Lakers 113, Magic 110

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by TMac_OwNz, Mar 15, 2004.

1. shoeaddict

shoeaddict JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Phreeze:</div><div class="quote_post">HA...HA...HA.. turns out Kobe plays BETTER than T-Mac tonight, just by the performance in the 2nd half alone.. He actually guarded T-Mac btw, all T-Mac guarded all game was the old G.P.</div>

Tmac already shown that he can carry his own team. I would liek to see kobe on a eastern conference team and see if he does the same. Until then, McGrady is truely the better player.. Trade Kobe to the future Bobcats, if they make it playoff next year. Then Kobe is the next jordan, hands down.

2. DirtySouth

DirtySouth JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Phreeze:</div><div class="quote_post">HA...HA...HA.. turns out Kobe plays BETTER than T-Mac tonight, just by the performance in the 2nd half alone.. He actually guarded T-Mac btw, all T-Mac guarded all game was the old G.P.</div>

He didn't play better he only scored one more point for them and t-mac was in foul trouble late so he couldn't guard kobe. Kobe should of been fouled out in the 4th along with shaq. he was throwing andrew d around like a rag doll.

3. TMac_OwNz

TMac_OwNz JBB JustBBall Member

Man...lol Kobe just went crazy at the final quater..

Great game ..but Orlando deserved the win...once again lol...this time it wasn't giricek blowing it , it was T-Lue lol it might mean a trade with him too :P anyway , T-Mac was late for that shot because he got fouled! he was just waiting for the call when he realized the refs didn't want to get beat up by L.A. fans he threw the ball and made it but at the buzzer [​IMG] .

At least I had OT in my prediction..what a game..Hunter didn't even play but as I said a lot of players with 5 fouls.

4. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shoeaddict:</div><div class="quote_post">Tmac already shown that he can carry his own team. I would liek to see kobe on a eastern conference team and see if he does the same. Until then, McGrady is truely the better player.. Trade Kobe to the future Bobcats, if they make it playoff next year. Then Kobe is the next jordan, hands down.</div>

Umm Kobe was the one who carried his team today, without a doubt. T-Mac got plenty of help from Lue (up until the last turnover), Howard, and Stevenson. Shaq did get a lot of rebounds, but look past the stats and he didn't play a very good game. Kobe was everything for us this game, and he actually played D. How is it so much harder in the eastern confrence btw? In the west when he drives in he has all the big men around and its much tougher, all the east got to offer is Ben Wallace. Jordan didn't do it alone either btw, he also had guys like Rodman, Pipen and Harper ya know..

5. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TMac_OwNz:</div><div class="quote_post">T-Mac was late for that shot because he got fouled! he was just waiting for the call when he realized the refs didn't want to get beat up by L.A. fans he threw the ball and made it but at the buzzer [​IMG] .

</div>

Well, Malone got fouled by t-Mac the play prior, so it evens out...

6. TMac_OwNz

Was that a joke? lol..

No comments , I'll leave you with this stats.

T-Mac: 37 Pts 10 Assists 7 Rebounds
    Kobe: 38 Pts 4 Assists 3 Rebounds

This rivalry will never stop , everybody has different opinions , KG , Pierce , VC , AI none of them has done something big without any help. I just think T-Mac is better for a simple reason , they are even almost everywhere except T-Mac is 6 '8 , I'll leave you with that playa [​IMG] .

Edit: This 2 paragraphs should answer some other commets I didn't bother to answer [​IMG]
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Tracy McGrady dominanted Bryant most of the night as he scored 37 points. But he made just 13-of-32 shots and could not get off a potential game-winning shot in time at the end of regulation.

Playing at full strength for just 24th time this season and first time at home since December 21, the Lakers also got a huge game from Shaquille O'Neal, who finished with 27 points and 23 rebounds.
    </div>

7. notmuchgame

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TMac_OwNz:</div><div class="quote_post">Was that a joke? lol..

This rivalry will never stop , everybody has different opinions , KG , Pierce , VC , AI none of them has done something big without any help. I just think T-Mac is better for a simple reason , they are even almost everywhere except T-Mac is 6 '8 , I'll leave you with that playa [​IMG] .</div>

Without getting into a Kobe vs T-mac arguement, I'll give my quick opinion...I've always thought T-mac is the better offensive player from quarter 1 thru 3, but Kobe is a far superior 4th quarter player....Tonites game only strengthens what I've always believed...

8. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TMac_OwNz:</div><div class="quote_post">Was that a joke? lol..

This rivalry will never stop , everybody has different opinions , KG , Pierce , VC , AI none of them has done something big without any help. I just think T-Mac is better for a simple reason , they are even almost everywhere except T-Mac is 6 '8 , I'll leave you with that playa [​IMG] .</div>

Defense and clutch performance doesn't show up in stats. T-Mac did close to nothing in the 4th for the Magic when they needed him most, Kobe put up 24 points when they needed him most. He also did a great job on T-Mac, all McGrady had to do was score throughout the game, since he was only guarding G.P. anyway. T-Mac's last shot that didn't count was nice, but that was luck and it didn't count so it wouldn't count as "clutch," either by the way..

9. TMac_OwNz

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Phreeze:</div><div class="quote_post">Defense and clutch performance doesn't show up in stats. T-Mac did close to nothing in the 4th for the Magic when they needed him most, Kobe put up 24 points when they needed him most. He also did a great job on T-Mac, all McGrady had to do was score throughout the game, since he was only guarding G.P. anyway. T-Mac's last shot that didn't count was nice, but that was luck and it didn't count so it wouldn't count as "clutch," either by the way..</div>

You watched the game or saw it on gamecast? lol if so , they were wrong I don't think T-Mac guarded "old guy payton" not even for a min. Lucky? please.. you had no comments on my stats so that is good [​IMG] . I'm going to sleep now 2 AM ET lol so I'll answer to anything else tomorrow.

10. notmuchgame

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TMac_OwNz:</div><div class="quote_post">You watched the game or saw it on gamecast? lol if so , they were wrong I don't think T-Mac guarded "old guy payton" not even for a min. Lucky? please.. you had no comments on my stats so that is good [​IMG] . I'm going to sleep now 2 AM ET lol so I'll answer to anything else tomorrow.</div>

I'll speak for Phreeze...a response to "your stats"

113-110 nuff said [​IMG]

11. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TMac_OwNz:</div><div class="quote_post">You watched the game or saw it on gamecast? lol if so , they were wrong I don't think T-Mac guarded "old guy payton" not even for a min. Lucky? please.. you had no comments on my stats so that is good [​IMG] . I'm going to sleep now 2 AM ET lol so I'll answer to anything else tomorrow.</div>

You must have been watching a different game then buddy. I remember late in the 4th I was mad at Gary because he would never take it at T-Mac when he had the ball. T-Mac had 5 fouls and I wanted him out of the game! He definitely WAS guarding Gary, go watch tape of the game.

12. notmuchgame

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Phreeze:</div><div class="quote_post">You must have been watching a different game then buddy. I remember late in the 4th I was mad at Gary because he would never take it at T-Mac when he had the ball. T-Mac had 5 fouls and I wanted him out of the game! He definitely WAS guarding Gary, go watch tape of the game.</div>

In the 4th, Mcgrady was guarding Kobe until he picked up his 5th...then they moved Stevenson on Kobe...so technically, your both right...

13. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting notMuchgame:</div><div class="quote_post">In the 4th, Mcgrady was guarding Kobe until he picked up his 5th...then they moved Stevenson on Kobe...so technically, your both right...</div>

Almost the whole game Stevenson was on Kobe, I really don't remember more than 3 posessions where T-Mac WAS guarding Kobe... I do remember T-Mac on Gary and Rick when he was in, much of the game though.

14. notmuchgame

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">LOS ANGELES (AP) -- After coming up with one of the NBA's most notable offensive performances of the season, Kobe Bryant preferred to talk about his defensive effort.

Bryant scored 26 of his 38 points in the fourth quarter and overtime, and put the clamps on Tracy McGrady during that time as the Los Angeles Lakers rallied to beat the Orlando Magic 113-110 Monday night.

Shaquille O'Neal had 27 points and a season-high 23 rebounds for the Lakers, who overcame a 19-point deficit late in the third period thanks mainly to Bryant, who scored all but one of his points after halftime.

McGrady, the NBA's leading scorer, had 37 points to give him 139 in the last three games. But he scored only five in the fourth quarter and overtime, when he was guarded by Bryant.

"I think of myself as a throwback -- not only can I score the basketball, I can keep people from scoring," Bryant said. "It was very fun. I love those matchups."</div>

RECAP

15. Sergio

Sergio JBB JustBBall Member

Arhg... to bad the magic lost this one, especially cause it was so close. Superb performance by injured Kobe tough, gotta give him respect. Nice game from J. Howard and Stevenson too. Don't wanna comment on shaq as he is a traitor...

I kinda hoped that they win, but had to wait till morning as all the games are during the night and I can only "watch" them via "live stats" or sth...

Too bad... [​IMG]

16. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

I'm so pissed off. I'm so tired now, I shouldn't have stayed up to watch it. In the 4th, all Kobe was doing on Tmac was fouling him, and then Tmac got his 5th foul on a cheap foul. Yes, Malone got fouled, but he woulda only made 1 of 2(he sucked on the line) and then you call Tmac's foul and he woulda made at least 2 of 3 to win the game. Oh well great game Magic. I gotta give Kobe his props, he played good. I just wish Stevenson and Tmac would have fouled Kobe as much as he fouled Tmac down the stretch. Oh well. We're 19-50 something(lost track of losses, lol), we're not going to get any calls.

17. DirtySouth

DirtySouth JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Phreeze:</div><div class="quote_post">Umm Kobe was the one who carried his team today, without a doubt. T-Mac got plenty of help from Lue (up until the last turnover), Howard, and Stevenson. Shaq did get a lot of rebounds, but look past the stats and he didn't play a very good game. Kobe was everything for us this game, and he actually played D. How is it so much harder in the eastern confrence btw? In the west when he drives in he has all the big men around and its much tougher, all the east got to offer is Ben Wallace. Jordan didn't do it alone either btw, he also had guys like Rodman, Pipen and Harper ya know..</div>

T-lue didn't dp nothing he was in foul trouble the whole game. Kobe says he could stop people from scoring, I could to if I would grab on to them every time they go to move and on top of that having shaq and malone helping me out, no one can stop t-mac one on one.T-mac doesn't get the calls on one end and kobe gets phantom calls on the other. one time he drove to the hole jump up swapped hands he lost it in the air and they called a foul on rooks cause kobe couldn't hang onto it.

18. ZeroToOne50182

ZeroToOne50182 JBB JustBBall Member

You talk about McGrady's mouth...

"I think of myself as a throwback -- not only can I score the basketball, I can keep people from scoring,"

I don't think I have ever seen something like that from him... To me thats out of character for Kobe.. To me that sounds like hes full of himself because of what he did in the fourth quarter.. I am not going to talk about what happened because I didn't see it.. Make the case for that comment not being what I think it is.. But T-Mac doesnt desereve crap, when crap like this is said too.. He sounds so sure of himself..

19. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

He was amazing, but he was practically raping Tmac on defense. We deserved this win, but the refs basically giftwrapped the game to them. At the beginning of the 4th, every possession they called a foul on us which got them back in the game. That Rooks call was BS. Shaq learned something from Vlade when Declerq fouled out, he just flopped.

20. Ice

Ice JBB Member

There were some missed calls down the stretch, but by no means do we deserve this win. Orlando was up by 19 points at one point, and they still let LA come back. And having a record of 19-50 will not get you the benefit of the whistle, especially on the road.

In the matchup of McGrady vs. Kobe, Kobe obviously had the better game. It is inappropriate to claim he's the better player of the two, because they are in completely different situations. He had a phenomenal game, but that shouldn't justify their entire rivarly/matchup.

Never use the statistics as an excuse or comparison. Kobe played better defense, and scored the points when he was needed. McGrady played a great 3 quarters of basketball, but when it really counted, he faded. If you are going to compare them stat wise, next time think about GP, Karl Malone, and Shaq. They tend to deplete Kobe's numbers. McGrady on the other hand doesn't have the privilege of playing with three future Hall of Famers. Therefore, his numbers are obviously going to be higher. If you chose to make judgements of the two, just compare them down the stretch. Kobe attacked the basket, or drained his jumpers. McGrady on the other hand bricked his shots or dished it off to a teammate. He wants to be the leader of the team, but leaders need to take over the game. Not pass it off to unreliable teammates, because they can't get the job done.