KVH : Angry over constant trades?

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by Erin, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Erin

Erin JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Sources confirmed The Post's report that Keith Van Horn threatened to retire - through angry agent David Falk - after the trade was consummated. Van Horn showed up a day late to Milwaukee and passed his physical just an hour before Knick tip-off, nearly jeopardizing Tim Thomas' and Nazr Mohammed's Knick debuts. Meanwhile, Van Horn flew back home for family matters and missed his Buck debut. </div>

From NYPost.com

2. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

That's too damn bad. Stop being a crybaby and play better if you want to stay on the same team for a while.

KVH is not a good enough player to be throwing temper tantrums. His past teammates (Kmart) didn't even respect him because he doesn't bring it every night.

3. CANT STOP ME

CANT STOP ME JBB Probationary User

^Amen. If he played like the player he should have been he wouldnt get traded. he is to much of a pretty boy. i think he will retire in a year or two and then become an abercrombie and fitch model!!!!!!

4. Emo

Emo Active Member

It sucks that Van Horn is constantly being traded from team to team, but he should just take it like a man and move on. How about guys like Jim Jackson that have to change zip codes every season? How many teams has he been playing on? I lost count. This is only Van Horn's 4th team. He needs to stop complaining.

5. CANT STOP ME

^thats true like i said i dont think he can take it. i see him out of the league in 2 years.

6. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Out of the league in two years? how you fiqure that? He is a 16 and 7 guy who can shoot the three consistantly. People have expected too much from the guy his whole career coming out of Utah, he has had a soild NBA career. He has plenty of years left in him.

Believe what you want but he has had a great season for the Knicks this year, he just didn't fit the style of play that suited Stephon Marbury and the Knicks.

7. CANT STOP ME

i dont think he can take it anymore. once he realizes he is going to be trade bait for the rest of his carrer he will quit.

8. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CANT STOP ME:</div><div class="quote_post">i dont think he can take it anymore. once he realizes he is going to be trade bait for the rest of his carrer he will quit.</div>

He isn't dumb, no player retires just because they get traded, It's all part of the business.

Tracy Mcgrady also said he was thinking about retirement, players make statements they don't mean when they get frustrated.

9. Erin

Erin JBB JustBBall Member

I think he's been playing well this year. I know if I was playing well and I got traded, I'd be angry too.

10. PyroManiac

PyroManiac JBB JustBBall Member

Part of the NBA is that you don't know when you are going to be traded. Keith Van Horn is a good player but he just didn't work out for the Knicks after they got Marbury. It happens.

However, these random threats of retirement from players are starting to lose their humor, it is just annoying now. Shut up and play for the millions of dollars that you make. Entertain the fans and do your job, then you won't be traded. (Assuming that your style of play matches with the teams.)

11. BigMemo

BigMemo JBB JustBBall Member

I hate how players whine like that. His situation isn't particularly horrible, and it's part of the business that players get traded. Just be glad you're in the NBA and making millions. He doesn't earn any respect from his new team or his old team by acting offended; he should learn from others how to act like he understands even if he doesn't.

12. Ravenous

Ravenous JBB JustBBall Member

I would be mad too....lets think about he has played good everywhere he went....especially NY....he dropped 28 opening night...and gained the respect off all the NYK fans...I was a little dissappointed to see him go....hopefully he will stay with the Bucks!!

13. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

I don't see why people support so much, thinking he's some over average. Sure he plays well, but not often. He doesn't seem to have his heart and effort in the game all the time.

He tries to play like NVE, much like Walker does, meaning taking ridiculous shots but not making them like NVE does. He's a ballhog in my eyes. Lacks proper use of his size. I feel the Bucks do need his size, but he doesn't even know how to use it.

If you get traded, whether you're good or not, you get traded for a reason. Face it, Sheed did, maybe someday you can too.

14. seedle

seedle JBB Banned Member

I like Tim Thomas a lot, but I guess he was underachieving. I hope Keith can get us into the playoffs this year. Him and Redd make a dangerous outside duo. I don't want him to get traded. But he shouldn't wine about it, he should toughen up. What about Chris Gatling? He was traded like every other day, he didn't complain.