Knicks-Nuggets brawl

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by jkidd51524, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Something-To-Say

Something-To-Say BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BALLAHOLLIC? @ Dec 17 2006, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Eh, You have your opinions and I have mine. The odds of you getting injured in a blowout is rare. Nobody is playing with full intensity.</div>So doesn't that go against what you JUST SAID?

2. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

Not really...

3. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Eh, You have your opinions and I have mine. The odds of you getting injured in a blowout is rare. Nobody is playing with full intensity.</div>Are you kidding me Tony? It's called risk, the odds may be low but no smart coach risks that chance of a starter getting hurt. That's why most of the time, coaches pull their players. I hope your not trying to justify what your saying because it's the Nuggets were talking about.Also, just wanted to add Tony, look at the risk Karl just took leaving his starters in. Their suspended for a good amount.

4. ReppinTheD

ReppinTheD BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BALLAHOLLIC? @ Dec 17 2006, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Eh, You have your opinions and I have mine. The odds of you getting injured in a blowout is rare. Nobody is playing with full intensity.</div>uhh Yeah - the chances of getting injured are actually probably higher when you see JR doing these crazy dunks and rubbing the win in the knicks faces. When Collins pulled down JR, JR could have landed the wrong way - there's an injury for you - anything could happen, you can't say it's rare because it's happened many times.

5. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

Many times? How many times do we see someone get injured because they stayed in the game after a blowout? I'm done with this thread. I made about 50 posts in here :beee:

6. mavsfan1000

mavsfan1000 BBW Elite Member

I blame Smith for this whole thing because he overreacted from the start. Whatever happened after that was initiated by Smith. I blame Ben Wallace for the other brawl as well. Unfortunately the one that initiates doesn't always get the heaviest penalties.

7. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mavsfan1000 @ Dec 17 2006, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I blame Smith for this whole thing because he overreacted from the start. Whatever happened after that was initiated by Smith. I blame Ben Wallace for the other brawl as well. Unfortunately the one that initiates doesn't always get the heaviest penalties.</div>Let's blame the guy who gets the hard foul, All he did was use verbal actions against Collins. Nate Robinson is the one who started pushing and throwing punches. Don't be ridiculous.

8. mavsfan1000

All that crazy stuff afterwards happened all because Smith didn't have a cool head to start with. It was a hard foul but he didn't have to act that way.

9. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Many times? How many times do we see someone get injured because they stayed in the game after a blowout? I'm done with this thread. I made about 50 posts in here :beee:</div>Well like I stated we see what happens when you do take the risk, now your boy Melo and Smith are likely suspended for a couple games. Great job by Karl in playing those guys in the meaningless waning minutes. If your way of saying playing those guys in those minutes are to show no mercy. That to me is not smart and goes against any knowledge of basketball. Coaches are presented with a opportunity to rest and prevent any risk of injury, and your telling they should not take it and play their players to raise the score. Excuse me if I don't see how your logic makes sense to me.

10. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>All that crazy stuff afterwards happened all because Smith didn't have a cool head to start with. It was a hard foul but he didn't have to act that way.</div>Yes, He did need to act that way. When you're a young player having a breakout season the last thing you need is somebody trying to take you out and risk major injury. That's something serious to deal with. He could have ended Smiths season.Watch the video, JR Smith starts backing up and getting away from the situation. Then Jared Jeffries goes after him towards the end. He tried to avoid the situation of it started getting under control then Jeffries started going after him again.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHI2HYE2J0A2:04- JR Smith is backing up getting out of the situation.- Then off camera Jefferies goes after Smith.2:12- You see Nuggets players getting Jefferies away from their bench.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Well like I stated we see what happens when you do take the risk, now your boy Melo and Smith are likely suspended for a couple games. Great job by Karl in playing those guys in the meaningless waning minutes. If your way of saying playing those guys in those minutes are to show no mercy. That to me is not smart and goes against any knowledge of basketball. Coaches are presented with a opportunity to rest and prevent any risk of injury, and your telling they should not take it and play their players to raise the score. Excuse me if I don't see how your logic makes sense to me.</div>That's my opinion, I don't the the risk is high enough to have a major injury so I am taking it. I'm sorry you don't feel the same way that I do.

11. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

brawlllllllllllllllin

12. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Yes, He did need to act that way. When you're a young player having a breakout season you don't want somebody trying to take you out and risk major injury. That's something serious to deal with. He could have ended Smiths season.</div>I don't get why your justifying his actions. He's getting a suspension for a reason.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>That's my opinion, I don't the the risk is high enough to have a major injury so I am taking it. I'm sorry you don't feel the same way that I do.</div>Good for you and I have my opinion to call yours a bad one(this situation only enforces it). And most coaches will agree, which is why you see many coaches pull their players in a blowouts rather then stick it out. It makes no sense to keep them in, which is really what boggles my mind. What positive is there in keeping your players in to play meaningless minutes Tony? Running up the score does nothing but increase their scoring averages, big fricken deal.

13. ReppinTheD

ReppinTheD BBW VIP

It's obvious that Tony is a huge Nuggets homer. :wink:that's why he's defending his actions.

14. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

I'm not praising his actions, It's common sense that he didn't instigate the problem like Mavsfan stated. That's all I was saying. I said I understand where he was coming from getting angry because of the hard foul.

15. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>It's obvious that Tony is a huge Nuggets homer. :wink: that's why he's defending his actions.</div>I have to agree after this topic. I mean no one is this brawl should be justified in any way. They all played their part, all deserve blame.

16. mavsfan1000

I blame both sides but Smith and Melo are the ones that I think deserve the biggest penalties. The Knicks deserve some penalties as well though. I don't care for either team but I am just saying from a neutral stance what I think.

17. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BALLAHOLLIC? @ Dec 17 2006, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I never praised Carmelo for punching Collins, I stated numerous times that it was classless and stupid. You act like it's Carmelo's fault that Mardy Collins didn't defend the punch. That's his problem.Again, It's not running away. It's common sense to run back and get into position. He had 3 Knicks players chasing after him. What do you expect.</div>Why do you think Collins didnt defend the punch? Because he never saw it coming. ANd you go on about getting ready to fight after Melo ran down the court. Melo never got ready to fight when he punched Collins, he just gave him a shot when he didn't see it coming.True, but his teammates were coming with him too. They would have defended him. It's not right to punch someone and run away. If you punch someone, you better expect some return jabs, and you should just continue the fight instead of running away like a little girl.

18. LAZY

LAZY BBW Elite Member

Thanks Carmello...Najera time :brucelee:

19. wade2shaq93

wade2shaq93 BBW Elite Member

Nate Robinson had a nice tackle, the Dolphins should sign him as a defensive back atleast he would be able to bring the recievers down unlike the rest of their secondary...Didn't it look like JR Smith and Nate Robinson were dancing before they fell?And 'Melo wins "bi*ch Slap of the Year" award lolAbout 'Melo running away, wouldn't you back up if atleast two people were running at u lol....Im not gonna act all tough because I know I would

20. ReppinTheD

ReppinTheD BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wade2shaq93 @ Dec 17 2006, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Nate Robinson had a nice tackle, the Dolphins should sign him as a defensive back atleast he would be able to bring the recievers down unlike the rest of their secondary...Didn't it look like JR Smith and Nate Robinson were dancing before they fell?And 'Melo wins "bi*ch Slap of the Year" award lolAbout 'Melo running away, wouldn't you back up if atleast two people were running at u lol....Im not gonna act all tough because I know I would</div>[​IMG]hah - yes they do lol. Nate has his hand on JR's back, and Jr is holding Nate's hand.