Kukoc Will Resign

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by Sasha, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Sasha

Sasha ...since the beginning.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Miami aggressively courted Toni Kukoc, but he is planning to re-sign with Milwaukee.</div>
    Full Article
    Courtesy of Barry Jackson/The Miami Herald

That is part of the Wesley Person to Miami article which had reports of Kukoc going there as well, but guess not now. Definetely good news I think, Kukoc can still contribute, and is still a spark in some situations.

2. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

Yeah Kukoc is a versatile player who can score, pass and shoot, and he should continue to do good with the Bucks...he's invaluable as a sixth man who can spark an offense, and I think it was important that Milwaukee keep him...

3. gmanspack

gmanspack JBB JustBBall Member

Look for Toni to resign on August 24th. His family is on vacation and thats when he gets back.

1-2 year deal.

I'm happy to have him back, good leader and still can play

4. milwaukeebucks#1

milwaukeebucks#1 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting gmanspack:</div><div class="quote_post">Look for Toni to resign on August 24th. His family is on vacation and thats when he gets back.

1-2 year deal.

I'm happy to have him back, good leader and still can play</div>

Unrestricted free-agent Toni Kukoc will sign a one-year contract to return to the Milwaukee Bucks.

Kukoc is 35 and has become a key reserve for Milwaukee. The deal is expected be final next week. Terms of the contract were not announced.

Kukoc was acquired in a trade that sent forward Glenn Robinson to the Atlanta Hawks in 2002 and has applied his high basketball IQ with positive results as a Buck.

Kukoc put up 8.4 points, 3.7 rebounds and 2.7 assists in 73 games last season.

"Not only do our players like playing with him, but the community has embraced him," Bucks general manager Larry Harris said. "He has a great passion for the game, a great intellect. He's been through everything in this game. He's a great piece, and one of our focal points in free agency to get done."

Harris has repeatedly said that he was confident of retaining Kukoc. Entering his 12th NBA season, Kukoc received widespread interest from around the league, including Miami and Sacramento.

Kukoc was in the final year of a contract that paid him $9.1 million.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/buck/aug04/252739.asp