Knicks-Nuggets brawl

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by jkidd51524, Dec 16, 2006.

1. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Dec 17 2006, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Why do you think Collins didnt defend the punch? Because he never saw it coming. ANd you go on about getting ready to fight after Melo ran down the court. Melo never got ready to fight when he punched Collins, he just gave him a shot when he didn't see it coming.True, but his teammates were coming with him too. They would have defended him. It's not right to punch someone and run away. If you punch someone, you better expect some return jabs, and you should just continue the fight instead of running away like a little girl.</div>It's Collins fault he didn't block the punch, Maybe if he had a quicker reaction then he wouldn't have got knocked on his ass.

2. LAZY

LAZY BBW Elite Member

Ok, Balla you're just being a Melo homer. Its like your blaming it on Collins that Melo slaped him. You cant blame Collins because he had a slow reaction. I dont even think God would have had a quicker reaction

3. Something-To-Say

Something-To-Say BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LAZY @ Dec 17 2006, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ok, Balla you're just being a Melo homer. Its like your blaming it on Collins that Melo slaped him. You cant blame Collins because he had a slow reaction. I dont even think God would have had a quicker reaction</div>I don't even think Collins saw it coming.

4. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Dec 17 2006, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Why do you think Collins didnt defend the punch? Because he never saw it coming. ANd you go on about getting ready to fight after Melo ran down the court. Melo never got ready to fight when he punched Collins, he just gave him a shot when he didn't see it coming.True, but his teammates were coming with him too. They would have defended him. It's not right to punch someone and run away. If you punch someone, you better expect some return jabs, and you should just continue the fight instead of running away like a little girl.</div>Melo and Collins were talking smack and then Carmelo punched him. I bet you anything that you dont know what they were talking about. My point is that the arguement that they were having could have made Carmelo want to punch him. I would hardly call it a cheap shot considering they were jawwing for like 10 seconds. I would run away if I saw 2 guys from the other team running at me. Look at NYKfan's avatar and you will see that both Robinson and Jeffries were both running at him. If I had two guys from the other team running at me, I would run away as well.

5. LAZY

LAZY BBW Elite Member

S2S I agree. Collins didnt expect it. Because before Melo went to slap he was being held back by a black guy in a suit(Maybe an assistant coach) Also Najera was holding back Collins, its happend right after Collins walked passed Najera. Very spur of the moment to have a reaction to block or anything

6. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ballerman2112 @ Dec 17 2006, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Melo and Collins were talking smack and then Carmelo punched him. I bet you anything that you dont know what they were talking about. My point is that the arguement that they were having could have made Carmelo want to punch him. I would hardly call it a cheap shot considering they were jawwing for like 10 seconds. I would run away if I saw 2 guys from the other team running at me. Look at NYKfan's avatar and you will see that both Robinson and Jeffries were both running at him. If I had two guys from the other team running at me, I would run away as well.</div>Again, his teammates were there to help him if the 2 Knick players got to him.

7. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mavsfan1000 @ Dec 17 2006, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I blame both sides but Smith and Melo are the ones that I think deserve the biggest penalties. The Knicks deserve some penalties as well though. I don't care for either team but I am just saying from a neutral stance what I think.</div>I agree Melo deserves a heavier penalty, but not smith. I think Robinson deserves as much as anyone, sans melo. Smith stood up after a flagrant foul, then nate robinson had to be his punk self and get into the middle of it. He shoved smith first. He escalated it, then smith retaliated.I'm really, really tired of nate robinson. He's just a punk that starts sh*t with every one of his opponents. Some one needs to shut him up already.

8. Opal

Opal Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mavsfan1000 @ Dec 17 2006, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I blame both sides but Smith and Melo are the ones that I think deserve the biggest penalties. The Knicks deserve some penalties as well though. I don't care for either team but I am just saying from a neutral stance what I think.</div>Why? Marty Collins was the one who started it all with the flagrant foul. Then him and JR went at it while Nate tried breaking it up. Then Nate went crazy and tackled JR and started to try and fight him. 'Melo threw one punch. I think Marty and Nate deserve the biggest penalties. BTW I have the fight on DVR, so I watched the fight at least 10 times today. :dribble:

9. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

Nate never tried to break it up. He was the one who started yelling at JR Smith and putting his fists up like he wanted to fight. He might have even taken a shot at Smith first (I can't recall off the top of my head, so I'm not 100% sure), which caused Smith to jump at him.Nate Robinson played just as big a role in instigating the thing as Collins did.

10. mavsfan1000

mavsfan1000 BBW Elite Member

You forgot the part where Smith went bizerk. His reaction alone made it a brawl. Sure he got fouled hard but it's not the first time someone got fouled hard and usually they have some words or walk away.

11. Opal

Opal Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMo763 @ Dec 18 2006, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Nate never tried to break it up. He was the one who started yelling at JR Smith and putting his fists up like he wanted to fight. He might have even taken a shot at Smith first (I can't recall off the top of my head, so I'm not 100% sure), which caused Smith to jump at him.Nate Robinson played just as big a role in instigating the thing as Collins did.</div>It looked kinda like he did at the beginning. I don't know though. I have a feeling the suspensions will be long because of Stern and all his no tolerance and wanting to improve the image of the NBA sh*t.

12. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mavsfan1000 @ Dec 18 2006, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You forgot the part where Smith went bizerk. His reaction alone made it a brawl. Sure he got fouled hard but it's not the first time someone got fouled hard and usually they have some words or walk away.</div>Yes, Smith played his role in escalating the situation as well, but there are a lot of players that would have reacted the same way he did if they were fouled that way... it's just a natural reaction to pop up and say some things to your opponent when you think they took a cheap shot or committed a dirty foul.

13. Something-To-Say

I don't know how you're defending Melo, BALLA. He's been on a video telling people to resist police, he's been caught with marijuana in his car, and now this. He's just an annoying pot smoking thug.

14. Opal

Opal Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Something-To-Say @ Dec 18 2006, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I don't know how you're defending Melo, BALLA. He's been on a video telling people to resist police, he's been caught with marijuana in his car, and now this. He's just an annoying pot smoking thug.</div><u><span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%">CHANGE</u></span>Simple as that, he is going to be a dad soon, he has changed his act.

15. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Something-To-Say @ Dec 18 2006, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I don't know how you're defending Melo, BALLA. He's been on a video telling people to resist police, he's been caught with marijuana in his car, and now this. He's just an annoying pot smoking thug.</div>I hate to say this but I somewhat agree with S2S. [​IMG] But I can understand Tony defending the star of his team. I do the very same thing all the time defending Kobe weather he was right or wrong. That is just the way it is.

16. Something-To-Say

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Camby23Land @ Dec 18 2006, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><u><span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%">CHANGE</u></span>Simple as that, he is going to be a dad soon, he has changed his act.</div>I'm still waiting for T.O and Stephen f*cking Jackson to change. Melo's not going to change. Just because he's going to have a kid doesn't change him. I'm actually quite worried for his kid.

17. iFR3SHi

iFR3SHi BBW Elite Member

Anyone see the video on espn.com? Isiah Thomas warned Marcus Camby and Melo. "Don't go under the basket". Isiah is just plain retarded for saying that.

18. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pinoy Balla @ Dec 19 2006, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Anyone see the video on espn.com? Isiah Thomas warned Marcus Camby and Melo. "Don't go under the basket". Isiah is just plain retarded for saying that.</div>Isiah Thomas is an idiot....Telling his team to purposley hurt the opposition just because you are "embarrassed". I wish he would get fined for a long period of time. What an idiot....