Knicks-Nuggets Brawl

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by philsmith75, Dec 16, 2006.

1. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    The Chicken Run poster. [​IMG]

2. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    She deserved it, did you hear the way she talked back at me?

I can't believe that people actually entertain that argument. These guys are professionals making tens of thousands of dollars per game. If they don't like being embarrassed, then they should play better, or use it the next time they play.

3. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

Somehow everyone forgets "sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me." (See TO.)

People come up with the "its about respect." Well, people need to realize the power of one word "ignore." (I teach this to my kids every day.) Who cares what someone else says? By responding, you give the words validity. Ignoring someone's words lets them die in the air. Amazing what happens when you just ignore someone's threats (try saying "Jesus Loves You" when someone gets pissed at you on the freeway. They never know how to respond.)

4. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

That Chicken Run poster is great, lol!

I'm shocked that Isiah Thomas didn't get a suspension for his actions -- he basically admitted to instructing his players to flagrant foul.

Oh, and I guess I was wrong about George Karl having a personal vendetta with Isiah Thomas -- apparently there really is some bad blood there. So if he had his starters in there specifically to show up the other team by trying to run it up and taunt the Knicks, I'd have to disagree with that. Not the fact that starters were on the floor, but the fact that Karl had disrespectful intentions -- yeah, I don't approve of that at all.

5. Lostmyluggage

Lostmyluggage JBB JustBBall Member

The way I see it, Collins grabbed Smith around the neck as he was going in for a lay-up. Smith goes after Collins and Nate Robinson of all people gets in the way. Melo tries to grab Robinson so that Smith can go toe to toe with Collins and Melo gets held back. Smith takes out Robinson, with plans on taking care of Collins next. Melo, not wasting any time destroys Collins and then Jeffries chases after Melo but runs into a brick wall (Camby) and they both fall down.

Jeffries: "when one of your teammates gets punched you got to do what you got to do"

The brawl itself could have been lessened if nate Robinson didn't interfere and just let Smith deal with Collins. Just cause a team is getting their ass handed to them doesn't mean they need to bitch and complain about the opposing teams starters being in the game.

If you?re going to be a ***** and pull off a stunt like that then question why you got punched by the leading scorer in the NBA, maybe you should ask yourself one question "was it worth it?" Don't try to justify your team?s actions by blaming things like "the starters were playing when we were getting blown out."

"They just wanted to embarrass us," Robinson said. "It was a slap in the face to us. As a team, as a franchise, we weren't going to let that happen. A clean, hard foul happened and after that it went down from there."

It's those kinds of people that are the same ones who complain like when Kobe dropped 81 points. It is not mandatory that the other team let up on you when you are getting beat. Robinson should either accept it, or choose a different career. (Something that doesn't involve fighting should suit him)

Either way, the Knicks got embarrassed, Collins left with a sore jaw, and a bunch of players got suspended.

6. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Lostmyluggage Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Melo, not wasting any time destroys Collins and then Jeffries chases after Melo but runs into a brick wall (Camby) and they both fall down.</div>

Well, I don't see how sucker punching someone while they're being held, and then back-peddling away in a hurry, is destroying anyone. I mean what was he running away from -- afraid Nate Robinson was going to "raise up" on him again?

If Melo destroyed anything it was his own "street thug" "gang-bangin" image.

His next video: "Yeah, foo, don't be snitchin, yo, or I'll throw a hail mary and straight run away from yo ass, foo."

7. Lostmyluggage

Lostmyluggage JBB JustBBall Member

It's was only a matter of time until the NBA's letting of 2 handed take downs in the 4th quarter with little or no penalty resulted in such a big brawl. It's sad that the leading scorer in the NBA has to wake up Sterns though his what is view to be "impropper behavior" Contrary to popular belief, alot of people think that Melo was not in the wrong.

I think you got your facts confused about Melo being the thuggish gang banger when it was Nate "lil thug" Robinson throwing up the gang signs trying to act tough and start slappin other players like a wanna be thug.

In his next video: Nate stars as Gary Coleman.... "coach told you to neck tackle Smith...wat you talkin bout Collins!?!?!"

8. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

It would be hard to fine either Thomas or Karl, because there really isn't any solid evidence to fine/suspend them. However, the league fined both teams for $500,000, and that would be equal to both coaches getting fined.

I was bit surprised that Robinson only got 10 games, but other than that, it seems pretty fair amounts...

9. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Karl shouldn't be penalized. There's nothing wrong with a little route to send a message to the Knicks ownership that Isiah Thomas isn't fit to be GM or coach. If that was his plan all along, it sure got Isiah pretty embarassed that he felt or hinted that the team needed to retaliate.

And if Karl isn't penalized, then I also think Isiah shouldn't be penalized as well. After all, he's coaching the New York Knicks and a team he put together himself. I figure that's punishment enough. It's like he pooped in the urinal, only to figure out later that it wouldn't flush down. Who cleans it up, though? And why on earth would he do that?