Kyrie, Kevin Love, and LeBron

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by tlongII, May 20, 2017.

1. Nate

Nate #itsokaytobewhite #wakandaforever BANNED

FTFY

2. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    I don't consider these early series against soft Eastern teams to be major competition. Let's see what he produces against the Warriors.

3. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    As long as LeBron is alive, it probably won't matter as much what Love or Kyrie do.

dviss1 likes this.
  4. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    Wrong. It's about one man. And that man is LeBron.

5. SIeepwalker

SIeepwalker The lone sane poster

Man I hated Lebron 2 years ago, then I started to like him when he defeated those cocky warriors fuckers
    If he beat them again this year he will be my god

How quick things change

Orion Bailey and SlyPokerDog like this.
  6. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

The NBA still plays 5-on-5. They play the finals to determine the best team,. not the best player. Was LeBron not also the best player on the planet in 2011, 2014 and 2015 (and probably several other years , as well)? He didn't win the championship in those years, either and you could argue he had better teammates in those three years than he has this year.

GSW beat him without Durant in 2015 and the addition of a 4-time scoring champion and former MVP makes GSW so much more formidable this year than they were two years ago.

Don't let CLE's current cakewalk over BOS fool you. BOS doesn't have a Big 4, a Big 3, or even a Big 1. Their best player is a midget who plays zero defense, when healthy, and he's hurt. BOS was the only team to make the playoffs that didn't have at least two players score 1000 points during the regular season. Without a second dominant scorer, even when Thomas was healthy, it's just too easy to shut down an offense that relies so much on one player, especially when that player is 5'9". BOS wouldn't have even gotten out of the first round if Rondo hadn't gotten injured.

Since March 14, GSW is 26-1 and CLE is 18-9. Yes, LeBron sat out 3 of those games, and they were all losses. But, Durant missed 15 of those games, including two in the playoffs, and GSW went 15-0 without him. That is how deep GSW is. They don't need their best player to have a great game to win. Hell, they don't even need him to play and they are still capable of dominating teams without him.

Yes, both teams are undefeated in the post season. GSW's margin of victory is 16.5 ppg, CLE's is 13.8. GSW is beating better teams and they are beating them by more.

GSW is simply the better team. Barring injuries, they will win the championship.

BNM

7. Boob-No-More

Maybe not against BOS, but it will matter against GSW. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't GSW beat LeBron in 2015 without Durant? Didn't they go up 3-1 on him last year before Bogut got injured and Draymond suspended?

In the last two years, GSW is 7-6 against CLE in the playoffs, and that was without Kevin Durant. This year, they have Durant.

BNM

8. Boob-No-More

I should have been more clear. My original point is CLE doesn't have a dominant 4th scorer. Yeah, Klay is not having a good post season, but he did average 22.3 ppg during the regular season, and is capable of going off for 20 points (or 37) in a quarter at any time - especially if you leave him wide open to help out on Durant of Curry.

The point about Thompson scoring more points per game in the playoffs than Smith in Korver was not that he's playing better than those two combined, it was just to illustrate that CLE doesn't have a serious 4th option. Of course, you can only play 5 players at a time, so it's not like you can play both Smith and Korver against Thompson. If you do that, you should also add in Ian Clark's 7.1 ppg.

The fact remains that GSW has more quality depth than CLE. They have a legitimate Big 4 to CLE's Big 3. I mentioned it in anther post, but without Durant, GSW is 7-6 versus the Cavs in the playoffs over the last two years, and now they've added Durant. They don't NEED Klay Thompson to play great to beat CLE. It will just make it easier for them if he does.

BNM

9. julius

singer songwriter
    Yeah, LeBron had 11 scrubs. Love was out and his replacement was crap. Kryie was out (after game 1 I think).

Denny Crane and 3RA1N1AC like this.
  10. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

If Kylie goes HAM it could be interesting.

11. BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94

BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94 AWOL

If Kevin Love shows up this finals that's a game changer, people seem to forget he put up awful numbers in the finals last year.

12. Boob-No-More

His 11 scrubs were better that year than they are this year. In 2014-15, CLE had three players, other than LeBron, Kyrie amd Love that averaged in double figures during the regular season. This year, Korver, at 10.7 ppg is the only CLE player outside of the Big 3 that averaged in double figures during the regular season.

CLE had much more depth up front that year, too. Mosgov played amazingly well against GSW in that series, including 3 double-doubles where he scored at least 17 points. This year, if Tristan Thompson goes down, or more likely, gets in foul trouble, CLE doesn't have another big body they can throw out there and defend the paint and rebound.

And, GSW added Kevin Durant...

BNM

dviss1 likes this.
  13. Boob-No-More

Not as much of a game changer as adding Kevin Durant.

BNM

14. BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94

We shall see, at the end of the day the Warriors & Durant when pushed up against a wall have shown to falter in the past. I hope it happens again.

JFizzleRaider likes this.
  15. julius

singer songwriter
    I'd say that the team as it is now, is better than LeBron James and the Jamesettes.

Also, who on the Warriors is a beast in the middle?

JFizzleRaider likes this.
  16. Boob-No-More

Zaza and McGee are both solid and they play Draymond at the 5 when they go small. They don't need a lot of scoring at the 5, just defense and rebounding. Zaza doesn't block a lot of shots, be he's a smart vet that plays good position defense. McGee was a great pick up for them. In both the regular season and the playoffs, he has given them very efficient scoring, solid rebounding and great shot blocking. David West was anther solid pickup that has given them good minutes in the post season.

GSW does rim protection by committee (Draymond, Durant, McGee and West). They lead the league in blocked shots during the regular season, and it wasn't close. They averaged 6.8 BLK/G in the regular season and are averaging 7.9 BLK/G in the playoffs. CLE averaged 4.0 BLK/G in the regular season and is averaging 5.1 BLK/G in the playoffs.

When it comes to defense and rebounding, GSW is much deeper up front than CLE.

BNM

17. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    The real question is, which Cleveland player are the Warriors going to injure: Love or Irvine?

dviss1 likes this.
  18. Boob-No-More

The why is the title of YOUR thread:

Kyrie, Kevin Love, and LeBron

BNM

dviss1 likes this.
  19. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    Steph Curry was playing nowhere near his normal level, as he was still recovering from an MCL sprain. Curry being at full effectiveness is a bigger deal than Love playing better.

And that's before adding Durant to the mix instead of Harrison Barnes.

20. BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94

Lots of factors going into this finals, let's also not forgot the Cavs have gotten even better shooters now too. It's just really interesting.