Kobe Bryant vs the Warriors

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Legacy, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">oaktank88 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">lol did anyone just see The Game (rapper and Baron Davis' best friend) sitting courtside?</div>

It must feel good to have homies like that get your back on the road![​IMG]

2. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

This is very dangerous now, Kobe has 36 and so it's almost guaranteed he's going to be getting those 14 in the 4th. W's cannot afford to give away baskets with bad perimeter shots off no ball movement and never looking inside, which had worked so well for them to get the lead.

3. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

Looks like they're heading for yet another late 4th quarter meltdown. This is where Nelson needs to assert himself and prove his worth. Someone has to tell these guys to box out of the boards and stop taking fast outside shots. No coach for the Warriors has been able to do that for a decade, Nelson needs to do it now.

4. oaktank88

oaktank88 JBB JustBBall Member

come on J-Rich! make that 3 ball! and kobe gets another phantom call.

5. oaktank88

man we could have had this game...s-jax two missed open threes in a row

6. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

Wow only 41? Bad game for KB.

7. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

Hey, I had a thought: maybe Kobe will allow it to go into OT to get his 50.

8. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">HiRez Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Hey, I had a thought: maybe Kobe will allow it to go into OT to get his 50.</div>

[​IMG]

For an unknown reason, I found that funny. We shall see.

9. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

OMG Missed rebound on a free throw. Odom goes to the line makes two FT's, Lakers go up 4. Warriors make a three that would have put the Warriors in the lead... But no miss rebound on a free throw. Horrible. Plus JRich and Baron go 6-27. It is the curse of the road. Somehow they manage to lose any and every game on the road. It's horrible. This is why this team is not going to the playoffs.

10. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

Aaaaaand...season over. Ahh, can you smell the freshly mown grass of baseball?

11. oaktank88

playoffs looking like a no-go now, what's with all these 4th quarter meltdowns? our 4th quarter execution is terrible.

12. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Lakers make a comeback in the 4th. Never seen that happen before.

13. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">oaktank88 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">playoffs looking like a no-go now</div>

Why? The Warriors are still right there. This was a tough game to win in the first place. GS is still right in the race, and the Clips are going to lose their share as well before this thing is over.

Don't lose the faith yet, guys. And CR2, you stay away from this thread [​IMG]

14. Warriorfansnc93

The season is not over yet. You had to know ahead of time the Warriors would lose. Granted it would have been nice to steal one in LA, but LA is the better team with Kobe and their record should be much higher than it is. Plus we are on the road, that is nearly an impossible combo. The only way we would have won this game is if they came out and laid and egg. Kobe came out swinging and knocked us back. We fought back, but they came out on top. I am not too sore because I predicted this loss. It just appears bad because we lose ground for now, but there are several games left...

15. oaktank88

<div class="quote_poster">AlleyOop Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Why? The Warriors are still right there. This was a tough game to win in the first place. GS is still right in the race, and the Clips are going to lose their share as well before this thing is over.

Don't lose the faith yet, guys. And CR2, you stay away from this thread [​IMG]</div>

the reason i say that is because the clips have a MUCH easier schedule left than us. the only below .500 team that i think can beat them is a motivated NO, who coincidentally plays them twice, so that could be a good thing. i don't know, im just not gonna get my hopes up, we've blown our last two road games with poor 4th quarter execution. we play like we're memphis or boston when we're on the road.

16. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">oaktank88 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">the reason i say that is because the clips have a MUCH easier schedule left than us. the only below .500 team that i think can beat them is a motivated NO, who coincidentally plays them twice, so that could be a good thing. i don't know, im just not gonna get my hopes up, we've blown our last two road games with poor 4th quarter execution. we play like we're memphis or boston when we're on the road.</div>

Against 2 REALLY good teams. Dont forget Utah has one of the best home records in the LEAGUE and we were right there. LA was one of the premier teams until they went on that slide. Now Kobe is just trying to keep them in it...

We are definately in it. We are only 1.5 games behind. If we get to 3+ then I will be worried. Do you think NO is calling it quits for the season? They are .5 game behind us...

17. Legacy

Legacy Beast

Damnit we lost and Kobe didn't get 50 plus. We suck. [​IMG]

18. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Warriorfansnc93 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">The season is not over yet. You had to know ahead of time the Warriors would lose. Granted it would have been nice to steal one in LA, but LA is the better team with Kobe and their record should be much higher than it is. Plus we are on the road, that is nearly an impossible combo. The only way we would have won this game is if they came out and laid and egg. Kobe came out swinging and knocked us back. We fought back, but they came out on top. I am not too sore because I predicted this loss. It just appears bad because we lose ground for now, but there are several games left...</div>

Well the schedule doesn't get easier after this. If the Warriors can't beat the Lakers and if they aren't supposed to beat the Lakers, then simply they will not make the playoffs. They may not even surpass 38 wins. The Clippers and Hornets are beating these teams. It's time for the Warriors to do so, and since they aren't and supposively aren't supposed to win these games, then the season seems just about over. For my own benefit, I am thinking this season is over. The Warriors aren't out, but it's probably better for me to think that way. I still haven't gotten over the Giants losing the WS, yet that was probably a bit bigger than a basketball team making the playoffs but still... What's up?

Also I'll say that the Warriors are just as good as the Lakers. Jason and Baron were no shows, and that's what brought the team down tonight. Though in the end all they needed to do was grab that defensive rebound off the free throw, which could have been the turning point of the game. Baron with a big three, then Jackson three would have put the Warriors in the lead...

19. oaktank88

<div class="quote_poster">Warriorfansnc93 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Against 2 REALLY good teams. Dont forget Utah has one of the best home records in the LEAGUE and we were right there. LA was one of the premier teams until they went on that slide. Now Kobe is just trying to keep them in it...</div>

to me it honestly does not matter if it was two really good teams. with us being healthy and the squad we have, we should also be a really good team. the only thing we're proving is we can't hold leads in games on the road. i would say we played well if we hadn't basically completely fallen apart at the end and made tons of boneheaded plays topped off with terrible execution. i will however commend the squad for being able to stay in it even with baron and jason having such bad shooting games. if either jason or s-jax could have made just one of the numerous wide open threes they got near the end of the game, this was ours. the shots and execution just weren't there at the end, and to me, that shows we're not a playoff team.

20. oaktank88

and nellie needs to play powell and foyle more. we NEED those rebounds.