

7. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

I think the Knicks are capable and will surprise us and make it to the conference finals the a couple of times or at least once in the seasons to come. Who expected the 99 Knicks to make it to the NBA Finals? As an 8th seed too!

Fact or Fiction: My prediction of Szcerbiak becoming a Knick will hold true

8. jbbPrimetime

Fiction

Mostly on the part that I hope they dont get him, I see no reason, unless Isiah has plans on moving Allan Houston and Wally would be a great replacement, but alot of these trade ideas are over rated, and over the top with speculation. But I guess you dont really know for sure, but that being said, I say fiction I dont think Wally will be wearing a New York Knick Jersey 'this' season.

Fact or Fiction: Tim Thomas will have an exceptional year and prove he is better for the job than Keith Van horn was.

9. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Fact, Isaiah brought in a more athletic player however he just didn't work to his potential. I think this will be a breakout year for him. He did show some flashes last year. Like being instrumental to that 26 point rally vs. the Bucks, and dunking on Dalembert.

Fact or Fiction:Sweetney is better than Kurt Thomas

10. TnNeG

TnNeG NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Fiction, as of now sweetney is only progressing, but in time he will become better then KT.

Fact or Fiction: Shandon Anderson will be gone before the season starts?

11. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Fiction: Isaiah is waiting for a trade offer for a little while before he waives him. So, Anderson will be here for little while longer. He will be gone before the deadline though.

Fact or Fiction: Allan Houston's health is the X factor for the Knicks

12. jbbPrimetime

I think now, as I get a better feel for this team and understand where they want to go, I believe the X Factor is the intangible, that being 'team chemistry'. If the Knicks can play together, share the ball, and play 'team' basketball despite their large contracts and ego's I am quietly confident about this team.

Allan Houston is a key in terms of keeping a consistent outside shot throughout the season, as I see him as that type of NBA player. A healthy knee means a healthy Allan Houston which means (hopefully) consistent outside shooting, that being said I don't think that is the factor which can get the Knicks through what seems like a tough NBA season.

For me I am saying its team chemistry, keeping all these players happy is the main task in my opinion. Good team chemistry = good team work = team basketball = successfull basketball, which could mean a shot at the trophy. Call it wishful thinking, but like I said I am quietly confident about the New York Knicks this season.

Fact or Fiction: The New York Knicks will win a championship as Stephon Marbury as their PG.

13. Tribute to H2O

Fact: Call me optimistic but I'm getting the same feeling I got from the 99 Knicks. I wouldnt rule out a championship next year. Or even this year. I dont think any team has as much firepower as we do from our guard positions. And then there is more points from the Thomases. Our bench is deep. Sweetney is getting a post up game. Ariza looks special. Penny brings veteranship, versatility and more points. We have a brand new up tempo game. Were almost definetely going to the Eastern Conference Championship to face the Pistons providing were healthy.And I feel good about the chances this Knicks team has. Call me optimistic(or insane) but this team can go places despite their sorry center position.

Fact or Fiction: The Boston Celtics are the biggest threat to the Knicks in the Atlantic.

14. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

Fact, as it stands. I think that the Raptors have a chance to be a bigger force, depending on how often Vince decides to bring it, and how quickly Araujo develops. Also, pending a blockbuster trade.

F/F: Marbury will dish out 10 dimes/game.

15. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Fact. The acquisition of Crawford will help Steph find someone to pass it to more often. Also since coming to NY he has been averaging I think 9 or 10 apg.

Fact or Fiction: Houston will have a similar season to 02-03

16. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting mrj18:</div><div class="quote_post">Fact. The acquisition of Crawford will help Steph find someone to pass it to more often. Also since coming to NY he has been averaging I think 9 or 10 apg.

Fact or Fiction: Houston will have a similar season to 02-03</div>

Fact. Stephen A Smith was on the radio here in NYC, and he said doctors say that Allan Houston injury will never completely heal, which means he will probably end up missing 20+ games again this year. And he will never have the lift he once had on his jumper,again.

Fact or Fiction: Trevor Ariza will have an every game,above 10-15 minutes per game role in the knicks rotation.

17. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Fact, Wilkens and many Knick fans like what they see. With some playing experience and time who knows how good he'll be? BTW the 02-03 season was 2 years ago when H20 had those 2 50 point games.

Fact or Fiction: This season Tim Thomas will give a dunk nastier than he did on Dalembert.

18. TnNeG

TnNeG NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Fact, he has some potential to dodamage, he justs needs to learn how to put that all together.

Fact or fiction: Will Tim Thomas retaliate on K-Mart this season?

19. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Fiction: Tim is smarter than that but I do think when we play Denver he will go at him. Hopefully they don't intentionally give eachother hard fouls and stuff. I do hope Tim dunks on Martin though.

Fact or Fiction: Tim and Nazr will make Isaiah's KVH and Doleac trade look good.

20. Tribute to H2O

You know where I stand on this so I'll let someone else answer that....