Knicks/Nuggets Brawl

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by Mr. J, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Notorious

Notorious JBB Fear is Death

<div class="quote_poster">NTC187 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG]</div>
    The score looks like its fake, it looks like it was added on in a video editing program
    <div class="quote_poster">Mag Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Everyone loves Steve Nash.
    Dwight Howard just looks scary.
    Kobe Bryant might give the refs a "dirty stare."
    Karl Malone would fly out of the stands and kung-fu kick someone.
    And the Spurs would all fall on the floor before the first punch, God bless those Floppers.</div>
    [​IMG] LOL[​IMG]
    <div class="quote_poster">kobimel Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG]

LMAO @ Melo's face.</div>

Yeah, he looks like that cause hes being CHOKED, how is that funny?

2. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Locke Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I don't know if this has been discussed and I'm too lazy to go back through 10 pages of the thread, but does anyone else think George Karl is at fault? The Knicks were up 19 with a minute to go, yet Carmelo, JR Smith and Andre Miller were all in the game? When this is at MSG, no less. It just seems like Karl was rubbing it in, and JR Smith's showboating is definitely not professional. It's reasonable, then, in that context, why the Knicks were frustrated. You're getting run off you're gym floor in a game that's already over, and the other team's best players are making flashy plays against your backups.</div>

i was thinking the same, both isiah and karl seem to be culpable in this. first, according to published reports- isiah commanded his players to foul hard in the paint and if Karl was keeping his stars in to embarrass the knicks for his buddy larry brown, he should be held responsible as well. i say five games apiece; the nhl as u know disciplines coaches in hockey brawls, don't see why its different here. nevertheless, i hope melo misses 20+ games, regardless of what chris sheridan says.

3. Beat

Beat JBB JustBBall Member

Its a shame the game ended that way.

4. kingjames23_84

kingjames23_84 JBB JustBBall Member

yeah i was flippin around games and as soon i turned on the knicks-nuggets game i just happened to see the whole brawl. i don't think JR Smith should of reacted that way. personally i think that guys way too cocky. he shows off way too much, and whenever he makes one three he attempts like 5 more. but i also think nate robinson and melo really made it worse.

P.S. waht about guys like wilt chamberlain or shaq (hack-a-shaq)? if they were to react like that everytime they got fouled hard they'd of had so many suspensions

<div class="quote_poster">Karma Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">LMAO I think this is the 2nd post I've seen of you where you continously repeat the same words over and over throughout a paragraph. That has to be a record for the most times I've seen the word "fight" in a paragraph.</div>

[​IMG]

5. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">lol, Eduardo Najera would've been the last person I would've expected to get caught up in all of this.</div>
    He was just holding guys back...

6. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

I have to applaud the security at the Knicks game for keeping the crowd out of it. If you notice in the video, that's the first thing the authorities at the game try to do. Good job on their behalf.

About the actual fight though, I've lost a lot of respect for Carmelo Anthony. Typical "thug," sucker-punching a guy and then running away. This is probably the first physical conflict the guy's ever been in.

7. a13x

a13x JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">NTC187 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I dont understand what you're trying to say, but what Schaddy said is what I was talking about. He just seems to me to be more interested in maintaining a "hood" image rather than how he performs on the court.

[​IMG]</div>

Lol, i knew that was going to come up eventually !! I was trying to find that but it had some difficulty. Props for that one. That has to be the most screwed up dance i've ever seen. The score at the end is super imposed but it's still funny.

8. phunDamentalz

phunDamentalz JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Locke Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I don't know if this has been discussed and I'm too lazy to go back through 10 pages of the thread, but does anyone else think George Karl is at fault? </div>not at the same level. gamesmanship without physical harm or risk of injury is one thing. dangerous fouls and punches that's the next level up. so what if he did keep Melo and JR Smith on the floor in the final minutes? is that illegal or something? no.

9. Pakman

Pakman JBB ITS ON ME!!!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Knicks? already struggling season reached a new low last night when a brawl erupted in the closing minutes of their game against the Denver Nuggets. All 10 players on court at the time were ejected as the fight spilled into the front row at Madison Square Garden.

Carmelo Anthony, the N.B.A.?s leading scorer, was one of those ejected. The fighting was the ugliest in the league in two years, since a memorable and frightening brawl when players for the Indiana Pacers went into the stands to fight Detroit Pistons fans.</div>

Source

Yup, it had to do something with George Karl keeping the starters in.

10. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

Man I dont care what you guys think but the funnies part was Nate Robinson bucking at Melo after Melo got that cheap shot. Nate Robinson is a little punk. He was trying to act like he was big daddy. He slapped Melo and then tried to fight J.R. Smith. Then he was trying to mess with everyone. [​IMG]

11. Karma

Karma The Will Must Be Stronger Than The Skill

lol @ Isiah defending his team. I'm quite confident he knew this was going to happen because he didn't like being showed up. Well, if your team had played better, maybe they wouldn't have been blown out in the first place.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    "If we're up 20 points, we're not going to play Stephon (Marbury) and Eddy (Curry)," Robinson said.

Of course not, because if the Knicks were up 20, Robinson would just honor his fallen opponent. Like when he botched that ESPY-campaign self-alley-oop and claimed humbly, "I won't be trying it again unless we're up by 20."

The good news is the Knicks aren't getting up 20 on anyone anytime soon.
    </div>

If Thomas wants to stop people from running up the score on him, then he should have built a better club. He shouldn't have wasted all that money on illogical signings, outrageous trades and heartless characters.
    No, Thomas and his guys weren't the only ones in the wrong Saturday. The Nuggets have their own issues. But when it was over, at least they weren't crying, at least they weren't punking.
    </div>

Beautiful article.

12. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

13. Karma

Karma The Will Must Be Stronger Than The Skill

"From what they did, keeping their guys on the court, I knew a foul was going to come. It was a good, clean, hard foul, and after that things went down from there," Robinson said. "I've never seen a team up 20 keep their starters in. They wanted to embarrass us, and it was a slap in the face to us as a team and a franchise."
    </div>

Nate Robinson is officially an idiot. Oh, I knew he was an idiot before, but this just proves that he's even stupider than I thought.

14. Legacy

Legacy Beast

I'm suprised that Steve Francis wasn't involved.

15. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

Brawl rulings likely to come Monday

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">NEW YORK (AP) -- The NBA most likely will wait until Monday before ruling on penalties resulting from the brawl between the Nuggets and Knicks.

All 10 players on the court, including league scoring leader Carmelo Anthony, were ejected after the melee Saturday night at Madison Square Garden. The mayhem began when New York's Mardy Collins flagrantly fouled the Nuggets' J.R. Smith with 1:15 left in Denver's 123-100 victory.

Anthony faces an automatic suspension for throwing a punch, and Smith and New York's Nate Robinson will be penalized for their fight that spilled into the stands.

With so much footage to review and players, coaches and officials to interview, the league probably will need time to make its ruling.

"I don't expect a decision today," NBA spokesman Tim Frank said Sunday.

But it might well come Monday since both teams play that night. The league's policy has been to rule on any suspensions before the teams involved play their next game.</div>

Link

16. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

This is gonna hurt the nuggets far more than it hurts the Knicks. Its gonna hurt my fantasy team too! sucks!!!

17. kingjames23_84

kingjames23_84 JBB JustBBall Member

rofl did you see the papers fly to the floor? no clue whose papers they were. but nate robinson is funny, man xP that guy's attitude is hilarious

in the middle of the raptors game they announced that the NBA won't be revealing any info on the suspensions til at least monday

18. Notorious

Notorious JBB Fear is Death

<div class="quote_poster">Will637 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG]</div>

HAHA! thats when the guy threw the papers at Nate. In that pic it looks like Carmelo is running fast away from nate.

19. Legacy

Legacy Beast

Hahaha, I found this pic on another site:

[​IMG]

20. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

<div class="quote_poster">Voodoo Child Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I have to applaud the security at the Knicks game for keeping the crowd out of it. If you notice in the video, that's the first thing the authorities at the game try to do. Good job on their behalf.

About the actual fight though, I've lost a lot of respect for Carmelo Anthony. Typical "thug," sucker-punching a guy and then running away. This is probably the first physical conflict the guy's ever been in.</div>

Wouldn't necessarily applaud Garden Security, considering that at some point I would like to see someone besides upset NBA teammates or an upset NBA coach try to step in and break up an NBA fight.

And I also didn't realize that a typical "thug" sucker punches people and then runs. Carmelo was 100% dead in the wrong for his actions on Saturday night but again I wouldn't throw around that "thug" label so loosely.

Just my humble opinion.