Kravtsov and Anderson busts?

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by NYR2009, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

If Edmonton ends up wanting Kreider maybe they package him with Andersson and a mid round pick and get a 1st plus Puljujarvi back. He could be good for Kakko having another Finn around.

2. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

If rangers are dumb enough to trade kreider they better be packaging smith or staal in the deal. We have enough young prospects!! We need young players that can play. Package a few of the young d prospects with a buchnevich and get a young center that can play and score. Enough with the draft picks already!!

3. Ranger71

I'd certainly hope they trade CK if they're out of the playoff race and don't think they can re-sign him. They aren't trading Buchnevich at this point. A playoff team getting Kreider isn't going to give you a young player that's helping their team. It would have to be either a 1st or a top 3 player off their farm system. They could even look to negotiate with him after the season if they deal him. No way do i trade off a defensive prospect like Miller or Lundkvist right now anyway. Maybe a Keane or Reunanen or something.

4. mrmel29

Too many young d to keep. Not trading miller either under any circumstances but guys like d Angelo who while good on offense sucks on defense and can’t keep anyone from the front of the net, a Hajek, rykov can all go in my mind. Buch can go also as kratsov will replace him next season

5. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Why would you trade Hajek and Rykov who actually have size and skill? Please.

6. Ranger71

Yeah, no on dealing Hajek or Rykov, maybe not even Keane. Hajek will be solid if he can stay healthy and Rykov I'd like to see for a few years.

7. mrmel29

Hajek not impressed with. Your right about rykov

8. Ranger71

Hajek looked good at the end of the year and has struggled a bit this year but the injuries haven't helped. He needs to get stronger in the next year or two. Just getting more NHL time will help.

9. mrmel29

Bottom line is they have a ton of D prospects and they all can’t have roster spots. Pick a couple and add something to get the young center they need

10. mrmel29

And you can add d Angelo for as good as he is on offense he BLOWS On defense and will want a fortune after this season. Could get a lot for him

11. kreidertime

Looks like jd is talking to Andersson. Maybe the got him medicated lol

mrmel29 likes this.
  12. Ranger71

They'll probably end up packaging him at some point in the next year. Who knows, maybe this will light a fire under him and he'll turn into at least some kind of NHL regular.

13. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

As a constant proponent for trading Tony D I have to admit at times he is easy to root for and can see him becoming a crowd favorite - all the more reason to trade him now for maximum return. Good to hear Lias is talking to JD, still wouldn't trade him though unless it involved deStaaling the roster.

kreidertime likes this.
  14. kreidertime

The reality is Andersson has bad feet From what I hear which is not his fault. If they can get that under control maybe he can start to turn it around. We don’t have nearly enough abrasive types at forward. Too many pussy Buchnevich types.

15. Ranger71

I'd have to think if they threw in a 4th rounder and ate a little salary that someone would take Staal. Give them one of Huska, Wall or Lindbom.

16. kreidertime

No to Any of those goalies as throw ins when they can buy him out next year. Staal has been decent. They shouldn’t have to give up any picks or prospects to trade him and they should be able to get a late round pick for him as long as they retain half.

I would like to see Rykov get a look at some point this season if they dump Staal.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  17. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

Staal has been decent this year when he has the puck. He still makes the smart play more often than not and doesnt turn it over that much. However his problem is that he never challenges for it because he is so slow. If you key on him during loose pucks he will never, ever chase it down as he knows he wont get there in time and will be out of position. I've seen it countless times this year, whether its pinching at the point to keep it in the zone, or chasing it down in the corner. He doesnt even try. It's sad and I love the guy, but he's really starting to hurt the team now. He rarely covers anybody, just stands still and cross checks guys near him and lets them go. When he's on the ice with DeAngelo it's even more noticeable. I can't see any team trading for Staal once they scout him, especially not with another year remaining on his deal.

I would also very much like to see Rykov this year. Lindgren has been very impressive, but not so much with Hajek so far. Hajek has more natural skill and is the better skater, but he plays (for lack of a better word) frantic. Everything is an emergency with him and he's always taking huge hits. The more time he gets in the minors to get his timing down the better. He could still turn out very good, but he isnt ready yet. Rykov-DeAngelo is an intriguing pairing to try out at some point. I think their strengths compliment each other well.

18. kreidertime

Staal is still better than the shit most contenders use on their bottom pairings. So for 2.7, he's a good add. Columbus has to play Jones 30 minutes a night because the rest of their defenseman fucking suck. A lot of top teams have that problem. They are wearing their top D guys out.

19. Ranger71

Yeah that's definately it with Hajek, he's got good mobility and instincts but a bit out of control which leads to getting hit in vulnerable spots. Staal is still decent so maybe they just deal him for a late round pick if they eat some salary. Can't see them keeping him in his last year but you never know.

20. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

It's not a matter of whether Staal's been decent or not, he's not part of the rebuild and he's not good enough to start on any playoff contender so he has to be latched onto a Tony D to make room for youth. If he was able to teach anything to the younger players I'd be all for keeping Marc but it just isn't the case. I want to see Rykov too and think Hajek may have rushed back from his injury but both should be playing this year and gaining NHL experience.