Lakers 113, Magic 110

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by TMac_OwNz, Mar 15, 2004.

1. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TMac_OwNz:</div><div class="quote_post">
    First , T-Mac was getting raped by Kobe at the end of the game and he didn't stop T-Mac from scoring , most of the time he ended up getting double teamed by Kobe and Shaq or Malone or triple teamed by those 3.
    </div>

Sorry to tell u this buddy, but that's how defenses are played in the playoffs...

and for the record, Kobe didn't "stop" T-mac from scoring...he just held him to 5 pts...

btw...I forgot to mention, Stevenson looked really good...looks like he found a home..

2. DirtySouth

DirtySouth JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting notMuchgame:</div><div class="quote_post">Sorry to tell u this buddy, but that's how defenses are played in the playoffs...

and for the record, Kobe didn't "stop" T-mac from scoring...he just held him to 5 pts...

btw...I forgot to mention, Stevenson looked really good...looks like he found a home..</div>

For the record t-mac also scored points on kobe in the 2nd qt. Kobe did guard him a little while in the 2nd.

3. Ice

Ice JBB Member

You can make excuses and deny it, but Kobe clearly had the better game. Hands down.

Now that raises a question for some thought. Is McGrady a great talent, and not a great player? Because thus far, when it comes to clutch time, he usually fades away. (Obviously one game won't justify an entire season, but he's usually never there in the final seconds.)

4. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting DirtySouth:</div><div class="quote_post">For the record t-mac also scored points on kobe in the 2nd qt. Kobe did guard him a little while in the 2nd.</div>

For the record Kobe wasn't even guarding T-Mac in the whole first half. Maybe a few posessions because of mismatches after screens but he was never primarily on him in the first half. It was always Fox or George in the first half.

5. DirtySouth

DirtySouth JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Phreeze:</div><div class="quote_post">For the record Kobe wasn't even guarding T-Mac in the whole first half. Maybe a few posessions because of mismatches after screens but he was never primarily on him in the first half. It was always Fox or George in the first half.</div>

For the record out of the few times he did guard him in the first half t-mac scored on him. I'm not saying everytime but he had some points on him in 1st half.

6. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

I wouldn't say Kobe had the better game. He did down the stretch, but Tmac still had more assists and boards than Kobe and still found the open man down the stretch when he was getting tripled teamed(too bad they couldn't make it for him). Kobe was amazing down the stretch, but at the beginning of the 4th quarter, every time the Lakers had the ball, there was a foul called on the Magic, no matter what. That's what got them back into the game. Oh well the game is over, we're closer to the #1 pick now.

7. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting sportsrock37:</div><div class="quote_post">I wouldn't say Kobe had the better game. He did down the stretch, but Tmac still had more assists and boards than Kobe and still found the open man down the stretch when he was getting tripled teamed(too bad they couldn't make it for him). </div>

I remember a few years ago when Vince and Kobe played their first ever game against one another...Lakers ended up beating the Raptors in OT with Kobe outplaying Vince....afterward, the media asked T-mac (who was a Magic by then) for his opinion on who won the head-to-head matchup...and T-mac responded saying "It was pretty obvious who won the matchup, Kobe took less shots to score more points and his team won the game." T-mac won their matchup last year in Orlando, but Kobe won it this year IMO...but like many mentioned before, its only one or two games...we'll know by the end of their careers who had upper hand...

8. the MDE

the MDE JBB JustBBall Member

Great games by T-mac and Kobe, but Kobe's team came back and won as expected..I am a disappointed that the Lakers let it get out of hand at home and they let the Magic score 110, even if it did go into overtime, the defense must improve!!

9. TMac_OwNz

TMac_OwNz JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting notMuchgame:</div><div class="quote_post">Sorry to tell u this buddy, but that's how defenses are played in the playoffs...

btw...I forgot to mention, Stevenson looked really good...looks like he found a home..</div>

LoL.. I think that's how defense is played and called in street ball.

And for the record Kobe didn't held him to 5 pts , Malone Shaq and Kobe did [​IMG]

I still don't know how he had a better game than T-Mac Ice Breaker..statswise? Don't think so , maybe a better 4th Quater ofcourse , Kobe Scored 1 Pts in the first half? he was fresh the 2nd half.

And Stevenson .. yes Bogans , Stevenson and T-Mac on the floor at the same time is the best we have right now to offer Defense and Offense at the same time they are awesome.

10. Krazygreen

Krazygreen JBB Banned Member

Its just funny to me that you tmac fans were laughign at us and kobe last season when he started out a descent 3-9, yet you fail to admit that your tmac went on a 1-19 stint....It seems literally ironic to me that you state tmac could carry a team with 19 wins on his belt, it contradicts itself....seems like tmacs jersey number matched the ammount of wins he had first 20 games of the season...

11. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TMac_OwNz:</div><div class="quote_post">LoL.. I think that's how defense is played and called in street ball.

And for the record Kobe didn't held him to 5 pts , Malone Shaq and Kobe did [​IMG]

I still don't know how he had a better game than T-Mac Ice Breaker..statswise? Don't think so , maybe a better 4th Quater ofcourse , Kobe Scored 1 Pts in the first half? he was fresh the 2nd half.

And Stevenson .. yes Bogans , Stevenson and T-Mac on the floor at the same time is the best we have right now to offer Defense and Offense at the same time they are awesome.</div>

So what if he scored it all in the 2nd half, he came through for us and his TOTAL was MORE than T-Mac... so that's a dumb comment IMO. Doesn't matter if it is balanced or all at once its still the same total and result in the box score. I don't like to even mention box scores but that's what you've been bringing up throught this topic. We also did still come up with the victory. Someone quoted T-Mac earlier about when he talked about a Vince vs Kobe matchup, supposedly he said that Kobe won that night because he score more on less shots, and still won the game. Well Kobe took 6 shots less and still scored more and came up with the victory. This came from your T-MAC.... So with that theory Kobe won that matchup I'm guessing??

12. Krazygreen

Krazygreen JBB Banned Member

kobe is so scary good that he could score 24 in 1 quarter and beat your team with his all around game, im happy he scored 24 in the 4th because it simply proves to me that if kobe had a freelanced team like tmac and ran it all by himself with all plays running through him....wow he could average 50 points a game! I mean seriously, he scored just 24 alone in the 4th, imagine him doing that for another 3 quarters!! im sure if he was losing a game where he had scored a lot of points, he wouldnt be LAUGHING AND JOKING on the court like tmac always does after a loss...pathetic..and btw this came out of the TMAC fans mouthes...im just re-itterating it...logically speaking, 1+2=3 (kobe scored 24 in the 4th, which means if he was the main offense of the team, he would score 24 more in the 3rd and second, and 1st, and kobe would ultimately end up with more then 80)..dont believe me, take intro to philosophy/logic.

13. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Krazygreen:</div><div class="quote_post">kobe is so scary good that he could score 24 in 1 quarter and beat your team with his all around game, im happy he scored 24 in the 4th because it simply proves to me that if kobe had a freelanced team like tmac and ran it all by himself with all plays running through him....wow he could average 50 points a game! I mean seriously, he scored just 24 alone in the 4th, imagine him doing that for another 3 quarters!! im sure if he was losing a game where he had scored a lot of points, he wouldnt be LAUGHING AND JOKING on the court like tmac always does after a loss...pathetic..and btw this came out of the TMAC fans mouthes...im just re-itterating it...logically speaking, 1+2=3 (kobe scored 24 in the 4th, which means if he was the main offense of the team, he would score 24 more in the 3rd and second, and 1st, and kobe would ultimately end up with more then 80)..dont believe me, take intro to philosophy/logic.</div>

lol... Kobe is my favorite player of all time also, but you're so full of him.. T-Mac is different and better than Kobe in certain areas, as a fan of the game I realize that. After reading a lot of your posts, it almost seems like you think he's the greatest player of all time. Like I've said I don't see in anyway how Kobe didn't outplay T-Mac, but you take it a little extreme. Kobe will never score more than 70, no matter how many he's posted in one quarter. Not many players can keep up their game at such a high level, and I don't think Kobe will score any more than MJ did in a single game.. which was 69 btw. Not many players hit the 60's like T-Mac did the other night, and that was a great accomplishment. There's no doubt they're both great offensive players and there is no way of comparing the two on that side of the court. People tell me Kobe might have broken 65+ if he would have kept playing in that Memphis game where he scored 56 in 34 minutes, but it's not easy to keep up that kind of level of play throughout.

14. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

Yeah, it's like when Tmac scored the 64 pts, he missed 10 of his last 11 shots, so there's no telling if Kobe would have kept his pace up the whole game.