LA Lakers @ Golden State Warriors 11/01/2006

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by trg_tony, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

<div class="quote_poster">Run BJM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">How is it Mullin's fault that the team regressed? He kept the same players and even improved the team through trades and the draft. He assembles the team but its not his job to get the team ready to play each game and get them to execute. The coaching and players are responsible for regressing, Mullin may have screwed the cap situation but the talent level is as high as its been in many years.
    </div>
    Well, it's believed that it is Mullin's fault because he had financial flexibility, but he jumped on the wrong players at the time of the 2004 season. He signed a lot of people to large six year deals which meant he intended to make those guys starters long term. We hadn't even seen what Fisher, Foyle, Dun, Jrich, Murphy could do and that team was vastly different from 2003 where we had a big double double starting center playing out of his mind, Clif Robinson playing well on defense for an old, one-time former allstar, Murphy and Foyle injured all year or most of the year, Speedy Claxton/NVE backcourt + veteran bench (pgs that could pass, dribble, shoot and run a team).

2004 team had rookie bench and we lost of a lot of the vets to trades for trade exceptions and the trade that would lead to us getting Baron Davis. Since then we've built the team using mostly projects or inconsistent players who are still trying to find a niche. That just made us worse, although it was a good gamble to go for players like Zarko, make room for Pietrus/Biedrins on the roster. All we gave up is future second round picks so it wasn't a bad deal for Zarko. But because we are such a young inconsistent team with no former all-stars to help our young guys improve and close out games, it's like who mentors other players? It can't be the guys who've never seen the playoffs ever. As of right now Baron is the only good player who has seen the playoffs. The rest haven't touched it.

<div class="quote_poster">Run BJM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">
    The cap situation is a mess but the Murphy signing gets way too much scrutiny. 10 mil a year for a double double guy is not a bad deal, its not "market value" but its very rare that a player is signed to "market value" in the NBA. As much as Murphy gets hated on hes our only big capable of staying in a game and not getting his ass kicked on the defensive glass.
    </div>

You are right. I have a love/hate relationship with Murphy. He's consistent at two things, but it puts so much pressure to find the ideal center to pair up with him. I don't think we'll find it in time or it'll be too much of a headache. To me, there's better all-around big men than Murphy and his numbers don't reflect the things he doesn't do to make the team better. He's more of a sixth man bench guy IMO or a starter on a bad team (which is what he is), or a starter on a good team when there's a good center or power forward that can provide post game and strong defense (maybe like Yao or Shaq). Although it is rare to find market value for anyone, what is Murphy's upside? I mean... I wish his deal was structured to be a placeholder, because long term... he's just not something that you dedicate key starter money towards. It's like he's a wash because he is strong in shooting/defensive rebounding, but yet he doesn't defend, pass when there's another guy open, or score much inside. We can't have 4 players shooting sub 40's. Murphy is a sub 40% guy. He's been elevated to 3rd option scorer because so many guys on our team are just awful scorers. Dun and Foyle being among the worst when wide open.

<div class="quote_poster">Run BJM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">
    Dunleavy and Foyle signings were terrible at the time and still are to this day, Fisher was bad but wasn't THAT overpaid considering he did average 12.6 ppg and 4.2 apg and there aren't man MLE players putting up over 10 ppg.

There is a chance that we may have to let some of our young talent walk but Foyle is movable at the all-star break before Biedrins and Monta are FAs (or that offseason) and if Murphy at C is successful (which I think it will be) then Murphy will be more movable. Cohan, for all the hate he gets, has been willing to spend the cash when necessary so I think he would agree to eat the lux tax temporarily if necessary. Nelson will also have a good amount of influence in the GM decisions which is definitely helpful.

Mullin didn't totally blow all the resources, we still have alot of picks and much more talent than before. The cap situation is pretty bad, no doubt, but lets at least see if the team hes got out there now with Nellie can be a winner before totally giving up on him.

I hate to be one of the only people making excuses for Mullin but you can't blame Mullin that the players aren't performing, thats on the players and coaches. He screwed the cap situation but the team is very talented and he hasn't made any bad trades or draft picks so far. Go ahead and blame him for the future cap situation of the team but you can't blame him for the current state of the team, Nelson and the players are going to have to figure it out for this season.</div>

I think it's good that we have more picks, but unless it's a Chris Paul "I'm ready to play" type pick it'll be no good to us. We either land projects in the 2nd or mid round or we get the #5 or #3 pick in the positions we don't really need or when it happens to be in a weak draft. It's unfortuante for us because we're not a good free agent destiny and therefore we shouldn't be wasting money on vets unless they are of '03 Clif Robinson, '03 NVE, 2003 Calbert Cheaney, or Kurt Thomas/Nazr Mohammed (the guys we could have landed in the Knicks trade for Dampier). We'll just have to speculate whether the picks will be more important than getting a foundation in place so that our current rookies can learn the right way to do things from other players. I mean having guys who know what to do is so helpful to a young team. But we're a young team with few leaders by example. It's one of the reasons why young teams do not fare well at all for the 82 game marathon of regular season.

But yeah man I agree with your defense of some things that are not directly Mullin's fault. But I have to agree with Kwan that he is worse than St. Jean. I consider Mullin incompetent for not thinking ahead before he made moves. I'm just glad he's not doing the Isiah Thomas thing where he's making too many moves, trading away picks, and not focussing on enough developing with what he has. I also consider Isiah a form of competence, but worse than Mullin type incompetent. I think at least Mullin learned from his rookie mistakes and lack of experience as a front office guy. But this change of coach was totally due to the fact he could not make any moves. Why could he not make any moves? Because he wasn't thinking ahead in '04. He must have thought it was one year thing and didn't worry about the 4 years after it. He should have made placeholders for starting positions or stood pat back then. And then once he evaluates which guys are worthy of money and what certain players would aid them, then he can go all out. He should have went all out when he got Baron Davis, but he wasn't thinking in '04. A GM just can't make these kind of mistakes and countless articles and posts I've read called Mullin on this back in '04 when the very first move he made was to lock up two of a franchises most important position: the smallest, quickest, most team-oriented guy on the floor, and the biggest, strongest, enforcer type guy on the floor. That be center and point guard. A playoff team has both solid starters, not career backups. Luckily, we shed Fisher's lengthy deal, but we lost his shooting talent and experience. So it's almost like a no-win situation of sorts when we get Fisher who is decent, but we have no shooting guard to act as the intiator on offense or inside presence to spread the floor for him.... grrrr

If '04 wasn't the year, maybe Mully should have done nothing until he could evaluate and decide whether a guy is worth six years and whether or not his team is a playoff contender. He couldn't have been more wrong in each of those years that the Warriors were playoff bound. Maybe it could have happend with Baron, but Baron needs good players too or else he's not very good. It's true. New Orleans had at least two other all-stars plus decent defense from what I remember. We're so poor that if we lose at the foul line or we don't make threes, we lose momentum. Especially if we can't run, we definitely can't score high %.

2. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Kwan1031 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Mullin also fired Muss and hired Monty. That's one reason why this team has regressed. Really, we say this team won 34 games in last two games. But, if we deduct meaningless wins, this team was actually worse than 34 games winning club. Also, Mullin chose to sign Foyle instead of Dampier. And, now we are looking for a center, who can do basically what Dampier did for Warriors. That's another reason why this team can't defend the middle, bring help defense or secure rebounds. Then, Mullin chose to put his faith on Dunleavy instead of Jamison. Granted that Jamison may be overpaid, and he may not be your typical superstar. But, Jamison would have been much nicer than Dunleavy now and probably for next few more years. Certainly, Mullin stockpiled talents. But, those talents are really unbalanced, and we are not winning at this point. There really wasn't any reason for us to step back when Mullin took over. But that's what we did. The main reason why we took steps back in last two years are because of Mullin's decisions.

Yeah, I agree that most of players never get signed with market value. And, I really don't have too much problem with players being overpaid. After all, if you are a bad team, you are bounded to overpay. However, I have a lot of problem with Mullin signing those players at 3rd year, when signing them in 4th year make no difference. Exactly, what's the reason to lock up those players in their 3rd year, when you are not getting a bargain deal, and they haven't proved themselves that they will be franchise players or potential? Richardson? Yeah, I can understand because he showed enough potential, and it turned out to be a good deal. However, Murphy at 10 mils in 3rd year? We are not getting a bargain deal, nor he didn't show enough potential to warrent 10 mils per year. So, why not wait a year and evaluate one more year? If we have waited one more year, a lot of other options would have opened for Murphy. And, Dunleavy... There is no excuse...

Before this offseason starts, I had a hope that we can at least dump Murphy's contract with relatively ease. But, after this offseason, other teams just don't want Murphy's contract. Really, we tried number of ways to trade him, but we couldn't find any taker. Even Atlanta chose to go with Wright for 2 years than Murphy with 5 years contract. That's why I am just not confident with dumping Murphy. I can see the possibility that we can dump Foyle in next offseason. However, it will take mroe than a draft pick. And, even if we somehow dump Foyle, that doesn't solve our salary situation that much.

Will Cohan actually pay luxury tax? I do think he knows what kind of situation he is in when he approved all those signings. However, he didn't show any desire to pay luxury tax this season. So, I will believe when he actually pays the tax...</div>

I agree with everything Kwan said. I think playoff teams have a certain formula to them. I think young teams looking to make the playoffs in the near future have a formula to them. right now we're just unbalanced as kwan said and we have overrated, overpaid talent that we can't use right now to get the players that we would like to get more balanced. Defensively we're not hot at all, offensively we're very limited in how we can attack. A good team has inside outside presence + ball/player movement. If there's nobody inside that can emulate post play, we're stuck on the outside with nowhere to go as the defense crowds the paint. If we were a hot shooting team we'd be okay, but we're not even that. Too many sub 40% shooters and some who can't hit at least 70% from the foul line. Even if we had a guy like Dale Davis who doesn't score, at least he'll put a body on somebody while pretending to post up. It's like a variation of a pick, where you post up ready to receive the ball and then you pivot right around the guy and hold him down so that your ballhandling teammate won't be bothered by your big man assignment coming to defend the basket. If he breaks free, you're right under the hoop and you're open briefly for a pass.

Too many times do the Warriors overdribble and it's because they don't have enough big man talent or depth. It's too many guys trying to play like small forwards and they don't play the brand of defense that prevents guys like Luke Walton or some Gonzaga guy who is not really a strong offensive player, from scoring. Now Jrich isn't a good defender, but why does this guy seem to block more or as many shots as our current bigs, get more steals, and stay with shooting guards as best as he can while scoring 20+ ppg? Jrich can't emulate a power forward and neither can Baron, so that's why I don't like this inverted lineup idea. Big men will always be more impact than guards and if our guards are way better than our big men, there's a good chance we won't control the tempo unless we have an Amare or a Shawn Marion that can play one position bigger. Dun and Murphy don't play big on defense or offense to get the consistent amount of stops and the high % scoring. They are unique players, but they are not balanced players in any of the positions they could play. They are like big, slow guards.

Anyway Kwan, good stuff, man.

3. boogiescott

boogiescott JBB JustBBall Member

Gohn

I don't think there is anything with locking J-rich to a long term deal, i am glad he is in fact. I really dont have a problem with Murph at the time. He was adding different facets to his game each off season and locking him up seemed logical as well. Who knew that when we expected him to be working on some post moves and an inside game, Monty had him expanding his range working on an outside game. It changed his game dramatically for the worse, but i guess made him a better offensive player, i just dont know why he abandoned working on post moves, a better drop step, a baby hook , some kind of go- to move. But i am ok with Murph signing. I also disagree with this constant bashing his defense. He has in the past shown solid D, last season vs Duncan he did amazing and there have been other circumstances or match ups. I realize he is not the best defender and that is his weakest point and if we had a big man in the paint it would not be so glaring.

The dunleavy signing. I have always said that we should have followed the same game plan we are using with MP and wait til after the season. I guess when Baron over and the whole team blew up those 19 games or so, dunleavy's game rose as well and it was expected to see his game grow. WEll that is fine, but Mullin should have waited. I am hoping Dunelavy will be figured out by Nelson and whatever positives he can bring to the table will be shown to somehow drive his value up.

WE dont have anyone to address until next off season when a decision on biedrins has to be made or he becomes restricted FA. At that point foyle has 2 years left on is deal, so maybe he can be moved next off season. That is assuming we dont make a deal at the trade dead line.

I also think we really dont know what talent we have here. Monty misused Pietrus, biedrins and ike pretty much all the time giving them limited minutes, not really putting them in positions to succedd and had them looking over their shoulders for the hook at the slightest infraction. Dunleavy, may be a lost cause after last nights game, but he does have talent in him. ANd who knows how great Ellis can be.

It was one game. I agree Portland has young talent and a lot of bigs in the middle that could prove trouble. I still think we will get a win tonight

4. boogiescott

Custodian

I read 20 posts from you to 1 from most others. Your negativity wears on me as it is constant. You throw over the top statments that are just ridiculous and you throw your opinion around like it is gospel and fact. I am not baiting you. I disagree with most everything you say about the WArriors from your barrage on Mullin. Which is fine criticizing his moves, but some of your statements are ridiculous, I dont want to read through the litany of posts to find each quote right now. You say i target you but that is not really true, it just most posters deal in facts and say their opinions.

For example, one poster might say "that light is green." and you will say "well the light is not green it is a shade of green if you really want a green light you shouldnt have hired the engineer who placed it there. In fact that engineer doesnt know a hole in the ground and it is only cause he was married to the city planners cousin that he got the job. He has no idea what he is doing, he is an idiot, incompetent. And that light will never change either, because we need a slower light.and on and on nonsense.

All i have been doing is attacking your arguement and i find myself defending Mullin from your barrage. Challenge your credibility? i didnt know you had cred? you have a hoops resume' i missed? Should i tell you of my days in college ball and organized hoops? Do you want to hear of my years working at the score table for SDSU, john wooden classic etc? would that matter? I am sure you have a resume' in hoops as long as my arm.

So many bad players he has overspent on? who? again an exaggeration...

Foyle, dunleavy? who else? murphy i guess you will say?

I don't like those signings any more than anyone else. But the guy has been on the job 2 years. He has drafted well, he has drafted bigs. HE has not made any horrible trades, he has done nothing to say a person is incompetent.

The mistakes he has made fisher, monty he has corrected. The Monty hiring was a mistake. Clearly like his early signings he jumped in and wanted to make a splash. What bigger splash than hiring Monty from STanford, the Bay ARea College coaching darling. It was a great PR move....was it Mullin or Cohan that wanted this move?

Why so defensive? when have talked about you? i didnt say a word specifically about you,,, and if you are offended that i call your posts pure comedy so be it. I dont take offense to you calling mine pure bullshit.

Like i said you seem to see things ...the glass isnt half full or half empty ..... it is broken and thrown away... just the same posts of negativy ad nauseum...

ANd i do try to respond to your posts and anyone else's. And it is fine if you dont think i add anything to the forum, but please show me a post where i attacked a poster, by all means.

I sure hope a good win tonight will give you a ray of hope and take some storm clouds away. All is not black.

5. boogiescott

I just read this after i posted my previous remarks? Again i find it amusing that you think i am harrassing you, when in fact i find your responses exactly that. I didnt call you names "immature". I didnt disrespect you in any way. re- read my posts. In fact i see you calling me names and bashing me. My posts explain my position and contradict your thoughts. Are they as well written and thought out as yours? probably not. But,There are no attacks on you, just because i disagree completely with your takes. Don't take that personal. Why is it an attack calling your posts comedy? Is every thing serious?

In fact when you sent a message telling me you didnt like what i thought of as a humourous dig at laker fans with my spelling of lakers i even respected you enough to cease that wording.

I have no problem not responding to you in the future or addressing any post to you. Sorry you have felt harrassed, it won't happen again.

6. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

I think what CR2 is doing is sounding overly negative to hide his hurt feelings from last year. Once we officially make the playoffs, then he will be back to his normal ways...

7. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    <div class="quote_poster">Warriorfansnc93 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I think what CR2 is doing is sounding overly negative to hide his hurt feelings from last year. Once we officially make the playoffs, then he will be back to his normal ways...</div>

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I think CR2 adds a lot to this forum. Without him, it wouldn't be the same. But, I do agree with a lot of what boogie says. I don't mean to attack CR2's analytical discourse (it's quite graceful), but it is wordy and at times just turns into a long-winded diatribe. Again, it's a lot more than what I have contirbuted since 2003.

CR2 definetely has passion for the game and the Warriors, as well as most everyone who posts here. I use to be the same...I even thought about purusing a career in sports journalism, but my passion for the game and writing has dwindled. In fact, this might be the longest post I've written since 2003..HAHAHAHAHA.

BTW, it looks like Foyle is starting tonight and Dun is our starting PG...good times [​IMG]

8. Custodianrules2

I'm scanning over this, but I promise I'll be back to post something later. Right now -> on to talk about the the first victory of the '07 season.

9. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">boogielew Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Custodian

I read 20 posts from you to 1 from most others. Your negativity wears on me as it is constant. You throw over the top statments that are just ridiculous and you throw your opinion around like it is gospel and fact. I am not baiting you. I disagree with most everything you say about the WArriors from your barrage on Mullin. Which is fine criticizing his moves, but some of your statements are ridiculous, I dont want to read through the litany of posts to find each quote right now. You say i target you but that is not really true, it just most posters deal in facts and say their opinions.
    </div>
    First of all, "over the top", is a matter of perspective. I feel I'm not being over the top, because I've got my own set of expectations on what certain players should do for the amount being spent, regardless if the media or agents says what the market is. If guys of Jerome James or Dampier's quality are costing near max dollars, let them all walk and focus on a guy who can give you presence and night to night consistency. I mean what happened to the Shawn Marion thread? I admit I had to have some help from the community regarding Shawn Marion stats in the playoffs and how he got taken out of the game. But you didn't even try to acknowledge where I was coming from and that Marion struggled in the playoff games when the other team had an answer for him everytime when he was on offense. Nothing from you. You probably didn't even try to be patient to understand this and you still ended up being rude rather than trying to find answers in a mature way. I may be negative, but I'm negative for a reason. I think Mullin turned out to be the wrong person for the job and if only we had Nelson to begin with, why the heck would we need Mullin as GM for? The experience and everything outside the draft just got this franchise back to where it started with the financial problems. They keep overpaying for mediocre talent and not finding the right steals in free agency.

<div class="quote_poster">boogielew Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">
    For example, one poster might say "that light is green." and you will say "well the light is not green it is a shade of green if you really want a green light you shouldnt have hired the engineer who placed it there. In fact that engineer doesnt know a hole in the ground and it is only cause he was married to the city planners cousin that he got the job. He has no idea what he is doing, he is an idiot, incompetent. And that light will never change either, because we need a slower light.and on and on nonsense.
    </div>
    It sounds like the only nonsense you're talking about is the stuff you made up. Now, you're just throwing spurious claims here. I do think Mullin is an idiot when it comes to this job, except for the draft. It does seem highly suspicious that he is a symbol of the Warriors most memorable success in the last two decades and his loyalty and history as player was the main reason why he was hired as GM. He had only spent a little bit working for another GM that also couldn't make it work (whether it was his fault or not St. Jean was at least prepared in credentials to take this job and cleaned up most of PJ/Twardzick's mess by the time St. Jean was fired and Mullin came in). Mullin hired all these other guys around him that probably have as much experience as he does as a player and not a general manager. It was also pretty obvious to me that Mullin favored Dunleavy more than any other player out of what seemed like a personal hunch rather than results . He was blindsided by continuity more than finding a solid foundation first and then building continuity. He got his gameplan backwards and signed up a bunch of guys that didn't fit for lots of money and lots of years which stymies our abilities to make trades even if we do start winning a little more. To me that is incompetent. He just doesn't know how to be GM. Maybe he should have been a talent scout instead.

But maybe I have no right. I mean, I never claimed I had the right to bash somebody doing a job that I have never done. But he is incompetent in my mind for not have been thinking things over, especially if he plans to build this franchise longterm through the draft, trades, or other future moves which he probably has no room to make if he doesn't do something about this bad situation we're in. The only move he could have done was replaced coaches because he made things so inflexible with trades, future signings after Baron Davis trade, rookie players, balance of inside outside game, and veterans.

All i have been doing is attacking your arguement and i find myself defending Mullin from your barrage. Challenge your credibility? i didnt know you had cred? you have a hoops resume' i missed? Should i tell you of my days in college ball and organized hoops? Do you want to hear of my years working at the score table for SDSU, john wooden classic etc? would that matter? I am sure you have a resume' in hoops as long as my arm.
    </div>
    See? This is the type of crap that is unnecessary. Again with the insults. I mean I do have a problem with this kind of behavior by you and it's one of the reasons I stay away from sites with the average age of 14. You come off as rude prick who is maybe a hypocrite for how many times you've bashed Calbert Cheaney, Monty, Fisher and all these other guys and you don't see me defending them by bashing you, do you? Even if I liked those players I could at least relate to why they are disliked enough to dismiss it as a rant if I highly disagreed. You rant too, you know. I rant, I argue but I also fire back if I'm being fired upon. That's why you hear bad feedback from me. And maybe I should back off the number of posts a bit so everyone can get a chance to speak. I will do that.

So many bad players he has overspent on? who? again an exaggeration...

Foyle, dunleavy? who else? murphy i guess you will say?
    </div>
    Umm Fisher? 3-4 "starting" players who end up being deadweight not even after the ink is dry? I'd have to say those are really horrible moves worth several bad signings because they occupy starting salary budget. If you got those guys locked for lots of years, we ain't getting much value back for them especially if we're looking to dump because of luxury tax. The key issue has always been luxury tax more than it was not having the right luck in finding a foundation through the draft just yet.

I don't like those signings any more than anyone else. But the guy has been on the job 2 years. He has drafted well, he has drafted bigs. HE has not made any horrible trades, he has done nothing to say a person is incompetent.

The mistakes he has made fisher, monty he has corrected. The Monty hiring was a mistake. Clearly like his early signings he jumped in and wanted to make a splash. What bigger splash than hiring Monty from STanford, the Bay ARea College coaching darling. It was a great PR move....was it Mullin or Cohan that wanted this move?
    </div>

As far as I'm concerned, they are all responsible. The blind leading the blind. I'm not changing my opinion on Mullin, but I'm asking you to settle down and be NICE. If you start attacking me the poster or my ideas in a acrimonius way calling me out and without being patient and respectful enough for an explanation from me or clarity on the argument, of course I'm going to fire back. I really don't want to deal with this rudeness and I'm only asking that you read the stuff you're putting out. You're calling me ridiculous and you probably don't even have the right yourself to be putting that out. We have a difference in opinion and I admit I got a very harsh one regarding the very highlest level of this Warriors organization and all the way to Mullin and his personnel and other staff. It's got people at the top with weak vision and it's why they've managed to beat the odds for the last 12 seasons and not make the playoffs even with the lottery.

Why so defensive? when have talked about you? i didnt say a word specifically about you,,, and if you are offended that i call your posts pure comedy so be it. I dont take offense to you calling mine pure bullshit.

Like i said you seem to see things ...the glass isnt half full or half empty ..... it is broken and thrown away... just the same posts of negativy ad nauseum...

ANd i do try to respond to your posts and anyone else's. And it is fine if you dont think i add anything to the forum, but please show me a post where i attacked a poster, by all means.

I sure hope a good win tonight will give you a ray of hope and take some storm clouds away. All is not black.</div>

I'm upset with you maybe because I'm looking for people to share the same frustration I have with this organization, yet we end up being frustrated with each other. Instead of taking a diplomatic approach, you go in and start firing off your disagreements labeling mine comical, ridiculous and what not. That's not what I like to hear and of course it's going to make me angry, not because we disagree, it's because you're putting my ideas down. I'm not saying it's humiliating but it can be humiliating to some people. I'm just upset because it's like wtf is wrong with you? Who is this guy coming onboard all of a sudden and mouthing off?

You have to accept there's always going to be people upset about this franchise. It's because they care. It's like politics in a certain way. But if you are responding to an idea or a post throwing out ridicule, condescending tones, and acting to me like an overall jerk, you are in essence attacking that poster even if you feel you are just attacking the ideas. Just letting you know. Phrase your posts nicely if you're trying to respond to anyone's posts. There's no need for rudeness. If you feel you aren't being rude, then we both have a problem. If you feel I'm being rude back, I'm just letting you know how it feels. On a board where everyone just wants to chill and talk warriors, I try very hard to make sure everyone can post their ideas without hastle. It's about shared perspectives and learning from each other. If you don't care for that kind of thing maybe it's not for one of us. I like learning from Kwan, I like learning from Clif, Wtwalker, REREM, Rudeezy, Shape all these other guys. But they know I have my own opinion. I won't call out anyone for being "ridiculous" but I will disagree and state where I'm coming from at least. I'll try to find more about what led the poster to having their ideas such as observations, stats, or whatnot. All I hear from you are loosely tied examples relating to Mullin playing in a championship game for Indiana after the Warriors and traffic lights... I can't relate much to how that affected his career more than it did with Run TMC. That's one of the reasons he came back because he liked the warriors. But I think he had some small ball habits in him when it came to him being GM. The defense... the choice of center... these are things he never had while playing. Maybe there was influence. That's all I'm saying.

10. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">boogielew Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I just read this after i posted my previous remarks? Again i find it amusing that you think i am harrassing you, when in fact i find your responses exactly that. I didnt call you names "immature". I didnt disrespect you in any way. re- read my posts. In fact i see you calling me names and bashing me. My posts explain my position and contradict your thoughts. Are they as well written and thought out as yours? probably not. But,There are no attacks on you, just because i disagree completely with your takes. Don't take that personal. Why is it an attack calling your posts comedy? Is every thing serious?

In fact when you sent a message telling me you didnt like what i thought of as a humourous dig at laker fans with my spelling of lakers i even respected you enough to cease that wording.

I have no problem not responding to you in the future or addressing any post to you. Sorry you have felt harrassed, it won't happen again.</div>

Sorry, if I hurt you too, man. I just felt a certain way, I tend to make the other poster try to feel the same so they can relate as well.

On boards with different discussions going on and different opinions. We need to be able to relate in some way. That's why communication is important. That's why we need to both work on clarifying something if something isn't made clear yet. We can't just jump at each other. Maybe I am going through some rage because of the Warriors losing cycle. I just want to see the home team do well and make smarter decisions at the top and smarter decisions on the floor with tangible results. So many times this organization is not on the same page and it's just frustrating to follow it everyday. Maybe I need a break... Now I know how Richardson must feel or maybe even Murphy. It's just feel like being trapped.

11. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

Eh, don't worry all will be good when the Warriors make the playoffs this season. [​IMG]

12. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Gohn Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Eh, don't worry all will be good when the Warriors make the playoffs this season. [​IMG]</div>

All will be good when that happens, I just don't think it'll happen. Our style of offense can be limiting if the free throw line destroys us some nights, or we don't have those offensive rebounders camping near the basket getting good position, or we don't have an answer inside the paint in the halfcourt. This all really affects the way we space the floor as a team when the game is slowed down. Defensively, we've got to be more honest than how we've been the last three years. Dampier, Clif Robinson was actually very good interior defense and pretty well rounded as far as defending weakside, helping on the overplay, and post defense on guys like Shaq or Jermaine O'neil or Kevin Garnett. I think our perimeter D was just absolutely lousy when we combine Jrich and Dunleavy together and later on Fisher. That's just some wall to wall slow laterally moving players. Jrich scores, but what is Dunleavy's excuse. He's not exactly Lamar Odom or Lebron James with the assists. Maybe we do need to move Jrich to small forward some nights because sometimes his defense on shooting guards is not very good. Dunleavy has the same problem. He could defend, if everyone else was as slow as him. He just can't react physically.